PDA

View Full Version : coloured rims

Jess87
17th January 2007, 11:12 PM
hi guys

just wondering if anyone has got any thourghts or opinions on coloured rims?

its jst i saw a car today (silvia, i think!!) with bright blue rims and i think it kinda gave me an idea :o

i got a astra 03 cdx hatch - metalic blue, all iv done its tinting and rear spoiler (cheers dad!) and looking for things to put on my to do list?

does colord rims look cheap? i aint a fan of chromes - mainly coz of its maintenance...

tim_
17th January 2007, 11:29 PM
i think the best looking wheels are a nice shadow chrome. i am not, and have never been a fan of coloured wheels, i put them in the same basket as spinners haha

PaulyJ
17th January 2007, 11:32 PM
OMG!
Fully sick NFS Underground stylez!
Do it if you want your car to look like a cheap ricemobile.
Thats my opinion, but at the end of the day, if it tickles your fancy...

Greggy
18th January 2007, 12:04 AM
I have a dark Blue Vectra B with WHITE, yes, thats WHITE rims (Off of a limited edition v6 SuperTouring) - I like the look of it, but its a REAL pain to keep em clean.....but its not to every ones taste..

As Pauly says, what ever tickles your pickle ;)

oneightoo
18th January 2007, 07:33 AM
go white, black, chrome or shadow chrome..

i reckon coloured rims look a little tacky.. but you never know, it could look alright when its done.. if you like it do it.. i wouldnt tho..

Tfer
18th January 2007, 08:20 AM
go white, black, chrome or shadow chrome..

i reckon coloured rims look a little tacky.. but you never know, it could look alright when its done.. if you like it do it.. i wouldnt tho..

What Matchu said ;)

InsaneAsylum
18th January 2007, 08:23 AM
darios astra looks great with white rims

personally i like silver, black or shadow and white.

gold could look ok on the right coloured car

chrome and other colours aren't in my list of choices

Wraith
18th January 2007, 08:29 AM
IMHO coloured rims 'are not' the way to go.

They may look ok for the first couple of months, but they'll date and look crappy in time - especially if it's a really loud colour scheme.

In my eyes they give the car a cheap boyish ricey hoon look.

In the states, they actually have leather skinned coloured rims and all sorts of crap like that........better off if this trend remains over there !!!

In the end though, each to their own, if that's what really does it for you, fair enough ;)

btm
18th January 2007, 08:37 AM
depends on what you're talking about exactly... are you talking about full blue rims like these?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2568/romulinsbluechromerimssfg3.jpg

or just like a blue ring around the outside like these?

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3338/axistcevode7.jpg

maybe something like this could look alright?

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8628/dvincidv60bluesmzo4.jpg

CJB
18th January 2007, 01:05 PM
I dont mind the second or third wheel there Bryne.. they don't look too bad at all.

Is this the new "chrome"?

platypus
18th January 2007, 09:02 PM
i'd colour match, then go 2-5 shades darker than your car, do it in a nice pattern, but not over the whole wheel.

make sure you use a metallic paint, and just finish it nicely with a polished rim...

will look good... if the paint has the right depth!

Jess87
18th January 2007, 11:34 PM
IMHO coloured rims 'are not' the way to go.

They may look ok for the first couple of months, but they'll date and look crappy in time - especially if it's a really loud colour scheme.

In my eyes they give the car a cheap boyish ricey hoon look.

In the states, they actually have leather skinned coloured rims and all sorts of crap like that........better off if this trend remains over there !!!

In the end though, each to their own, if that's what really does it for you, fair enough ;)

thats what i thort - id prob regret it - with the cost and all

but i was just wondering thats all - ill prob keep the stockies on for a while tho... i dnt know if white will look any good - think ill just stick with the ol' faithful stockies (i got an cdx hatch - metalic blue, kinda royal blue, but a bit lighter)

cheers