PDA

View Full Version : Ah Sri 2.2

sparks
24th January 2007, 05:46 PM
Well the new sri 2.2 has arrived at my dealership looks good.wheels have changed full leather trim.Nice package should sell...

OPCVXR
24th January 2007, 07:12 PM
I'll have to take a look fella!

Red AH SRI T
24th January 2007, 08:12 PM
You only just recieved it?

Our Dealership has had it since christmas

EL BURITO
24th January 2007, 10:40 PM
i havent seen one yet and i still go past 2 holden dealers 5 times a week

Red AH SRI T
25th January 2007, 10:50 AM
Really?

We have delivered more than 1/2 a dozen or so to customers already. Biggest issue is supply, many dealers have seemed to have underestimated its popularity, and colour choices, so supply is very tight

sparks
25th January 2007, 05:58 PM
Yeh look we only get them in if there sold as were not a metro dealership.No use keeping them in stock if you haven't got the demand for them.

Voyager_1701e
28th January 2007, 11:44 AM
Hi All!
I would like to know if anyone has any feedback on the AH SRi manual? I am awaiting the new Corolla (as I work for a Toyota dealership) before I make a choice between the SRi and new Corolla model due in May/June. I have had 2 Astra'a in the past(my turbo was a great car...but only 2 door:( ) and I love the styling, but knowing Toyota's they will cost less to purchase/maintain and have better resale value. I have seen some of the features of the top level "sports" Corolla to come, and they are amazing for a Corolla(HID for a Corolla!!!), but my heart still says Astra. As a side note, anyone have any info as to whether a 5 door SRi-T will be sold here in AUS? I noted in the back of Wheels Jan07 it has Astra SRi-T 5 door with ??? as pricing.

Appreciate any info!
cyas
Ashley

SSS_Hoon
28th January 2007, 02:32 PM
i seen one last night in penrith driving round still had interim label on it, looked ok i guess.

SSS_Hoon

MatsHolden
28th January 2007, 02:44 PM
They've actually updated the 2.2L donk too... it's now direct injection, hence the 2.2L Direct badge on the tailgate. Be interesting to see if it's any more efficient. Pretty good package, hard pressed to notice the differences between it and the SRi Turbo on the interior side of things. Although if I got one, i'd always be kicking myself for not falking out another 6K or so for the Turbo...

Voyager_1701e
11th February 2007, 11:12 AM
I went in to a Holden dealership on Thursday, took one for a test drive. Having had numerous Corolla's before and previously owning a 2000 Astra City and an 03 Turbo....I knew instantly this was the car for me! It felt immediately like an Astra(this was my first drive of an AH), which isn't a bad thing. It looks great in the flesh, was comfortable to position my seating. Whilst some of the controls felt a little unusual, with the exception of the indicator operation(why do journo's knock this soft touch indicator?...I love it!), they will be easy to adapt to. Stupidly(or not:) ) I was talking to the salesman so much I didn't pay too much attention to the performance, other than to say the engine was smooth as. The whole package was very well tied to the ground, very pleased with that, even though it may be a little harder on rougher roads....ill give that up for good tight handling. Overall it was very easy to jump in and drive. Rear visibility was better than I thought it would be(this is a 5 door model).
The only negatives I could mention, I did not like the style of the instrument cluster, way too cluttered for my liking, but maybe I will get used to it, and the seats seem a little too small and hard, again I may get well used to them. I must also admit to being a little disappointed with the same chunky info display as the TS, I expected it to be a little more stylish than the last TS models screen, but I think it is the same!
Having said all that....and seeing numerous photos of the styling of the upcoming Corolla(with the more than standard 1.8L TRD model estimated to come 12months after the May/June 07 release of standard models)....I ordered an Astra SRi 5door manual in Red! With luck Ill have an 07 build by end of May! Now Ill just wait for all the usual motor trade "traitor" etc comments at work! Stuff happens :)
cyas
ashley

Charlatan
11th February 2007, 02:59 PM
What sort of drive away price were you able to negotiate Voyager? Is 3 or 4 months the waiting time for these things? Good to see another NA 5 door with somewhat 'sporty' intent on the market. Should give the SP23 a run for its money

Red AH SRI T
11th February 2007, 05:44 PM
3 months would be the waiting if he wanted an 07 build and compliance vehicle. 07/07 Astra's don't arrive until about April.

The screen is similar to the TS, but its not. The SRi's screen is double the size on the one on the TS, which is the same as the one on the CD astra, compare the two to see the difference.

and Congrats!!!

sasrit
12th February 2007, 10:42 AM
Pity the Sri doesn't have more speeds in its optional auto tranny, 4 speeds just doesn't cut it anymore, I will be in the market for a small car with auto shortly but a 4 speed would just frustrate me, wonder why the 6 speed from the diesel isn't available............

Voyager_1701e
12th February 2007, 11:20 AM
Hi All,
Yes the expected delivery date is April/May...which is fine for me as Im overseas for most of April anyway! I paid 30K for it with about $800 retail worth of accessories...got a slightly better deal than I thought I would, especially for a car that is a brand new model for AUS! Would have prefered the 5 door Turbo....but I cant wait for it to be even just announced! Mind you I did wait 6 months for my TS Turbo...

cyas
ashley

Wraith
12th February 2007, 11:49 AM
They've actually updated the 2.2L donk too... it's now direct injection, hence the 2.2L Direct badge on the tailgate. Be interesting to see if it's any more efficient. Pretty good package, hard pressed to notice the differences between it and the SRi Turbo on the interior side of things. Although if I got one, i'd always be kicking myself for not falking out another 6K or so for the Turbo...

I agree.

Unless I had to get an auto, (since no Astra turbos come with an auto option)between this and an AH Sri t, I'd fork out the extra and get the turbo.....