PDA

View Full Version : Irmscher Rings For Astra G/SRi-T

OPL-20T
23rd May 2004, 09:51 AM
I just got these rings and put them in my car the other day, looks really nice now, should have been like this standard from holden i say.
also thanx to Ian from S.A.for selling me the rings good buy....

SydneySRi
23rd May 2004, 10:19 AM
The look tops!!!! Do the rings just clip in? Is that a stacker under your A/C contols?

OPL-20T
23rd May 2004, 12:35 PM
the rings have to be glued into position and the glue comes with the kit, its like a blck elastic glue and its really stick and u have to be careful u dont smudge it all over your car.. took awhile to clean my hands too :(, but end results look nice..
yes that is a stacker under my a/c and the actual system/deck is my cd player as well but also it is my GPS/Sat Nav system i bought with my car at $4000 with 3yrs warranty on it. Dealer made about $400 profit on it so yeah.... it was either GPS or a sunroof i optid for the GPS, now i can go anywhere in australia and not get lost Hee Hee :mrgreen:

SydneySRi
23rd May 2004, 12:41 PM
Isn't the stacker from Holden the one that goes in the glove box? Can you get the stacker you've got from Holden as well? How much does it cost?

imay
23rd May 2004, 02:07 PM
Just stuck my chrome rings in using good old U Tack adhesive. Just a little bead around the rings and push into place. That way, if I ever need to remove them (say, for an convertible, turbo, etc.) I can just ease them off and clean up the console.
Opl-20T, glad you like em, and they really suit your silver console better than my black one.
Ian

mr_astra_retired
23rd May 2004, 02:34 PM
yeah they look good , my ones are chrome , they give the car a good look .

:mrgreen:

Anonymous
23rd May 2004, 02:37 PM
I have the Chrome Ones, But I'm too lazy to put them In :oops:
Gianni has Chrome, They look the Shiznit :D

OPL-20T
24th May 2004, 11:25 PM
yeah i thought about the chrome ones but i thought about it and these ones match the dials in the speedo and tacho more then anything else... the chrome ones only match the 2 door handles on either end and thats about it...
but its all good guys im sure they look great.
can someone post a pik of the chrome ones please if they can?? :D

The Sentinel
27th October 2005, 12:34 AM
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I have just picked up some irmscher chrome heater rings and can't work out how to fit them.

The (picture-only) instructions say to remove the console itself but from what I am reading here you don't actually need to.

Can anyone enlighten me?

R3N
27th October 2005, 01:37 AM
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I have just picked up some irmscher chrome heater rings and can't work out how to fit them.

The (picture-only) instructions say to remove the console itself but from what I am reading here you don't actually need to.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Don't need to, just fit over the outside of the knobs, could use double sided tape if you don't want a "permanent" fixture

imay
27th October 2005, 12:09 PM
As I mentioned in an early post to this thread: I stuck mine in using U Tack (or Blue Tack, available from most Coles/Woolworths, newsagencies, craft shops, etc.), and they haven't moved or fallen off since installation.

Easy to place. No mess. Easy to remove, if you want to, without any damage or mess to clean up.

Roll a pinch of adhesive into a long thin strip. Put adhesive onto backside of each ring and then push into place. Any adhesive that presses out can be easily removed (carefully) with a sharp hobby knife.
Polish 'em up and sit back and go "oooh aaah!"

Same system applies for the chrome speedo/tacho rings from LMF.

Clint
27th October 2005, 05:54 PM
can someone here please post by then end of the nite, the rough dimensions of the instrument panel rings, both the spedo and temp/fuel gauges and the heater gauges? all i need for now is outer diameter/inner diameter/width if anyone has that, only needs to be rough eg 80mm outer diameter, 70mm inner diameter and 10mm width

imay
27th October 2005, 07:01 PM
Sorry Clint . . . these dials are hard to get to for accurate measurement and I really don't fancy pulling my dash apart again!
Pull your dash apart and measure the inside diameter of the gauges and then add the thickness of the trim you want. Basically the same as what you are asking of others, just means you need to pull your own dash apart instead of me pulling mine apart . . . again!

Clint
27th October 2005, 08:15 PM
any rough guess is fine, a ruler up against the instrument panel is fine. all im interested is a rough guess so i can find out how much it will cost to make them. its not for me, i have a vectra not an astra.