PDA

View Full Version : Hi all noob here....

SRICORSA
20th January 2007, 08:57 PM
Hi all new to site, looking to purchase a Barina SRI in the not to distant future as I have been two wheelin it for a few years now got to drive due to a recent accident and am thus in the market for a hot-hatch.
I figured after a brief look around the SRI meets all of my needs now just to find one at the right price....

Any suggestions and or hints or tipswill be appreciated.

:cool:

EL BURITO
20th January 2007, 09:02 PM
Hi

wat year u looking at cos they have there pros an cons.

04/05 being my prefered (i would have brought one a few months ago but offer was rejecked).

there is one on sale on here atm hes in NSW

SRICORSA
20th January 2007, 09:39 PM
I am looking at the 01 mod at the mo....

pred8r
20th January 2007, 11:09 PM
Dont mind El Burito - He's Biased :p

The Late '03 was the better IMO :)

Available colours for this year were;
Star Silver
Saphire Black
Aztec Gold (similar to tiger mica Comowhore colour)
Magma Red
(If you want the Blue, its the earlier ones you'll need to chase.)

Late shape 16" wheels.
I think it was a little lower than the later one due to complaints (could be wrong)
Has rear discs, apparently dropped in the later models (Not sure on this either (EDIT: Laurie says they all had them. May have been the lower spec '03s then, read it somewhere NFI))
Has Trac. control (cant turn off, makes it cheaper on tyres), very subtle unless you give it heaps, later didnt
Active headrests got dropped a few years earlier anyway.
The later model ('04 on) had better looking headlights and Steiny/Irmy grilles are easier and cheaper to get (also reversible for when you sell it).
They say A/C was an option, but Ive never seen one without it. Later model it was standard.

Just as an afterthought the later models front bar MAY sit higher off the ground, this is a good thing if they do, as the earlier SRi's are lower than those concrete tyre stop bump things that you see in McD's carparks and also 'standard' gutters.

EL BURITO
20th January 2007, 11:24 PM
DIsks all round on the CD SRI and SXI.

SRICORSA
21st January 2007, 03:27 AM
Thanks guys good info, as Im looking for a cheapo entry SRi I'll prolly get the 01 if there aren't any bugs apart from a lower front spoiler, I like the look OEM. So it'll prolly stay std. Ive got a few other toys to play with as well!!!

Got my eye on one with 16' upgraded wheels and a new exhaust thru-out....:dance:

This hatch is for transport to work and back!!!

pred8r
21st January 2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys good info, as Im looking for a cheapo entry SRi I'll prolly get the 01 if there aren't any bugs apart from a lower front spoiler, I like the look OEM. So it'll prolly stay std. Ive got a few other toys to play with as well!!!

Got my eye on one with 16' upgraded wheels and a new exhaust thru-out....:dance:

This hatch is for transport to work and back!!!

Oh you want bugs......

These are the 'common' ones which most people find if they have a Corsa C, SRI or not.

The shifters last about 30k-50k before going 'notchy' and not smooth to shift.
The rear hatch squeeks (fixed by winding the rubbers out a little, which makes them slightly harder to open)
The rear suspension develops a squeek (trailing arm bushes, I think, someone correct me)
The cupholder is useless (unless you like dumping Slurpee contents on the back floor)
Factory H/U is underpowered, speakers are fine for 'normal' application

A thought for you - since you are considering 16" wheels, if you get the '03 you MAY be able to change the wheels without stressing your insurance Co. out as they would be the same size as OEM (If you are in 'that' age group it also free's up a mod for something else).

SRICORSA
21st January 2007, 11:32 AM
Im prolly in the "old-fart" age group, but it is something to consider!!!

Tfer
21st January 2007, 12:11 PM
Welcome sricorsa... enjoy your time on Opelaus..... :D

Good luck with the Corsa :)

mr_sikma
24th January 2007, 10:29 PM
welcome, i wouldnt mind an sri now for the bigger motor, but i reckon mine looks beter than a stocky sri and i paid less!

SRICORSA
24th January 2007, 11:45 PM
Do you have the 1.6ltr...?

EL BURITO
24th January 2007, 11:48 PM
no he has a 1.4 Z14XE.

ORICKY
24th January 2007, 11:54 PM
guys i fit in here.. owned a 1.4 litre XC for 3 years.. man i love the car service the baby myself.. but im 6ft 4 and there is no power man its a total bum of a car in take off.
Tonight i just brought me a 2002 SRI XC :D poah it drove alright... pick it up monday. compared to the 1.4, its in a different league..

my 194cm's fits well in the sports seats, plus i have cruise, power windows/mirrors and a 1.8litre engine to pump.
Hope i can run all these losers now that have pumped me throughout my 3 years of 66kw's.. hahaha... my 1.4 is pretty tough.. 17" wheels, lowered, handles like glue... What kind of cars can i run in my sri? can't wait to pick this baby up.. hahaa :)

SRICORSA
24th January 2007, 11:57 PM
I am about to take ownership of a 2001 model.... hopefully b4 the weekend, the drags are on at eastern creek on the 7th..... might have to test her out!!!!

mr_sikma
25th January 2007, 11:36 AM
yeah i got the 1.4

didnt know there was a 1.6?

btm
29th January 2007, 01:05 PM
welcome and good luck with the purchase :)

SRICORSA
30th January 2007, 12:01 AM
Finally found a good one and have purchased!!!!

Officially a member of the Corsa gang....:dance:

Got a 2001 SRi 16' Alloys and new rubber for $10K and happy as a pig in mud!!!!

Went for a late night run up the old road in Syd Nrth and had a eye opening experience, this little go cart plows thru corners!!!!:eek: