PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

maloo97
10th January 2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/HSV/GTS/details.aspx?__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32%7C 1%7C%7CpCar_ImageCount_Int32%7C1%7C%7CpCar_LastMod ifiedDate_DateTime%7C1&__Nne=20&State=All%20States&R=735973&state_id=0&__No=380&__N=0%20834%20285%20257&distance=25&__Dx=mode%20matchany&trecs=3489&__sid=10F2B9ECF0D1&__Ntk=CarAll&silo=1003&keywords=leather%20interiea&Cr=3&__D=leather%20interiea&seot=0&__Ntt=leather%20interiea&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial

btm
11th January 2007, 07:07 AM
:eek: that is the hottest thing i have seen in a while :eek:

i wonder if he'll swap it for my astra :rolleyes:

only reason I am selling it is I am buying a 2006 Vet and the wife said I cant have both
bahahahahah :D

Wraith
11th January 2007, 07:28 AM
eeeeerrr, why WOW ?? :rolleyes:

It's a standard VE HSV GTS.........yeh ?? we've all seen these havn't we ??

Don't get me wrong, I've bought and owned HSV's in the past and I love these things and am eagerly awaiting a 2 door and then BAM, I'll be in the the nearest showroom to grab one !!

I thought maybe it was equipped with forced induction or something like that, then yes WOW.............at least 400kw ATW ooohhh yeah !!!! :D

imay
11th January 2007, 07:41 AM
Looks somewhat like a Commodore, sorry Omega, to me! Just got a few boy-racer add ons (which, in my opinion, spoil the already good looks of the base Commondore).
Nice enough, I guess, but for the money, why? There's plenty of other boy racer stuff out there for the same dollars that's as good, if not better, surely!
And, let's not forget, there are less and less roads arouind that you can actually use a beast like that. Not only in reference to the enforced speed limits, but also the physical, disgusting state of our roads. High speed driving just isn't safe anymore!

ZC_74
11th January 2007, 11:22 AM
I reckon the new HSV's are the ducks nuts. Sorry guys but when the Vectra is paid off I will be going to a HSV. Have about 3 years to go so will probably be into a Series 2 demo or 12 months old car.

SR20T
11th January 2007, 11:50 AM
poor guy! 6L engine! my caly is 2L twin cam, i cant pay for the petrol

ZC_74
11th January 2007, 11:55 AM
poor guy! 6L engine! my caly is 2L twin cam, i cant pay for the petrol

Maybe, but I am facing the problem of a growing family and the Vectra really isn't big enough.

SR20T
11th January 2007, 11:59 AM
i love calibra space, small and big enough to fit anything u want and its less than ton(well mine is not sure about stock calibras)

ZC_74
11th January 2007, 12:15 PM
I admit I'm not real happy about the idea of 6 litres but I thinik those that have V8's accept that they will have higher fuel costs. I had an Adventra before the Vectra and got rif of it because of fuel costs. However, from what I understand this reason was because of the weight of the Adventra and the fact is was AWD. I believe the LS2's in the 'standard' cars are much more economical. The Adventra used to suit on about 18/19L / 100K's. I think in a sedan there at about 13/14 and when crusing about 10/11 (someone correct me).

As I said, space is an issue. We have a 2 y.o. and a second will be along shortly so space will be required.

I do enjoy the fact that at the moment I get about 10l\100 around town in the vectra. It's awesome when crusing for long periods. I have had the computer tell me I have got about 800 k's to go on a couple of journeys.

rjastra
11th January 2007, 12:38 PM
As I said, space is an issue. We have a 2 y.o. and a second will be along shortly so space will be required.

Yep those pre-5yr olds sure take up a lot of space ;)

Wraith
11th January 2007, 12:38 PM
ZC 74 by the time your ready, there may be a 2 door available, although if your thinking family, a 4 door is more practicle :)

As for the 6.0ltr V8, fuel comsumption is 'comparatively' good, especially if you leave em stock.

I've owned a 5.7ltr LS1 powered R8, I can tell you for a fact as I always do fuel consumption comparos between all my cars, my Astra T vert's fuel burn under hard driving is almost as much as my R8 used to use and I have a friend who's recently purchased a MPS 3 (just talking to him today actually) and he reckons the fuel consumption on that thing is terrible.

He's struggling to get more than 450km from 55 litres of fuel !!!

Remember too, that the VE series 2 may feature the new DOD V8 engine - displacement on demand, so it runs as a V4 most of the time, halving fuel burn.

Driving style has alot to do with fuel comsumption as well, but remember, alot of higher power forced inducted 4 potters these days drink more than people think they do ;)

blueraven
11th January 2007, 09:34 PM
Driving style has alot to do with fuel comsumption as well, but remember, alot of higher power forced inducted 4 potters these days drink more than people think they do ;)

i avg about 450-500km in my astra with a similar sized tank :(

(best was when stock long trips well over 700km)

SR20T
11th January 2007, 09:50 PM
hahahaha 60L gets me only 250Km :)

ZC_74
11th January 2007, 10:17 PM
ZC 74 by the time your ready, there may be a 2 door available, although if your thinking family, a 4 door is more practicle :)

As for the 6.0ltr V8, fuel comsumption is 'comparatively' good, especially if you leave em stock.

I've owned a 5.7ltr LS1 powered R8, I can tell you for a fact as I always do fuel consumption comparos between all my cars, my Astra T vert's fuel burn under hard driving is almost as much as my R8 used to use and I have a friend who's recently purchased a MPS 3 (just talking to him today actually) and he reckons the fuel consumption on that thing is terrible.

Remember too, that the VE series 2 may feature the new DOD V8 engine - displacement on demand, so it runs as a V4 most of the time, halving fuel burn.

I agree with everything you have just said. I didn't really want to say much about DOD becasue it wasn't released but now you have made the comment.

I have a snaekaing suspicion that Holden/HSV held back on that, ready to put in the new car because when that happens, a new Falcon will be coming out and the Lion will need something new to fight the oval. Just my opinion obviously but kind of makes sense.

I am quite happy with my fuel consumption but I do know guys, like you have said, that get terrible consumption from a four. It does come down to the way you drive and I probably could do even better in mine but I drive hard every day of the week. (Yeah, I'm naughty). But the Vectra is such a tight car and lovely to drive and the general public really doesn't know what a good car it is. I have had my problems with it (see my threads) but they are all fixed.

Sorry wandered there a little.

Getting back to the HSV, one thing I do think about the VE is the styling. As I have said I love it but when you look at the back it almose seems they ran out of styling money and finished off the best they could. I love the tail lights but is there anything else that is really extrodinary at the tail end?

MatsHolden
11th January 2007, 11:26 PM
Looks somewhat like a Commodore, sorry Omega,

Omega? Not any more. VE is it's own car, unlike previos Commodores. The only thing Omega in the VE range is that they've replaced the base model Executive name plate with Omega.

ZC_74
12th January 2007, 07:52 AM
Wanna talk more WOW. Just picked up the new Motor and there on the front is a lime green Walkinshaw Performance, 370KW E Series HSV.

Not a big fan on the colour choice (I nearly didn't pick it up it because at first glance I thought it was a falcon) but what an awesome car

GreyRex
12th January 2007, 08:15 AM
I had the pleasure of driving a brand new automatic E Series Clubsport the other night... a proper drive. Considering im not really a big car person, i was really impressed. You can definately still tell it's a Commodore, but underneath it all it wasn't that bad. You nearly can't hear the engine just driving around normally, and the seats didn't make me feel like i was going to fall out of them. It's still a big mother, and you can feel it in the corners, but it changed my view on them...

Wraith
12th January 2007, 09:34 AM
hahahaha 60L gets me only 250Km :)

Say What ???

I hope your getting 'at least' 200kw per ltr power output for that kind of fuel comsumption lol :D

I had a 700+hp 350 V8 chev powered XU1 Torana and it wouldn't have drank that much.

My HSV was giving me over 500km per tank (60ltrs) combined cycle and that was a 250kw 5.7ltr V8 with auto trans in a 1740kg car !!!

V8's especially the newer ones are not as bad (comparatively speaking) as people think they are with fuel consumption, most people think because it's 2 or 3 times the capacity it drinks 2 or 3 times as much, but these same people have never driven or owned one, so it's all imagination ;)

For anyone who's really interested in economy, go diesel :)

MatsHolden
12th January 2007, 09:40 AM
Wanna talk more WOW. Just picked up the new Motor and there on the front is a lime green Walkinshaw Performance, 370KW E Series HSV.

Not a big fan on the colour choice (I nearly didn't pick it up it because at first glance I thought it was a falcon) but what an awesome car

Check the thread here mate. ;)

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11151&highlight=Walkinshaw

EL BURITO
12th January 2007, 05:07 PM
For anyone who's really interested in economy, go diesel :)

or the excel that i saw yesturday with LPG getting over 1000km a tank

maloo97
12th January 2007, 05:12 PM
Oh you serious ?

bill142
12th January 2007, 05:23 PM
think I've seen this one floating around town a few times. Saw a VE Senator yesterday, fell in love.

SR20T
12th January 2007, 05:49 PM
think I've seen this one floating around town a few times. Saw a VE Senator yesterday, fell in love.

me too :) sucha beast

Wraith
15th January 2007, 07:47 AM
or the excel that i saw yesturday with LPG getting over 1000km a tank

:eek:

A little N/A 4 banger on LPG, hope it does 0-100km/h in under 20seconds though.......