PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy

konzilla_
14th January 2007, 03:46 PM
Hi Guys,

My name is Kon and i've just got myself a 92 Calibra.
It is my first time behind the wheel since 2001 as i had lost my license in July of that year and have not driven since...

It is also my first piston car, I am also a Rotary enthusiast having owned an RX3, 808 Wagon and an RX7 S4.

I went for the Calibra as i think its a mix between old school classic and new school sleekness at the same time. Its a car i look forward to cruising up and down the coast of NSW with and i know i will enjoy...

At the moment i'm still awaiting a court ruling as to whether i will be getting my license back "legally" as i was declared a habitual traffic offender... For not paying a parking ticket mind you...

I do have one question...
I have been looking all over the web and i cant seem to find anywhere that supplies for calibras, I wont be able to go all out for at least a year performance wise but i am still keen on working on my new cali as much as i can before then...
Any help would be awesome as i cant seem to find anyone who knows a decent workshop or auto store that does anything for calis...

Anywayz, I look forward to meeting you all on future cruises and meets.

Take it eazy guys,
See you all around!

EL BURITO
14th January 2007, 08:31 PM
hi mate.

have a look on here www.clubcalibra.org (http://www.clubcalibra.org/)

oneightoo
14th January 2007, 11:16 PM
welcome kon..

i have 2 calibra's and i love them.. you've made a great choice in a car there mate..

any questions about ya cali can be found at the link above, or you can ask me, ive pretty much pulled both mine apart before.. gettin spare parts is easy, dont ever buy thru holden, they will charge you an arm and a leg.. if you know where to get the parts you need, your cali will be cheaper to service than any other car..

also, one very important thing to remember..

treat your cali with respect, if you look after her, she will last forever, treat her badly, and she will cause you nothing but grief.. sadly thats the way these opels work..

and lastly, mate, get some pics up of your ride.. nothing i love seeing more than another cali, specially a nsw one.. so your gonna have to get on a cruise with us some time..

matt

konzilla_
14th January 2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks guys,

I look forward to nothng more than coming out for a cruise wtih my cali purring under me, believe me im well over due...

thanks for the help and as soon as i get my car (and myself) on the road i'll let y'all know, Ill prob be looking at just some visual mods to start with besides the usual filters and other simpe bolt ons...

Either way, I'll be seeing you guys around very very soon.

Where would i start as far as those little mods go? eg: dials, gaitors, shift sticks so on...

Thanks again!

oneightoo
14th January 2007, 11:33 PM
first up what ya wanna do is fiddle with the air intake..

the cali has the airbox which gets it air feed thru a resinator box.. remove this.. you'll have to take off the front bar to do this tho.. get some cheap tubing, doesnt need to be heat resistant as your air box air intake isnt close to the engone.. run a pipe from the airbox for a CAI..

get ya self a performance panel filter, will make a very tiny difference to your top end power, but also give you a very good induction noise..

get a cat back exhaust.. stock exhaust is pretty crappy on the cali, dont bother replacing the cat, it's good enough, and your stock extractors are better than any aftermarket ones so leave them as well..

sticks are a little difficult to come by.. i have a B&M shortshifter, very rare to come across these, if you can find one, get it, the long stick in cali is so restricting with gear changes, the shorter one is the biz.. if you can get a short gear linkage get that as well, only cost about $75 on ebay uk..

for aesthetic mods look on ebay uk, theres soooo much you can get for a claibra in the uk.. just use an advanced search and change the region to united kingdom.. you'll find literally 1000's of little things for a claibr aon there..

konzilla_
14th January 2007, 11:54 PM
first up what ya wanna do is fiddle with the air intake....

I actually do need engine mounts,
Ive never taken apart a Calibra before so i am not sure where they are located and how many there are...

How much am i looking at???

oneightoo
14th January 2007, 11:56 PM
mounts are pretty cheap.. wayne (turblue) got some custom made for his astra g sri-t, cost about $80 i think..

look in the members cars section for Turblue's car, it has all the info there about it..

btm
15th January 2007, 08:04 AM
welcome dude :)

EL BURITO
15th January 2007, 11:50 AM
Hi...................