PDA

View Full Version : Traded my TS Astra today

01CDsedan
20th January 2007, 10:48 PM
Yep, my '01 CD sedan goes at the end of March if all goes well, to be replaced by a VE SS. So I guess that means you'll be seeing even less of me on here and even more of me on ls1.com.au :)

Five and a half years of ownership and I have to say I've been really happy with it, money well spent, but I don't know that I'll miss it. Great car, reliable, good to drive, easy on fuel and all the rest of it...but it probably wasn't really me.

So I have about another two months left with it...which I'll spend trying not to damage it or put too many more km on it...

CJB
20th January 2007, 10:54 PM
congratulations!!!!!! :)

make sure you post pics of the VE... may I ask, what colour?

and what influenced you to go to a VE?

MatsHolden
20th January 2007, 11:01 PM
Nice mate.

01CDsedan
20th January 2007, 11:05 PM
Ignition Metallic - that dark orange that's been in the ads and so on. The hero colour of the moment.

I'd decided a few years ago that I was going to switch to a Commodore for the next car as long as I liked the new one. Part of the problem is that I'm 6'4" and fairly solidly built, and do lots of long trips, so the Astra has started to feel a bit small and I've been having back and leg/ankle pain lately after the long drives. We want to have kids soon so there was no way the Astra would work as a family car. I've also been a V8 fan since I was a kid, Brock and Bathurst and all the rest of it, had my first car trip in a Commodore, learnt to drive in a Commodore, so I guess it's a combination of factors.

Alfonzo
21st January 2007, 12:26 AM
Nice buy.

The VE looks really impressive on the road, I hope you're happy with it :)

sparks
21st January 2007, 10:31 AM
The ve ss is a tough car ive had a few drives of them seeing i work at a holden dealer and impressions are very good lots of power in standard form.you wont know your self good choice in car...

Wraith
21st January 2007, 12:57 PM
Well done........I can totally relate to your choice ;)

I am a V8 man and love the VE series, the SS is an awesome and impressive car and value for money wise, it's better than just about anything else out there !!!

I have fingers crossed on both hands hoping we'll see a 2 door variant, then I'm buying as well :)

But I'll still be hanging out here as much as ever, as my Astra and Opel interest won't fade away :) I'll have to find more time to spend on other forums :)

Tfer
21st January 2007, 01:31 PM
Two of my friends have them (one a SS and the other a SSV ?) and both are very happy. :)

Congrats on your purchase and post some pics... but don't be a stranger to Opelaus :D

KID_SRi
21st January 2007, 06:20 PM
You'll have Fun with it.
I have a VZ SS Thunder Manual (Company Car). The LS2 is a Great Donk, You don't have to flog it to go Quick.
Good Luck :)

xplosv57
21st January 2007, 06:55 PM
You'll have Fun with it.
I have a VZ SS Thunder Manual (Company Car). The LS2 is a Great Donk, You don't have to flog it to go Quick.
Good Luck :)

Sorry to be anal but u dont actually have an LS2, its an L76 in the VZ and the new VE SS has a L98, similar base but few big differences to the HSV LS2 motor!!

Anyways, congratulations on the inherent purchase, im sure you'll enjoy it, especially having a few extra ponies under your right foot!!!! ;)

You going for an auto or manual???

KID_SRi
21st January 2007, 07:28 PM
Sorry to be anal but u dont actually have an LS2, its an L76 in the VZ and the new VE SS has a L98, similar base but few big differences to the HSV LS2 motor!!

Anyways, congratulations on the inherent purchase, im sure you'll enjoy it, especially having a few extra ponies under your right foot!!!! ;)

You going for an auto or manual???

Same ****, Different Label ;)