PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody

Highwayman
11th January 2007, 08:14 AM
Hey everyone, I thought since I just sold my old 2001 Barina Sri today and bought a 2004/5 Barina Sri with about 20 large on the clock, I would drop in and say hi - been driving a 'corsa' for about three years, best car I have owned thus far. Before that I had a new SS ute, it handled like a drowning monkey.

Looking foward to meeting everyone, hopefully having spare cabbage to spend on the new wheels and gaining some knowledge about the best little cars out on the road... Cheers

Greggy
11th January 2007, 08:26 AM
Hey everyone, I thought since I just sold my old 2001 Barina Sri today and bought a 2004/5 Barina Sri with about 20 large on the clock, I would drop in and say hi - been driving a 'corsa' for about three years, best car I have owned thus far. Before that I had a new SS ute, it handled like a drowning monkey.

Looking foward to meeting everyone, hopefully having spare cabbage to spend on the new wheels and gaining some knowledge about the best little cars out on the road... Cheers

Tamworth as in...Good old 'Blighty' ? (I'm a uk signed up member ;) )

Welcome aboard fella...:D

Highwayman
11th January 2007, 08:31 AM
Gday Greggy, yeah the Tamworth about 4 hours away from Sydney... the joint you have to leave for over a fortnight when Country Music Week is on... That stuff kills me man :doh:

Greggy
11th January 2007, 08:36 AM
Gday Greggy, yeah the Tamworth about 4 hours away from Sydney... the joint you have to leave for over a fortnight when Country Music Week is on... That stuff kills me man :doh:

Oooops - Cross purposes mate..........we have a Tamworth in the UK
(where I am ;) )

Eeeeek country music week.........couldnt think of too much worse........me dads into all that..... :(

Hey ho - welcome anyway :D

Highwayman
11th January 2007, 08:44 AM
Yeah I know, we borrowed the town's name off you guys when the joint got put on the map... wish we could also have a loan of some of the rain you guys get over there... its drier than a nun's nasty up there in the bush

Greggy
11th January 2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah I know, we borrowed the town's name off you guys when the joint got put on the map... wish we could also have a loan of some of the rain you guys get over there... its drier than a nun's nasty up there in the bush

Have it mate - have it all !!!..............weather had been rubbish for a few days now its getting on me nerves now....:mad:

Sammeh
11th January 2007, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the forums ;)

btm
11th January 2007, 09:43 AM
welcome mate!

EL BURITO
11th January 2007, 12:11 PM
hi..............

ope126
11th January 2007, 01:39 PM
Welcome Highwayman, is yours an update with mp3? :D

oneightoo
11th January 2007, 06:04 PM
welcome dude..

well done for gettin out of tammy ;)

Highwayman
11th January 2007, 06:47 PM
I have no idea about the stereo, havent taken vehicle yet, still at the car yard, just bought the sucka - all debt, no ride - will post photos when I receive the sucka - so u can play MP3's in newer models?

one2have
11th January 2007, 06:54 PM
Welcome aboard man.

from an SS ute to a Corsa?? Thats a massive lifestyle change man..

Tfer
11th January 2007, 09:58 PM
Welcome highwayman.... enjoy your time on Opelaus :)

Plenty to see and do :D

Highwayman
12th January 2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah well the ute cost 3500 a year to insure because I was 21 - the amount per year wasnt going to change until I was 25, so I thought with the money I saved on insurance I could buy a little rocket... anyway I could never throw the ute around like u can with the little Sri's... alot more fun to drive when there is more than a straight line involved:dance:

PaulyJ
15th January 2007, 01:37 AM
Welcome to the site mate.
You'll find any info you need here, and also meet some great NSW people.

Take care,

Pauly
Administrator

astrokidd
15th January 2007, 10:29 PM
hi highwayman i just bought an my05 barina a couple of weeks ago and have yet to pick it up from the yard...grr slow car dealers! But i agree its an awesome car

Highwayman
16th January 2007, 09:27 AM
Gday Astro, yeah I can't believe after owning a 2001 Sri for so long, then getting the 2004/2005 model how much it has changed, looks top shelf - Dont worry man, mine is still collecting dust at the car lot too,)

astrokidd
21st January 2007, 06:19 PM
received your car yet? just got mine the other day

Highwayman
22nd January 2007, 08:37 AM
Hey Astro, will be picking up car in about half an hour, getting all emotional about letting go my 2001 sri - one of the main reasons I was trading it in was that the paint job has oxidized - speaking to the dealers and apparently that model only recieved half the amount of paint that is usually applied at the factory, to cut costs - I either had to trade in or total respray - this paint job looks a bit deeper anyway, we'll see how we go;)

Dav SRi
22nd January 2007, 05:06 PM
Hi,
I had a vs manual and my barina SRi 02 it more fun to drive

Shaun
22nd January 2007, 07:09 PM
Welcome to Opelaus. Be sure to sign up to Opelaus nsw as well. Follow the link at the top of the page.

Shaun