PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from Sydney

Mikster
29th January 2007, 02:16 PM
Heya Guys,

Im Michael from Sydney.

I just bought a 2003 Astra SRI turbo on the weekend, I pick it up on Wednesday :dance: .

I have just found this forum and would love to talk to you fellow opel/holden drivers.

Will post pics of the new car as soon as i can :angel:

Speak soon,

Michael

EL BURITO
29th January 2007, 02:19 PM
Hi was colour is the SRI. (i am guessing it it silver)

Mikster
29th January 2007, 02:54 PM
Yes it is Silver :o) good guess..

I just traded my Black 2000 Barina City...

I can't wait to pick it up.

blueraven
29th January 2007, 03:31 PM
*waits for ausvectra to pimp the flash upgrade* :D

btm
29th January 2007, 04:03 PM
welcome mike - congrats on the purchase!

we have a cruise up the blue mountains this sunday if you feel like taking you new baby out for a spin!

click here for more info - http://nsw-opels.opelaus.com/forum/index.php

Mikster
29th January 2007, 04:30 PM
I just clicked the link but there were no details,

I'd love to come along, im not sure if I am going to be able to make it though I'll try my best, I pick up the car on thursday, but im sure i'll be able to make the next one definately. but still i'd like to details for this weekend.

btm
29th January 2007, 04:51 PM
PM Shaun and get him to add you as a user of opelaus NSW

In the mean time, here is a brief rundown

Currently about 15 cars on the list - should be a good day :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Mountains - Sunday Feburary 4Th. UPDATE!!!
BLUE MOUNTAINS CRUISE.

Date: Sunday 4th Feburary.

Meet:
Hill Rd Homebush at 9.30am
Leave 9:45am

Destination: Katoomba R.S.L (Dora St Katoomba) for a social game of lawn bowls. There we have an hour coaching, and a couple of games of bowls followed by a Bbq lunch Total cost $15.00.

From there we **** to Scenic World (Corner of Violet Street & Cliff Drive) For some photos and even a bush walk or the scenic sky rail.

After Scenic world we are open for any idea's ppl might have.

Please bring your CBs, make sure you have a full tank of petrol.

Tfer
29th January 2007, 04:54 PM
Welcome Michael to Opelaus.... enjoy your time. :D

Shaun
29th January 2007, 08:37 PM
Welcome to Opelaus. Join up on the NSW forum too if you like if you havent already.

Shaun

Mikster
31st January 2007, 01:16 PM
I pick up my car in 4 hours time im getting excited... Can wait to drive the new baby home. Will post a few pic's as soon as i can.

SSS_Hoon
31st January 2007, 01:29 PM
congrats man, start modding it you know you want too, still got warranty?

if not then go for broke like blueraven has done.

SSS_Hoon

Mr T
31st January 2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome dude...where do you pick your car up from?

blueraven
31st January 2007, 02:29 PM
congrats man, start modding it you know you want too, still got warranty?
if not then go for broke like blueraven has done.

SSS_Hoon

I still have warranty :D (until someone at holden see's it lol)

and i havent gone for broke..but gone for as much as can be done on stock internals :)

And mikster, get the flash upgrade for the ecu, makes the SriT drive it should have done in the first place :D Oh and i think Gman is the guy you need to talk too, and i think they are still charging $400 for the upgrade, but its the best money you will ever spend on your car :)

Tigra
31st January 2007, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the group buddy, hope I get to meet up with you on this weekends cruise. There are great people here so you will get along with everyone really well.

Mikster
31st January 2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks all for your welcoming comments, The dealership stuffed me around this afternoon, its still not ready, apparantly its tomorrow now.

As soon as i get it the mods are starting, It already has a sports exhaust system. and 16" alloys.

EL BURITO
31st January 2007, 10:00 PM
y dose it have 16's u said it was a SRIT ?

auzvectra
31st January 2007, 10:18 PM
good point brito i didnt even notice :).
sorry br, bit late :), yep gman is the 1 to see in sydney for the tune.
it's well worth it :).
it's steroids for the sri-t :D.
also see the sri-t intercooler (eoi) thread, it should be ready soon!!!

Mikster
31st January 2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry my typing mistake, they are 17s not 16s

Tigra
1st February 2007, 01:35 PM
So have you picked it up yet?

auzvectra
1st February 2007, 01:46 PM
and have you pm'd GMAN yet :D.

luvpsi
2nd February 2007, 01:09 PM
good point brito i didnt even notice :).
sorry br, bit late :), yep gman is the 1 to see in sydney for the tune.
it's well worth it :).
it's steroids for the sri-t :D.
also see the sri-t intercooler (eoi) thread, it should be ready soon!!!

wish my damn ecu would read:mad: was so excited bout the tune and the bloody thing locked itself:mad: hopefully the new tool will sort it out;)

Mikster
2nd February 2007, 02:08 PM
So have you picked it up yet?
I have picked it up, you can see pic's in the members cars section, will be taking more pics over the weekend

auzvectra
2nd February 2007, 02:29 PM
ok sh!t luvpsi, not u too :(.
that makes 4 in aus :(.
i can test that for u, i still have my old ecu that didnt work, and i have the module, all i need to do it swap the ecu, n test it.

luvpsi
2nd February 2007, 07:44 PM
ok sh!t luvpsi, not u too :(.
that makes 4 in aus :(.
i can test that for u, i still have my old ecu that didnt work, and i have the module, all i need to do it swap the ecu, n test it.

yeah me too:( bad luck i guess:( did u have the same problem? have u got the new tool that wayne got last week?

auzvectra
2nd February 2007, 09:50 PM
so wayne has tested the new tool and it works on the problem ecu's!!!
send me ur ecu luvpsi n i can flash it :), or wayne which ever is easier.

luvpsi
3rd February 2007, 11:57 AM
so wayne has tested the new tool and it works on the problem ecu's!!!
send me ur ecu luvpsi n i can flash it :), or wayne which ever is easier.

Does it really work on the problem ECU's? I am not a aware that he did any testing on the problem ECU'S as yet:confused: i think it would be easier for me to flash it from here, saves me removing the ECU and that;)

auzvectra
3rd February 2007, 02:02 PM
true, if u havent had it sorted by march, i'll do it when i'm down there for ya :).
just realise we hijacked the thread, sorry mikster :(.

luvpsi
4th February 2007, 09:37 PM
true, if u havent had it sorted by march, i'll do it when i'm down there for ya :).
just realise we hijacked the thread, sorry mikster :(.

sorry from me too:o auzvectra: the new flash tool is on its way to me so hopefully it will crack the ECU and my astra will recieve the much needed power boost:dance:

luvpsi
4th February 2007, 09:38 PM
sometimes next week:D

Mikster
5th February 2007, 01:36 PM
So are you guys going to introduce yourselves to me or just chat amoungst yourselves :)

auzvectra
5th February 2007, 02:33 PM
i spose we could introduce ourselves :), i'm matt, n i'm the qld astra turbo agent :D
have u pm'd GMAN yet about the tune :).
it's only $400, and the best $$$ u could spend on ur sri-t :).

luvpsi
5th February 2007, 02:35 PM
So are you guys going to introduce yourselves to me or just chat amoungst yourselves :)

ooops... sorry mikster:o my name is luvpsi;) originally from liverpool NSW, now work in canberra but still visit sydney every two weeks or so:D

luvpsi
5th February 2007, 02:40 PM
forgot to say my real name is bojan (pronounced boyan). A bit of tricky name;) im hopefully gona have my tune done this week so if u interested to see what the drives like with the tune, let me know and on m next visit to sydney I'll gladly take u for a spin:D that is if everthing goes ok with the new flash tool:pray: :pray:

auzvectra
5th February 2007, 06:12 PM
well there is already 2 of the problem ecu's sorted with the new tool, so shouldnt be any reason for it not to work.

OPC
5th February 2007, 06:26 PM

HI MICK... MY NAME IS JAY

what are the plans for the astra ? pm me if u want...

Mikster
5th February 2007, 09:48 PM
Im going to have to save some cash before i can get this tune your taking about. just forked out a **** load to buy register and insure, but yeah would love to see how it drives so just let me know and we can meet up.. My car has already got some modifications to it, if you see the photo in members cars section, I have a metal pipe air intake, and a nice blow off valve. My mate who has a WRX just seen my car for the first time and says the engine bay is very tight and in good shape and who ever has done the modifications definately knew what they were doing. I think i have 102KW at the wheels from the dyno test thats already been done.

So the plan at this stage i need to get to know the car and do some research, save some money up and see what i can get done.

auzvectra
5th February 2007, 10:17 PM
that isnt the acurate figure, as alot of astra end up like.
the stock figure is about 115-121 kw at the wheels.
mine pulled 121fwkw, urs was obviously being drawn back by the traction control.

Mikster
5th February 2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah i know what you mean, cos it feels like it goes quicker then that, i think im going to have to take it myself and get it done again

OPC
6th February 2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah i know what you mean, cos it feels like it goes quicker then that, i think im going to have to take it myself and get it done again

i wouldnt bother... not as a stocker... u already know roughly how much the power output is as standard so do some mods then see what its like

plus if u go to a performance place to get mods done they usually do a before and after dyno