PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Brisbane

Tap
29th January 2007, 02:08 AM
I stumbled on this site a bit late. I have a Silver '05 Barina, with a home made iPod adapter. Pretty dodgy, but does the trick. I just put up my "tale" on the web. http://web.mac.com/tnahokas/iWeb/tnahokas/Blog/69F6E77E-D2A1-4877-8F39-689104B75BDF.html I would love to hear if anyone has some better solution. I never got around to finishing off the pictures section.

BTW, does anyone know about lift kits for Barinas? ;-)

Tfer
29th January 2007, 08:04 AM
Welcome Tap.... enjoy your time on Opelaus :D

Check out the Corsa section "Technical" and if there is nothing there, post your enquiry and see what all the Corsa drivers come back with ;)

Please also check out the Qld Forum for local activities and happenings :)

platypus
29th January 2007, 08:15 AM
v. nifty - i like it!!!

i'm sorry you'll have to repeat that!! might i ask what for? and umm no havn't heard of a thing

JS4TZN
29th January 2007, 10:28 AM
hey welcome aboard buddy

gslrallysport
29th January 2007, 10:50 AM
That's an odd request!

Dunno if you're gonna find something... Even Dobinson don't make a raised spring for it, and generally they're the best bet cause they make the springs of some VERY well known 'branded' companies...

Your only option might be to track down a 4WD place that does cheap urethan spring seat spacers, try and find one for a small 4wd ie. suzuki jimny, and hope you can get one to suit your size spring... how much more height were you after?

auzvectra
29th January 2007, 11:10 AM
if it was a corsa b, i'd say try some astra 'g' springs, they are a lot higher, but same sort of spring, may work the same for the corsa 'c' not sure.
ps, join in on the photoshoot this weekend, it's on sunday.

CJB
29th January 2007, 11:12 AM
Welcome man :)

gslrallysport
29th January 2007, 11:18 AM
if it was a corsa b, i'd say try some astra 'g' springs, they are a lot higher, but same sort of spring, may work the same for the corsa 'c' not sure.

Actually that's a fair call, ask around for springs of similar specs, i'd be trying dobinson first...

Often you can get away with doing that, i know WRX springs lower a new swift nicely! ;)

EL BURITO
29th January 2007, 12:15 PM
Well B springs fit on the C, so its a fair call that if G springs fit on a B they is a good chance they will fit on a C.

Tigra
29th January 2007, 12:54 PM
Lift kits......Really.....I should lift the Tigra, I wonder what that would look like.

Welcome Tap, the Ipod thing is an intresting idea, but how come you did not just go out and by an FM Transmitter for like $60?

auzvectra
29th January 2007, 01:11 PM
well there you go, i havent actually put the springs in, but side by side they are very similar, just higher, also i didnt compare the fronts, only the rear.
but it may help you atleast.

btm
29th January 2007, 01:11 PM
welcome dude :)

Tap
30th January 2007, 01:51 PM
I wasn't looking for much of a lift, just enough so I don't scrape on my driveway. There's been a couple of times after heavy rain when my driveway starts pushing the limits of passability for a Barina, and there was one occasion when the car was brand new and I scraped it heavily. I later noticed some plastic guarding underneath was missing. The joys of living in the bush.

I don't know why, but the "FM transmitter" feels like cheating ;)

BTW I have spent a lot of time reading through the Corsa forums in the past few days. I was wondering what the Combo SRi was all about, and now it makes sense. Very cool custom stock car.

Thanks for the welcome.