PDA

View Full Version : Yummy New Convert Hehe

maloo97
11th January 2007, 02:55 PM
Yeh new one good info too :p

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2006-Holden-Astra-TS-MY06_W0QQitemZ330073089329QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10223 4QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wraith
11th January 2007, 03:37 PM
Checked one out in the flesh last week at Preston Motors GMH on High St.

They have a single star silver one, which was already presold to one of the sales girls in the dealership :)

They look very, very good, the proportions of the overall car are fantastic.

The rear proportioning is way better than the previous TS model, which is a bit fat and bulky and is almost as slim as my Calibra.

The boot space is almost twice as long and deeper than the TS model vert boot space too.

Great car and I predict another top seller, despite the added competition in this class.

I certainly won't stop the missus from getting one if that's what she decides :)

oneightoo
11th January 2007, 03:40 PM
it's advertised as a TS, but isnt it an AH?? or are the vert's different??

Wraith
11th January 2007, 03:48 PM
Yeh, it's an AH.....

That's an error they've printed there :)

Dee
11th January 2007, 03:51 PM
screw the convertible

i want this one!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2006-Hummer-H2_W0QQitemZ330028895246QQihZ014QQcategoryZ35227QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

EL BURITO
11th January 2007, 03:58 PM
thats a H2 too big, H3 gos on sale soon.

AH vert is hot havnt seen one in the flesh yet

Wraith
11th January 2007, 04:02 PM
hahahahaha lol :D

Hey, I was at KD's last week also, but didn't spot that thing there :confused:

Must have just arrived or being held in the Hyundai section across the road.

Dee
11th January 2007, 04:05 PM
thats a H2 too big, H3 gos on sale soon.

AH vert is hot havnt seen one in the flesh yet

i'm short - i need a big car - H2 should compensate for my height

EL BURITO
11th January 2007, 04:08 PM
i'm short - i need a big car - H2 should compensate for my height
atleast u are honest about wanting to compensate

maloo97
11th January 2007, 04:21 PM
After starting the tread i finished work and went home.
An surprised to see my next door Neighbours just brought one is star silver. It is hot i want one. Nice smooth drive to. Very spaceish.

EL BURITO
11th January 2007, 04:22 PM
After starting the tread i finished work and went home.
An surprised to see my next door Neighbours just brought one is star silver. It is hot i want one. Nice smooth drive to. Very spaceish.
take pics pleasee

maloo97
11th January 2007, 05:22 PM
Sure will. Thats if he ever gets back. hes gone on a massive drive lol

bill142
12th January 2007, 11:28 PM
Sure will. Thats if he ever gets back. hes gone on a massive drive lol

Got to run the beast in.

Red AH SRI T
14th January 2007, 09:43 PM
They also mention it has 16 inch alloys, when they have 17's.

Friday was my first day back at work after chrissie holidays and we had the new AH TwinTop there, took it for a short drive with a customer, was very impressed.

So was the customer, she bought it :D

Wraith
15th January 2007, 07:45 AM
Yep, I reckon they'll walk out the showrooms, just like the TS vert before it :)

My missus even keeps bringing it up, more than talk about my machines, it really does have mega appeal.

imay
15th January 2007, 08:58 AM
Don't want to be talking treason here, but have you guys checked out the VW Eos, yet?
Due to hit our showrooms around March, I believe. Don't know pricing yet, but a very nicely put together package. 2.0 FSI and possibly 2.0 FSI Turbo (same as the Golf) are the powerplants of Aust VW choice, with 6 speed manual or DSG gearbox. Nice!
I don't even mind the solid (glass electric sunroof) roof!
If this is priced competitively, I reckon the Astra TwinTop could be in for a bit of a battle. And of course the Ford Focus convertible arriving later this year as well.

Wraith
15th January 2007, 09:18 AM
Very good points there Imay.

I agree the new vdub vert will be great, I too like it, but I'll bet price wise it won't be competitive, all VW's are over priced IMO.

IMHO, the Focus vert dosn't have the same aesthetic appeal as the Astra twin top, but it will be a bit cheaper, so it may cause serious competition.

The new Pug 307cc is also an improvement over the last model, except for those dorky looking fog lights, but it too will be in a higher price bracket, so I don't think it'll worry the twin top too much.

If anything I believe that greater sales of the new hard top 2 seater verts (tigra, colt, mx5 etc.) will take sales away form the bigger 4 seaters :rolleyes:

imay
15th January 2007, 09:58 AM
And then, of course, come March/April, there is also the BMW 335i Coupe/Cabriolet on offer . . . yum!

Wraith
15th January 2007, 10:34 AM
Oh yeah :) would love one of those, completely different class of car there.

I dare say, it would be as desirable as an M3 coupe/cabrio for much less money - but again the 335ci's price tag will keep their numbers restricted and not cause any dents in Astra twin top sales or any of those others mentioned above.

Off the subject - I've done some reaserch into the new Beemer twin turbo engine and it is very impressive to say the least.....it produces 400nm of torque at just 1300rpm :eek: that's impressive for a turbo engine and it consumes much less fuel than an equivalent power N/A V8, very impressive, considereing my 2.0ltr turbo vert consumes almost the same amount of fuel my old 250kw 5.7ltr HSV R8 consumed and it makes far less power.

The new upcoming N/A V8 powered M3 will have to be something really special to beat and be better than the company's new tt 3.5ltr six.

JohnBu
18th January 2007, 11:11 AM
my 2.0ltr turbo vert consumes almost the same amount of fuel my old 250kw 5.7ltr HSV R8 consumed and it makes far less power.

what economy you getting...?

us turbo hatches are getting 8-10L per 100km.....

could be the extra weight and bigger rims.... but dont tell me you're getting 13-14L/100km?????

.... the bmw 335i is 3.0L TT, not 3.5L... i wonder how much power they can screw out of it.. im sure alot more than 225kW or whatever they are claming.. im very certain they detuned it to sell more V8 powered E90 M3s... i say you're looking at 300kW+ after a remap and very minor mods.

imay
18th January 2007, 11:22 AM
what economy you getting...?

us turbo hatches are getting 8-10L per 100km.....

Don't forget that we drive around with what is effectively an "air brake" fully engaged for the majority of the time.

Mine: Open road, 2.2 litre, 100-110 km/h, roof up, I get around 6.0-7.0.
Roof DOWN (and that's the way I like it) that figure climbs to 6.5-8.0.
Around town I average around 10.9-11.2. Haven't bother comparing with the roof up, as it never happens!

Wraith
18th January 2007, 11:27 AM
I'm getting around those same figures you've shown above with 'normal' driving.

With the 20's it drops down to the high 6's when coasting at 100km/h.

Spirited or hard driving is giving me well over 10ltrs /100km, the fuel burn is hurrendous on turbo 4's when going flat chat, like I said it's almost as much as my previous HSV....

I have already posted somewhere, a mate of mine recently purchased an MPS 3 and is struggling to get more than 500km from 60ltrs of fuel, combined cycle with not much thrashing !!!

I could get better than that in my previous 250kw HSV and it weighed 400kg more with an auto trans !!!

Yes correct with the Beemer, my typo and yes for sure the power can be ramped up - how much, only time will tell.

The turbos are tiny units, but there are 2 of them, so it would be possible that a realistic gain of at 20% is possible.

Like I've said and many others in the BMW world also, that BMW may have shot themselves in the foot as this car could very well trump their new N/A V8 M3 !!!

Can't wait to see the outcome, the new M3 will be much anticipated :)