PDA

View Full Version : Damn It.......

Insubordinate
12th January 2007, 01:44 PM
i just ripped the front bumper off my car... just thought i'd let you all know. :(
ripped out all the electrics for my driving lights and my neons... so spuing. but you get that!...

btm
12th January 2007, 02:09 PM
what the hell did do?

Insubordinate
12th January 2007, 02:22 PM
pulled into park at coles and went that little bit too far. and needed to straighten up, so reversed and knew it was going to scrape coz it's low as, and then backed up and then crack... damn bummer got caught on the FRICKEN bolt... [attached] and yeah.... that's about it...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/mikesare/Image012.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/mikesare/Image011.jpg

YAY. went to the crash repairers. they put it back on for 30 bucks! so i've just some minor electrical problems now to fix up! a nice project for the weekend...

btm
12th January 2007, 02:33 PM
unlucky and then lucky!

good luck with the repairs :)

Jess87
17th January 2007, 10:57 PM
ouch!!

although i havent got the car loweded yet - i never park my car right up to the end of the carpark - prob a good habit to get in to know that iv seen how easy it is to hurt your bumper

good luck:)

CJB
18th January 2007, 01:12 PM
I ripped mine off the Barina, had to get it reclipped.

And yesterday when I went to Dee's work in her work carpark, I drove over those cement blocks - had to drag it off, didn't make a good noise.

Good luck with it - I empathise with your anger.

JR
18th January 2007, 03:15 PM
damn....dat sucks big time!!!
yeah, i never park right up to the kerb - all cause of that.

i scrapped the back skirt just like that, big time, a few weeks back though. lucky for me - nothing ripped or fell off!!!
that noise u hear, as u back off it - its horrible!!!

Red AH SRI T
18th January 2007, 06:23 PM
We ripped the front bumper a little on a HSV GTO this morning at work :(

Noir
18th January 2007, 09:35 PM
Ouch. Why the hell do they put bolts on those?

auzvectra
19th January 2007, 08:02 AM
probably to stop skateboards grinding them, or maybe just to hold en down.
i amways park back, but i cant park ove em neway, if i do, i can feel the front of my car lift, or just stop, either they are bigger up here, or my cars lower.

Dave
20th January 2007, 04:26 AM
funny, that, i always hit mine on those anoying concrete strips, but the other day another astra parked beside me and had no problems with it :confused:

Perhaps it could have something to do with my accident

Tfer
20th January 2007, 08:13 AM
I am so glad it is just not me.... but at least the Veccy C has a removable plastic trim at the bottom (and not the complete hard bar like the Turbos). Good result with the cost though ;)

mackeysam
22nd January 2007, 02:41 AM
i think its safe to say that we have all done it at some stage...especially those of us with lowered cars. the other day i caught my front bar on a driveway and that was reversing out of to do a U turn and yeah it made a rather large popping sound which i didn't like at all...no damage...but under the lip of my front bar doesn't feel/look very pretty anymore...its so scraped and scratched :(

auzvectra
22nd January 2007, 07:43 AM
^^ so true, i actually scrapped pulling into a street a few weeks ago :(.