PDA

View Full Version : you know your car is too low, when..

RK
22nd May 2004, 08:49 AM
you cant fit a hydraulic jack under the front end!

oh well, im just gonna have to make do with the jack in the boot :(

Nem
22nd May 2004, 09:26 AM
They already have to lift my car by hand to swing the arm for the hoist under it. And I havent even got my Eibach's fitted yet!

Ben

RK
22nd May 2004, 10:26 AM
well that was a disaster.. bordering catastrophy!

was raising my cars front end with two jacks.. so i could turn the steering without wheels on it and see what was making the grinding noise. so yeah, put bricks behind and in front of the back wheels, got the front end raised. took the wheels off. dad put a spare tyre under the front end incase the jacks failed. then i went around the back and saw a brick was kinda not in properly.. so i pushed it and it came out! and the car twisted and fell of the jacks! thank god for that spare wheel my dad put there! it landed on that. so the discs etc were safe from damage. Destroyed my dads cars jack. totally bent it. bent my cars jack a tiiiny bit.

so while the car was up. (kinda) i had a look under the guards and no scrapage! yay! so i dont think its the wheels. gotta be steering and/or wheel bearings. i wanted to my old stock wheels on (cuz i didnt want to give my car into service with the chromes).. buuut. there was some spacer thingy on the hub, and my old wheels wouldnt go on it :( so now i just have to hope and pray the the repair guys dont scratch my wheels.

damn i wish i had one of those hydraulic car lifting machines at home :\