PDA

View Full Version : Car Shine

SIMid
9th January 2007, 11:12 AM
Just love how they price their aftermarket parts.

http://www.carshine.com.au/index.htm?http://www.carshine.com.au/Holden%20Astra%20H%20Styling.htm

Wraith
9th January 2007, 11:35 AM
G'Day Simon........ :)

Yeh, I think most here are familiar with carshine and their rip off pricing !!!

We had a thread going about 3 or 4 months back about them.

They've actually moved and are now located in Tullamarine, after being in the city for ages, (shame really as this location is so close to us), reason being sales not the best, so a smaller lower rental outlet was the go, but do ya think that made em change their ways - nope :rolleyes:

InsaneAsylum
9th January 2007, 11:47 AM
yeah there seems to be a void in basic economics... drop your prices and maybe the customer base will increase. i think they rely too much on overseas students, surgeons and corporate high flyers to buy their stock. they should target average joe, not 5% of society. anyway... the flemington rd shop was nice and close to where i used to live it was great for a browse every now and then.

Wraith
9th January 2007, 12:00 PM
I used to do the same thing nearly everytime I was in that part of the city as well - it was a good window brouse :)

I havn't been to their Tulla outlet yet, even though they've been there for at least 2 years now ....

PaulyJ
9th January 2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah went there once, walked out laughing.
As stated above, clearly they have no basic knowledge of economics, otherwise they'd have made big changes to their pricing structure.
Oh well, hopefully they'll learn one day.

Poogene2001
9th January 2007, 06:32 PM
Works out to $6700 (Approx) for the full Lumma Astra H kit... Not quite a bargain then.

NXA-16H
9th January 2007, 08:49 PM
Just love how they price their aftermarket parts.

http://www.carshine.com.au/index.htm?http://www.carshine.com.au/Holden%20Astra%20H%20Styling.htm

Rip off to the maxx. :mad:

The solution my friend?

As simple as...

S-L-I-M-C-R-A-I-G-I-E. :D

NXA-16H

Apex
10th January 2007, 09:18 AM
I love that Kit (GTCR).

Looks Like you could buy it online from Europe for about 1 3rd the price + postage.:dance:

Blue_Dvl
10th January 2007, 05:52 PM
yeah they certainly have a good range............ but their prices are rediculious.

coldzero
11th January 2007, 01:45 PM
I've recently had dealings with Carshine myself. A while back some doddering old fool decided to re-design the from of my car with his own. Anyway no one was hurt so off to the insurance company I went. The car had been fitted with a Talon front bumper straight from the dealer but there was nothing left of it after the accident. When I explained that the car had an aftermarket front bumper the insurance company said well have a look at the available front bars choose one and tell the smash repair people to order it.

This is where Carshine comes into the picture.

After much deliberation I decided on a Zender front bar which could only be ordered through Carshine as they are the Zender dealers in Oz.

So the smash repair place ordered the bumper and were told it could take upto 6 weeks as they do not keep stock and everything must be ordered in from Germany, but Carshine had been in touch with Zender and they had one in stock so it shouldn't be that long. Fortunately I didn't have to worry about the price as you can guess.

I was without my car for 8 weeks while Carshine farted around getting the bumper sorted out. Every week I would recieve a phone call telling me that it will be on the next flight from Germany and every week I was dissapointed when it never arrived. Not only that they had taken a 50% deposit before they ordered it so really they had us by the short and curlies. When it did arrive it only took the smash repair place 3 days of the 8 weeks to actually repair the car.

Anyway my experience with carshine was very painful and if your thinking of ordering parts from them unless they have them in stock I would think twice.

Wraith
11th January 2007, 01:54 PM
I will go one step further and say........

Don't get it from them regardless, in stock or not, paying for it or not !!!!!!!

You'll get the same thing cheaper and most probably quicker ordering it yourself from O/S, especially if it's from Germany, they have no probs (unlike the U.K.) in sending you any article of any size !!!

I've ordered/recieved numerous items from various German suppliers for my Opels over the past 4 years, very happy and the only way to go ;)

Tricky Ricky
12th January 2007, 09:40 AM
Sorry to go off-topic, but has anyone bought angel eyes for a cali from Germany? I bought a set from an eBay seller and they were saying it was out of stock, but right now they're still selling 40 of them on eBay!! WTF!! Luckily I paid by Paypal so got a refund back - minus currency fluctuation! :(

Anyway I've been biten by the angel eyes bug, if anyone can recommend an overseas seller, thanks in advance!

Wraith
12th January 2007, 09:57 AM
Talk to DJ Nik on the Cali forums, he'll point you in the right direction :)

Also if you do a search on the net, you'll find other suppliers in Europe.

I believe there is a company that make them in Belgium or the Netherlands, deal direct with them and get yourself a set, they are very cool ;)

maloo97
12th January 2007, 12:05 PM
Sorry to go off-topic, but has anyone bought angel eyes for a cali from Germany? I bought a set from an eBay seller and they were saying it was out of stock, but right now they're still selling 40 of them on eBay!! WTF!! Luckily I paid by Paypal so got a refund back - minus currency fluctuation! :(

Anyway I've been biten by the angel eyes bug, if anyone can recommend an overseas seller, thanks in advance!

There's a dude from nz he uses ebay. look under astra you will see them but just pm him im sure he has them for calibra.

Tricky Ricky
12th January 2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks guys. It's just that I wanted to get it from someone in Aust who's bought from the seller before, so that I don't get shafted as it's a lot of money :)

Oh yeah Djnik's angel eyes are awesome