PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trading in astra for astra.

maloo97
12th January 2007, 10:16 PM
How much do you guys think the changeover figure would be on Trading in a 2005 HOLDEN ASTRA AH MY05 CDX Wagon auto silver with 4,000 ks 10m rego, To a HOLDEN ASTRA AH MY06 CDX Hatch auto silver.

Just thought id get a idea before i went to a dealership

Thanks.

CJB
13th January 2007, 01:19 PM
Have you tried redbook?

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/

low astra
13th January 2007, 01:50 PM
my guess would be between 8 - 10k,

is it really worth it?

maloo97
13th January 2007, 03:41 PM

is it really worth it?

I dont think it is but my mum is annoying the sh!t out of me so anything for a bit of peice.

Blue_Dvl
13th January 2007, 06:58 PM
with such low mileage, and still being a current model i would definately look at private sale before you consider trade in. It really wouldnt be worth trading in as you will lose a lot of money.

EL BURITO
14th January 2007, 03:25 AM
is it even getiing another car to replace it as u said befor it just sits there

low astra
14th January 2007, 09:49 AM
I dont think it is but my mum is annoying the sh!t out of me so anything for a bit of peice.

is it her car or yours?

maloo97
14th January 2007, 01:00 PM
is it her car or yours?

Company Car. Family business. I deal with transport amung other things.

low astra
14th January 2007, 04:41 PM
yeh makes it hard, gotta keep ya mum happy

maloo97
14th January 2007, 09:52 PM
yeh makes it hard, gotta keep ya mum happy

I word. Women!

Red AH SRI T
14th January 2007, 09:57 PM
i would hazard a guess and say as a dealer trade in you would probably look at High TEENS or Low Twenties

or u could get in before close of business tomorrow while Holden has their 4 day sale on and push the dealer for a fantastic deal on an in stock 06 Build and compliance CDX Astra. ;)

RudeOne
14th January 2007, 10:00 PM

is it really worth it?

common robbo thats a bit harsh my bruda, i think he would do better than that.

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/vehicle/prices.php?key=HOLD05IK

Red AH SRI T
14th January 2007, 10:24 PM
If ur looking at getting in to new cdx you won't find an AH6, you will be had pressed to find an AH6.5, most dealers have stock of AH7's.

Only difference between 6.5 and 7 was introduction of Magma Red and Peaco.ck and the new switch for the power mirrors.

maloo97
14th January 2007, 10:37 PM
If ur looking at getting in to new cdx you won't find an AH6, you will be had pressed to find an AH6.5, most dealers have stock of AH7's.

Only difference between 6.5 and 7 was introduction of Magma Red and Pea**** and the new switch for the power mirrors.

Thanks for the info Redy.

Would i be able to get say a demo ah6 or ah6.5 ?

Red AH SRI T
14th January 2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the info Redy.

Would i be able to get say a demo ah6 or ah6.5 ?

Well if it's an AH 6 then the car is going to be built late 05 or early 06.
AH 6.5 was introduced, from memory, around May I think, and then AH 7 from about November/December.

I'm not sure if there are any demo's within our dealer group, but if you like i can have a look when i get to work tomorrow?

Ur in Sydney aren't you?

maloo97
14th January 2007, 10:55 PM
Well if it's an AH 6 then the car is going to be built late 05 or early 06.
AH 6.5 was introduced, from memory, around May I think, and then AH 7 from about November/December.

I'm not sure if there are any demo's within our dealer group, but if you like i can have a look when i get to work tomorrow?

Ur in Sydney aren't you?

Yeh im in sydney so thats cool.

Wraith
15th January 2007, 08:38 AM
with such low mileage, and still being a current model i would definately look at private sale before you consider trade in. It really wouldnt be worth trading in as you will lose a lot of money.

Agree with the above 100%

If you've definitely made up your mind to do what you've suggested, sell it privately, you'll get more for it that way.

It should sell easy, being current model, low km's and still has factory warranty which will pass over to the new owner.

Then just use the extra dosh for the new one - it may take a little longer, but it's worth it.

maloo97
15th January 2007, 09:38 AM
Agree with the above 100%

If you've definitely made up your mind to do what you've suggested, sell it privately, you'll get more for it that way.

It should sell easy, being current model, low km's and still has factory warranty which will pass over to the new owner.

Then just use the extra dosh for the new one - it may take a little longer, but it's worth it.

Yes thanks guys very good way to go i think.
Now i think about it Trade in would be silly, and privately would take time but it has so much to offer specially Free Servicing for 2 more years.

Misguidedangel
15th January 2007, 09:41 AM
Private sale? - Call 13 26 26 ;) Ask for me and i'll do you a good deal ;)

maloo97
15th January 2007, 10:08 AM
Thats mga ill keep it in mind!

tim_
17th January 2007, 10:57 PM
hmmm... i might look into the upgrade as well. i've got an 05 cd with 42,000 k's on it, might get a 2nd hand convertible :D