PDA

View Full Version : VE COMMY doco on CH9 NOW!!

pred8r
28th January 2007, 10:32 AM
For those interested it just started.

EDIT: an 'interesting' advertisement, bloody long though (1hr) :D

Bill_G
28th January 2007, 10:43 AM
Thank christ for daylight saving, which means it won't be on in Brisbane for another 45 minutes yet. Otherwise I'd have missed the first 1/4 hour. Thanks for the heads-up, BTW. ;)

MatsHolden
28th January 2007, 02:34 PM
Pretty sure it's the same one that was on, as part of the launch of the Commodore last year. Very good watch.

EL BURITO
28th January 2007, 02:36 PM
Pretty sure it's the same one that was on, as part of the launch of the Commodore last year. Very good watch.
It was.
missed it last time thou.
was interesting

Bill_G
28th January 2007, 04:17 PM
It's the first time I'd seen it as well, and I'm rather pleased I did. I'm not in any great hurry to get rid of either of our Vectras yet, but I'd still been having a hard time selecting a reasonable replacement, and had more or less settled on the Mazda 3 MAXX as the best choice, but on the strength of what I've just seen, my decision has now been made for me. The VE Commodore is without any doubt the best thing that GMH have ever produced, and by a country mile. :clap:

pred8r
28th January 2007, 04:56 PM
The VE Commodore is without any doubt the best thing that GMH have ever produced, and by a country mile. :clap:

Shouldnt this be, "the Opel is the best thing GMH ever RESOLD" :D

Shaun
28th January 2007, 06:37 PM
Can buy it on dvd from the Lions den. Same as the HSV Story. Bastards never put the VXR in the HSV Story though..........

pred8r
28th January 2007, 08:34 PM
Bastards never put the VXR in the HSV Story though..........

ROFL long segment that would be......

Cue important HSV boffin, in suit, speaking and pointing to the VXR behind him.......
"Aaah yeah, we put the badges here, and here, oops, forgot about this one". A hand covers the opel blitz on the airbag.

Blue_Dvl
28th January 2007, 08:41 PM
it came out free with an edition of MOTOR not long ago, but is now for sale at JB HI-FI and other HSV outlets for about $25 i think.

Its quite good to watch, some great behind the scenes footage.

MatsHolden
28th January 2007, 08:55 PM
it came out free with an edition of MOTOR not long ago, but is now for sale at JB HI-FI and other HSV outlets for about $25 i think.

Its quite good to watch, some great behind the scenes footage.

You beaut, got a 30 dollar JB gift card to spend!

Wraith
29th January 2007, 12:52 PM
I've got the VE DVD with Skaife and Deborah Hutton hosting which came with a Motor mag edition late last year.

Wonder if the program above was the same thing - very interesting viewing :)

jvl
29th January 2007, 02:02 PM
I found all the testing stuff they did interesting... ie crashing it into brick walls continually and then crashing big trolley things into it. Freezing the car in a shipping container and then trying to drive off in the frozen car, just in case someone drives the car in those conditions :)

The amount of stuff they tested was amazing, really shows the attention to detail.

However I felt it came across like one of those shows you'd see at 2 in the am trying to flogg off <insert lame product here>. An hour long commercial, with more VE ads in the ad breaks....

MatsHolden
29th January 2007, 03:07 PM
I've got the VE DVD with Skaife and Deborah Hutton hosting which came with a Motor mag edition late last year.

Wonder if the program above was the same thing - very interesting viewing :)

Yeh it is.

MatsHolden
29th January 2007, 03:09 PM
However I felt it came across like one of those shows you'd see at 2 in the am trying to flogg off <insert lame product here>. An hour long commercial, with more VE ads in the ad breaks....

Well it is a Holden production in co-operation with ch9, originally designed for screening with the launch of the VE last year, so it's obviously going to be Holden pumping their tyres up...

mackeysam
30th January 2007, 01:33 AM
if its the one with mark skaife and deborah hutton then yeah it was from end of last year...i've taped it on DVD if anyone is interested...i can post it or whatever cause i've watched it a few times now :P very interesting! i was going to start a thread getting people's opinion on whether they think the VE will be exported to other countries considering it's major success in AUS???

cheers guys
sam

Wraith
30th January 2007, 09:03 AM
The VE will be a definite export product, just like the models before it from the VT.

Middle East is the biggest export customer from my knowledge :)