PDA

View Full Version : 361 BHP VXR In The UK.

Shaun
12th January 2007, 12:12 AM
http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=218676#post218676

MatsHolden
12th January 2007, 12:22 AM
Hows that exhaust manifold! That'd be a handful to drive that's for sure.

Shaun
12th January 2007, 12:25 AM
Quite Possibly the Most Powerful VXR in the UK.

PaulyJ
12th January 2007, 12:32 AM
not even my gf can get me this happy... lol jk
thats freakin awesome!

Apex
12th January 2007, 06:12 AM
That’s 270kw through the front wheel, id love to see that go anywhere in the wet,
let alone the dry.

Sorry but in my opinion the only thing that power would be good for is bragging wrights.

oneightoo
12th January 2007, 06:40 AM
nice... and heres some specs of it http://www.trac-art.co.uk/projects.aspx?mode=D&ID=20

Apex
12th January 2007, 07:03 AM
I like the Air Filter, looks like the lid has been turned upside down with a K&N sealed to it. smart thinking….where does it feed cold air from though?

Greggy
12th January 2007, 07:04 AM
I'm in luuuuuuuuuurve !!

Went to one of the UK shows last year - they had a HUGE stand - awesome Vectra B on - was amazing !

They really know how to work over a car !!

sparks
12th January 2007, 07:29 AM
Now thats horse power!

JR
12th January 2007, 08:54 AM
holly molly!!!
dats insane!!! :clap:
me likes :D

Wraith
12th January 2007, 09:05 AM
That's the Regal tune spec stage 3 :)

Their stage 2 ain't bad either, involving air filter, exhaust and software upgrade only and the result is 212kw and 456nm........awesome.

I wouldn't be too worried about too much power, you can never have too much, you just learn to use it and drive the car accordingly......

Rolling start acceleration and go would be no problems at all with that power and you'd just take extra caution on take off and cornerring ;)

MatsHolden
12th January 2007, 09:43 AM
That’s 270kw through the front wheel, id love to see that go anywhere in the wet,
let alone the dry.

Sorry but in my opinion the only thing that power would be good for is bragging wrights.

My thoughts too.

lampshade
12th January 2007, 10:44 AM
That's the Regal tune spec stage 3 :)

Nah' that's way beyond stage 3 m8

All that work done but no thought to the brake's:eek:
The AFM wont last long with that air filter, just a mine's bigger than yours project car for the tuner to show PPL who dont know anything about modding a car IMO

Wraith
12th January 2007, 11:55 AM
Yep, your right, if you'd gone into the Regal site a while back, the 350+BHP VXR upgrade was their stage 3........they've recently redone their web page and the VXR mods are all re-written, the above now being a stage 5 upgrade.

By looking at their latest literature, stage 3 or stage 4 are the way to go.

Strong power and torque, with good response and driveability, I suspect fuel burn will be huge.

They say the VXR turbo runs out at about 228kw (310bhp), much better than the previous Z20LET turbo which runs out at about 170kw.

I'll bet most of us would've been happy with the VXR limit in our Astra G's :)

SSS_Hoon
12th January 2007, 03:38 PM
that is power at the engine not the wheels too btw ppl.

that is still impressive though for sure, someone has already taken apart a VXR engine and rebuilt it.

the brakes should be one of the first things done that is for sure.

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
12th January 2007, 03:53 PM
Yes, that's correct, the power levels I've listed above are at the flywheel.

Brakes should be o.k.

It's not the top end speed that increases much and not that any of us will ever do the top whack, it's acceleration that increases, so if your slowing down from 60km/h or 120km/h, it's the same effort on the part of the brakes, they don't need to be stronger just because you got to that speed quicker or in less time.

If you increase the weight of the vehicle considerably, or if you plan on doing well over the original maximum design speed of the car, then yes upgrading the brakes is a good idea.

I would just go to anti fade pads, that should suffice as with more acceleration, you might lean on the brakes more often.

mr corsa
12th January 2007, 08:01 PM
414 horsepower at the fly wheel is much more fun

Shaun
12th January 2007, 08:44 PM
Just Upgrade to the AP Kit when you have that much power. they will handle it. they are the same that were fitted to the Z Series as Premuim Brake Kits.

blueraven
13th January 2007, 12:50 PM
why did they uprate the internals??? The VXR has forged internals with oil spray cooling, and gerenal conjecture points to handling over 400hp before they need swapping. All i can think of is that this is only the beginning for the car...

Shaun
13th January 2007, 01:07 PM
What im thinking too. This car is going to be a rocket when finished.

Wraith
15th January 2007, 08:00 AM
This is all good, the more development they do O/S the more hopefully will trickle our way over time, so we can also get VXR's down here wit hgenuinely serious go behind them...........

Oh BTW I've finally test driven one, all I'll say is it was way, way to tame for my liking, I don't know how some people are saying it's scary, it's got too much power for the front wheels ??

I actually expected it to go harder, I reckon my heavier vert with Waynes re-map will hose it.........!!!

It had excellent mid range response though.

If I get one I'll want to tune/boost it up heaps to be happy.

I'll give a thourough description of it once I've also test driven an MPS 3 and XR 5 as well.

For now I've got to try and get rid of the Holden salesman, who'll be ringing me twice a day - "are you gonna buy it or what" hehehehe :D

Wraith
15th January 2007, 11:53 AM
414 horsepower at the fly wheel is much more fun

Hell yeh, especially in a tiny Corsa :)

I'm definitely with you, ie: you cannot ever have too much power, you've just gotta learn to use it (depending on the vehicle) and use it appropriately ;)

SSS_Hoon
15th January 2007, 02:45 PM
mmmm power is good torque is better :D

i also see bigger things for this car for sure, if what has been said is true that the stock internals can handle 400bhp then very big things are in order for this car.

Oil squirters aint the be all and end all they can actually be worse for the engine(in some cases anyway).

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
16th January 2007, 07:04 PM
This is all good, the more development they do O/S the more hopefully will trickle our way over time, so we can also get VXR's down here wit hgenuinely serious go behind them...........

Oh BTW I've finally test driven one, all I'll say is it was way, way to tame for my liking, I don't know how some people are saying it's scary, it's got too much power for the front wheels ??

I actually expected it to go harder, I reckon my heavier vert with Waynes re-map will hose it.........!!!

It had excellent mid range response though.

If I get one I'll want to tune/boost it up heaps to be happy.

we are finding now in the UK these things dont start to improve until around the 12,000 plus mile mark (close to 20,000km) and really need to be driven hard from run in then they really open up.