PDA

View Full Version : Imobiliser problem??

DoomTrooper
22nd May 2004, 09:28 AM
The other day i tried to start my car and the starter moter would start, stop start stop etc etc without the engine starting, the car had had some slight trouble b4 but had always started b4 but this time i had to ring holden roadside so out came the nrma thinking it was the battery we tried to jump it, with no luck in the end i held it in start whilst he hooked up the battery, making it start but then it just died when i went to move, started it again kept it going by reving it and i notice the dials wobbling and going to 0 and then the power steering cuts out and comes back after a bit, i manage to drive it to holden and after having my car for the rest of the day they tell me "it seems to have fixed itself so theres nothing much we can do"

anyone know what happened?? holden have no bloody idea, if i asked them to change my wiper blades i'd get new wheels there so stupid 8)

sri22m
24th May 2004, 09:54 AM
I had a similiar problem with my 01 SRi, with NRMA towing it to McGraths.
They replaced the fuel pump, and then went looking for anything else and found that the incar phone kit and Alarm was install incorrectly, no problems since.
I do have the wobbly dials (tacko and fuel) from now and then only on cold start up.

DoomTrooper
24th May 2004, 08:10 PM
well you'll be pleased to know i had to struggle home from uni with intermittant power steering and bloody no power every now and then from the engine with the dials dropping to 0 every time i indicated and genearlly it was just screwed to drive so i gave it to holden and said fix it this time or i won't be a happy chappy :x

imad4u
24th May 2004, 08:41 PM
sounds like a doggy connection to fuse box or bad earth to the body of the car....

sunny
25th May 2004, 06:53 PM
had similar problem today and 2 weeks ago :( and getting it checked tomorrow
from GM there's apparently a problem between the immobiliser and the ECU ... official as a letter was sent to every service dealers informing people about it
(from 2001-on barina) dunno abt astras though

will tell you all what happen