PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Astras

Damo
19th January 2007, 11:45 AM
I've got a friend thats looking at buying a new CD Astra.. Just to help her abit I'm just wanting some positive and negative feedback from you guys, I.E. costs of replacement parts, insurance costs, fuel consumption, general problems, handling, features etc..

imay
19th January 2007, 12:11 PM
costs of replacement parts,
Expensive, but probably not more so than other comparable cars of its class on the roads today.

insurance costs, fuel consumption, general problems, handling, features etc..
Everything else is fine. Again, no better or worse than most other comparable models on the roads, other than the build quality and ride is (I feel, anyway) superior to other cars in this class.

MK
19th January 2007, 12:25 PM
i second that... i own Astra H CD model 5dr.

the build quality is great, really European standard car. pleasure to drive if a little underpowered (mine is automatik). The interior is well laid out (seering wheel radio controls) and easy to read.

its sold via Holden dealerships so parts are readily available and just like Astra G will become cheaper with time passing by :)

as for insurance i pay little for it and all depends on drivers age and insurance company's classification of the car itself :)

honestly, without being biased, its my best car so far...quality, price, running costs and value wise. for me at least.