PDA

View Full Version : Back from Europe

Tigra
23rd January 2007, 12:30 PM
Hi Team,

Just a quick email to let you all know that I have not ran off, and Iam back from my Contiki holiday in Europe.

I was amazed to see so many Opel's in Europe and the majoirty of them were Corsa's.

Hope everyone is well and look forward in getting back to replying to topics on the forum.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year.

Wraith
23rd January 2007, 12:40 PM
Hi there Tigra, nice little black beast you have there ;)

Not surprising the Corsa is so common over there, with most countries in Europe having tight/small roads and streets and very high car keeping costs, the smaller cars are the vehicles of choice for most.

Tigra
23rd January 2007, 12:44 PM
Hi there Tigra, nice little black beast you have there ;)

Not surprising the Corsa is so common over there, with most countries in Europe having tight/small roads and streets and very high car keeping costs, the smaller cars are the vehicles of choice for most.

Thank you.

Yeah was surpised to see so many and it made me miss driving my car alot more. Funny thing was seeing them fly on the Germany Autobarns (Freeway), I was travelling in a coach doing 100k, and the Corsa looked like they were doing at least 160-180.

The only problem I had was trying to get some Opel badges for the Tigra. Went into a dealer in Berlin and they would not order me one unless I had the engine VIN number.

Anyone out there know the best place to get badges from?

MatsHolden
23rd January 2007, 12:48 PM
PM Crispy, he has a contact for badges...

GreyRex
23rd January 2007, 03:56 PM
I emailed an Opel dealer in Ireland. Was easy, quick... and like a massive christmas present!! Except it wasn't Christmas, and it wasn't wrapped in fancy paper. *Hmm*

CJB
23rd January 2007, 04:11 PM
Was that DG Opel?

I emailed him weeks ago wanting badges, he got back to me, but I havent heard from him since.

I got my Barina badges from there, no hassles... I might email him now actually.

Tigra
23rd January 2007, 09:18 PM
Was that DG Opel?

I emailed him weeks ago wanting badges, he got back to me, but I havent heard from him since.

I got my Barina badges from there, no hassles... I might email him now actually.

Crispy, can you get hold of the large Opel badges? The size of the new Astra ones that are on the rear.

Im also after a badge that says "Opel", their the same as what they put on the Barina's.

Shaun
23rd January 2007, 09:37 PM
Another Happy Contiki Traveller is back. How did you enjoy it ? Which tour did you do ? i did European Vista in June 06. I loved it. Contiki rocked. What was your day song and what was you wake up song. And how did you enjoy " The Amsterdam Cultrual Evening" hehehehe as the Tour Manager put it on our tour.

Tigra
23rd January 2007, 09:41 PM
Another Happy Contiki Traveller is back. How did you enjoy it ? Which tour did you do ? i did European Vista in June 06. I loved it. Contiki rocked. What was your day song and what was you wake up song. And how did you enjoy " The Amsterdam Cultrual Evening" hehehehe as the Tour Manager put it on our tour.

Where do I start:

Tour: 24 Day Winter Wonderer
Day song: I Predict a Riot - Kasier Cheifs
Wake Up Song: Add's from Bud Light
Tour Manager: Paul
Coach Driver (Female): Kat
Amsterdam: Heineken Beer Experience was TOPS. Live sex show, different!

Photos are now live (Small Section): http://picasaweb.google.com/milespics/EuropeHoliday

Shaun
23rd January 2007, 10:06 PM
Where do I start:

Tour: 24 Day Winter Wonderer
Day song: I Predict a Riot - Kasier Cheifs
Wake Up Song: Add's from Bud Light
Tour Manager: Paul
Coach Driver (Female): Kat
Amsterdam: Heineken Beer Experience was TOPS. Live sex show, different!

Photos are now live (Small Section): http://picasaweb.google.com/milespics/EuropeHoliday

My Day song was : Are you Gonna Go My Way Lenny Kravits
Wake Song : Im Super thanks for asking " South Park Movie"
Tour Manager was : Ally
Driver : Damian.
Amsterdam : Doses the name " Flugel" Ring Bells ??? if so and you liked it contact me. im in contact with the Importer of the stuff.
Fav places : Rome Hoftgarten Venice Vienna Amsterdam London.

Misguidedangel
23rd January 2007, 10:15 PM
opooooh contiki...

Bring on July... and Spain :D :D

Pics look awesome :D

Shaun
23rd January 2007, 10:25 PM
Contiki Rocks Em.... You will love it.

Tigra
23rd January 2007, 10:27 PM
opooooh contiki...

Bring on July... and Spain :D :D

Pics look awesome :D

You will love it! Well worth the money!

Misguidedangel
23rd January 2007, 10:34 PM
Imma get up to so much mischeif :D and see the world whilst doing it :o

Charlatan
23rd January 2007, 10:47 PM
Why do people do Contiki? Are you afraid to travel by yourselves? Only like seeing the tourist sights? Sorry, I just dont get it at all. I won a trip to Octoberfest once. I actually left the tour in Austria as it was just so bad. I guess there is lots of easy sex on offer ....

And what is a day song and wake up song? Is this so you all feel like you're in a club / have something to bond over. And yes, I'm getting old.

Tigra
23rd January 2007, 11:05 PM
Why do people do Contiki? Are you afraid to travel by yourselves? Only like seeing the tourist sights? Sorry, I just dont get it at all. I won a trip to Octoberfest once. I actually left the tour in Austria as it was just so bad. I guess there is lots of easy sex on offer ....

And what is a day song and wake up song? Is this so you all feel like you're in a club / have something to bond over. And yes, I'm getting old.

For me it was all about money. The fact that it was cheaper to see all these places in a 24 day period using Contiki. I did not have to worry about my own transport, booking hotels, paying for tolls on freeways and trying to work out what each historic place was on my own. The tour managers have a huge wealth of knowleadge and really give you value for money.

I can agree that Contiki would not suit everyone. Alot of people have the idea that Contiki is all about drinking and pissing up at night, well its all about choice and everyone has the choice to do these things nightly, not everyone is on the tour to piss up.

Shaun
23rd January 2007, 11:23 PM

try to do 21 days and 10 countrys on your own for the money you spend with Contiki. Yes its a snap shot but its a hell of a lot cheaper.
The sex things isnt like its spoken about thats for sure

aussie_in_london
24th January 2007, 01:09 AM
the misses and i did 12 weeks of Europe on our own, from country to country jumping on trains and looking at a map for where to next, middle of winter, great experience, made it easier travelling on British pounds and we went through 8 grand but well worth it : )

Greggy
24th January 2007, 02:03 AM
the misses and i did 12 weeks of Europe on our own, from country to country jumping on trains and looking at a map for where to next, middle of winter, great experience, made it easier travelling on British pounds and we went through 8 grand but well worth it : )

:eek: 8 grand - as in 8,000 GBP...........holy cr4p........but i guess its worth doing properly, niot like the oppourtunity i gonna arise that soon again eh !?!?

aussie_in_london
24th January 2007, 02:14 AM
yep £8000
was money well spent and not an oppotunity you get to do very often,
i dont think our employers will let us take another 3 months off work lol

Greggy
24th January 2007, 02:58 AM
yep £8000
was money well spent and not an oppotunity you get to do very often,
i dont think our employers will let us take another 3 months off work lol

this is true - my missus wouldnt let me out to play for 3 months either ;)

so your still in the UK...Where abouts are you ? - London I guess by yr ID...I could be wrong ;)

Shaun
24th January 2007, 09:04 PM
and i thought $6,500 AUD was a lot for 5 weeks.....

aussie_in_london
24th January 2007, 09:40 PM
so your still in the UK...Where abouts are you ? - London I guess by yr ID...I could be wrong ;)

been in London now for 5 years and will most probably stay another 5 or 6, all set up and bought an apartment on the river in Rotherhithe about a 5 min drive down from Tower Bridge

Shaun
24th January 2007, 09:46 PM
been in London now for 5 years and will most probably stay another 5 or 6, all set up and bought an apartment on the river in Rotherhithe about a 5 min drive down from Tower Bridge

Ive Seen where Aussie Lives . And i like the View you have . I wish i lived in London...

aussie_in_london
25th January 2007, 12:58 AM
its modern and doesnt feel like old dirty London in the old dock area on the Thames