PDA

View Full Version : What's the go with this VXR ??

Wraith
8th January 2007, 01:26 PM
This is the first and only VXR I've seen with Vauxhall bagde on the steering wheel and it also has cloth/leather seats, instead of full leather, which I believe is standard :confused:

It's from an add on carsales and it is not an ex-demo either, I suspect it is one of the first or original display vehicle maybe ??

Anyone know what the deal is with this thing ....

http://i13.tinypic.com/3yw8new.jpg

EL BURITO
8th January 2007, 01:28 PM
no the VXR only has leather side bolsters cos there recardos

MatsHolden
8th January 2007, 01:32 PM
no the VXR only has leather side bolsters cos there recardos

Nah Wraith's right, the Aus VXR gets full leather Recaro front seats. That is an interesting find.

EL BURITO
8th January 2007, 01:58 PM
yer i have beeen proven wrong checked HSV. i spend to much time eyeing them up on the UK site lol

OPC
8th January 2007, 02:56 PM
it also has the MPH dash clusters **see red**

Mr T
8th January 2007, 03:48 PM
Its definately a pic taken in Aus cause there is a VZ in the background.

hhmmm...

rjastra
8th January 2007, 04:01 PM
Do Australian delivered VXRs have the indicators on the right hand stalk? Take a look at the pics. The indicators are on the lefthand stalk. Private import?

btm
8th January 2007, 04:02 PM
Do Australian delivered VXRs have the indicators on the right hand stalk? Take a look at the pics. The indicators are on the lefthand stalk. Private import?
indicators are still on the left, correct?

MatsHolden
8th January 2007, 04:04 PM
Private import?

Or the initial show car as Wraith said, but a highly doubt it would be that, surely not.

Mr T
8th January 2007, 04:06 PM
Normal (lower level) AH's have them on the right...not sure about VXR's, but yeah that one has it on the left.

rjastra
8th January 2007, 04:08 PM
From the HSV site iot would appear that the wipers are on the left stalk for Oz delivered VXRs

opel697
8th January 2007, 04:37 PM
Having had the chance to cruise around recently in the HSV VXR build No.1 i can assure you all that they are very much an opel. Hsv have gone to all the trouble of putting their mark to it, but in the centre of the steering wheel sits the opel symbol. Tell you what they go pretty good to, 19" rims, and it has got a lot of cornering speed.

Wraith
8th January 2007, 04:42 PM
Yes, indicator stalks are on the right for all AH's. It's about time too lol :)

As for mph dial, the first VXR I checked out at Booran Holden, a black one also had mph speedo, but everything else was normal, ie: full leather Recaros and Opel badge on steering wheel.

Seems there are a few 'half hatched' examples around.

The pic of the one above is of a brand new red example with 15km on the odometer and it's for sale from a Vic dealer.

If you go to carsales and search for VXR's in Vic. it's the 2nd one - red - that comes up (out of a total of 9 available)

Opel697, you have the 1st, good to know, but that one above clearly has the Vauxhall badge on the steering wheel.

Poor effort as I've said before on Holden/HSV's part to not do a proper O/A badging of the car in the first place, the high asking price would surely have justified it IMO.

SSS_Hoon
8th January 2007, 04:46 PM
what i think happened is they were in such a rush to get them over here that they(hsv) took whatever was available at the time.

or...

it got put on the ship by mistake.

or...

i know with some of the VW in the USA they got bits and pices from the euro spec cars as someone in the production line made a error.

either way i hope they are not asking full retail for it.

edit. you removed the link so i had to remove this so ppl dont get all WTF? on us.... :D

SSS_Hoon

GreyRex
8th January 2007, 04:57 PM
My guess is that it was the Red one used for display, and the one that was at the Motor Show. I went and sat in a red one before they were released at Patterson Cheney in Ringwood, which had Vauxhall all over it and miles on the speedo. Was NOT allowed to drive it (apparently it was being used for evaluation purposes) Dont know why they have used that shot, or even what happened to that car. Seems like a logical explanation?

Wraith
8th January 2007, 05:02 PM
That's a good point SSS, I forgot to mention the asking price is 39k plus on roads as opposed to 42k plus on roads, so yeh it's cheaper !

But I've seen 'normal' VXR's for $45933 drive away, so why would you bother with that one ?? you miss out on full leather front seats......

Also you may be right as to why it's that way - rush job me thinks too ;)

Greg K
8th January 2007, 05:12 PM
great find Wraith... i cant really offer an explanation for it, but at least it has got us thinking!

i wouldnt mind the half leather either... would love to see it in the flesh

Shaun
8th January 2007, 05:16 PM
Yes it Could be The Motorshow car . it was on E Bay not long ago. Engine Bay Pic showed that it had a Badge on the Back VXR on the Coil cover. Others are Printed. Like the One at the Sydney Motor had Fitted.

Or Another theory.

Opel build 2500 OPC Varants and 2500 VXR Varants in a year for Each Brand. Opel GM would be pulling Stock out of that 5000 Units and sending the required amount to Australia. It could be Some are of Opel OPC Stock holding and Some are of the Vauxhall VXR Stock Holding.
Hopefully in 2007 The Stock Will be Built for HSV Rather then pulling from the Two Brands Stock Holding.

jsantos
8th January 2007, 07:35 PM
What you may find is a disclaimer on the add which states the picture is for illustration purposes only and actual stock may differ.

What many dealers do is to post one car up and attract customers with it rather then seperatly posting every car they have up.

aka

[/URL][URL="http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/in-stock/stock-image-popup.htm"]Stock images - actual vehicle may differ (http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/in-stock/stock-image-popup.htm)

MatsHolden
8th January 2007, 07:39 PM
What you may find is a disclaimer on the add which states the picture is for illustration purposes only and actual stock may differ.

What many dealers do is to post one car up and attract customers with it rather then seperatly posting every car they have up.

aka

Stock images - actual vehicle may differ (http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/in-stock/stock-image-popup.htm)

Still doesn't explain though why there is a Vauxhall badged Astra VXR out there...

jsantos
8th January 2007, 07:52 PM
The pictures were taken of a VXR which holden sent around australia pre-release of the VXR in australia to provide test drives to potential buyers and the dealer took out an add in car sales with that car listed with those photo's and never got around to changing them.

Put that infront of my post about the actual car differing from the stock and you have my guess of why there is a car that is vauxhall badged and not in australian spec..

Geebs
8th January 2007, 11:00 PM
Aussie VXR's have the indicators on the right. I was pretty annoyed actually, after 5 years in my G SRI, finally got used to it on the left - I am now still putting the wipers on every now and then, ah well, im sure I will be right in 5 years time!

Also true in that the Aussie ones have standard full leather, and the 19's.

As per some other comments, my say is this is an old pic from a car that Opel sent Holden when the VXR was first being released.

Wraith
9th January 2007, 09:19 AM
Yes it Could be The Motorshow car . it was on E Bay not long ago. Engine Bay Pic showed that it had a Badge on the Back VXR on the Coil cover. Others are Printed. Like the One at the Sydney Motor had Fitted.

Or Another theory.

Opel build 2500 OPC Varants and 2500 VXR Varants in a year for Each Brand. Opel GM would be pulling Stock out of that 5000 Units and sending the required amount to Australia. It could be Some are of Opel OPC Stock holding and Some are of the Vauxhall VXR Stock Holding.
Hopefully in 2007 The Stock Will be Built for HSV Rather then pulling from the Two Brands Stock Holding.

I think you've got it right with the above Shaun.

If you go to the HSV site and look through the specs section of the VXR, it also shows a pic of an interior with cloth/leather, not full leather, but the literature states you get full leather front seats !!! half assed job by HSV !!!

What they should do, is have an option, as there are people out there who would prefer the wear n tear characteristics of that combination.

They also show an interior pic with the HSV badge on the steering wheel ??

It's about bloody time with that one, but I've yet to see it on any VXR's.

Also if you check out those pics of that car in carsales, they are all taken at the caryard in question, I don't think they're previous promotional shots.

Obviously then I think there must be different batches out there as Shaun has suggested.

I also wonder then, if other specs such as suspention settings and tune are the same between the 2 batches ??? :rolleyes:

SIMid
9th January 2007, 01:01 PM
Wraith, I reckon U should go for a drive and check it out in person on the weekend to reconfirm if this is for real!

:P

Wraith
9th January 2007, 01:25 PM
Hi Simon, I'm pretty sure in saying it's real, you can see the Commo in the background and details of the dealership, which also appear in all the other shots, I should've pasted the link lol, seems like no ones gone into carsales to check it out :)

If I get the chance to get away from commitments and do anything associated with cars this weekend, it'll be to rock up at the Brighton Beach meet and surprise the living daylights out of Pauly :D

EL BURITO
9th January 2007, 01:37 PM
here we go for those who cant be bothered serchin
The car you enquired about was:
Price: $40,990
Vehicle: 2006 HSV VXR AH MY06.5
Body: COUPE
Colour: Red
Transmission: Manual
Kilometres: 20
Engine: 4 cylinder
Premium Unleaded Turbo 2.0 (1998cc)
Reg Plate:
NEW VIN:
Stock#: HSV26
URL: http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=3536739 (javascript:ol('http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=3536739');)

Location of Vehicle: Alan Mance Holden - Footscray 435 Barkly Street Footscray VIC 3011 Ph:03 9396 8000

^ incase any one feels like havin a look

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/WA04SXi/5472234.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/WA04SXi/5472233.jpg

MatsHolden
9th January 2007, 02:08 PM
If you go to the HSV site and look through the specs section of the VXR, it also shows a pic of an interior with cloth/leather, not full leather, but the literature states you get full leather front seats !!! half assed job by HSV !!!

Not doubting you mate, but I've been on there and they've got the full leather seats shown in the image. Might be in a different area.:confused: I might be out Footscray way this weekend or next, i'll have a look at this VXR.

Red AH SRI T
9th January 2007, 04:47 PM
my guess is this is the original showcar

Wraith
9th January 2007, 04:55 PM
Well done Elburito, that's the one :)

Yes Mat, they have more than one image depending which window you open up, I've seen the full leather one, but they also have an interior shot showing cloth/leather - go into the VXR configurator section and the interior pic there shows cloth/leather seats and HSV badge on the steering wheel........???

Also the original pic they had there of the red VXR, since changing it to a blue one, had a red coloured interior, if any of you can remember that one - what was the go with that ???

HSV should get their act together and set up the section on the VXR as well as the other cars in their line up - obviously they don't seem to care about it as much as their normal/standard V8 range or all these inconsistantcies we've found with the VXR wouldn't exist !

Geebs
9th January 2007, 05:03 PM
I just had another look at the configurator on the HSV site, the speedo is also the red Vauxhall one with the MPH. Aussie ones have the blue and white OPC dials.

What a mess.

Shaun
9th January 2007, 05:13 PM
I think you've got it right with the above Shaun.

What they should do, is have an option, as there are people out there who would prefer the wear n tear characteristics of that combination.

They also show an interior pic with the HSV badge on the steering wheel ??

It's about bloody time with that one, but I've yet to see it on any VXR's.

Also if you check out those pics of that car in carsales, they are all taken at the caryard in question, I don't think they're previous promotional shots.

Obviously then I think there must be different batches out there as Shaun has suggested.

I also wonder then, if other specs such as suspention settings and tune are the same between the 2 batches ??? :rolleyes:

I have a feeling this one is the Motorshow car though. Warith how far from your place is this car? If your close . go have a look at and open the bonnet. You will see that it has a VXR Badge on the cover is like those found on the rear of the car. I remember seeing this at the motorshow and in some pics posted last year in the VXR Thread when the show car was spotted @ the Dealership in either Perth or Adeliade.

Its the only one i have seen like this.

I know that they only Build 5000 a year as i said before. And that HSV Stock had to come out of that 5000. That was confirmed by my contacts in the UK.

Geebs
9th January 2007, 05:27 PM
I actually recon they are old pics and think you will find if you go to the dealer, any red VXR they have will have the full leather, Opel badge on the steering wheel and OPC dials.

If you look in the background, all the Comms are VY's.

Also, on all the specs for all the VXR's on carsales, it says 7 speaker stereo - WRONG, and MP3 compatible - WRONG. Also some seem to have both 18 and 19" rims!

Shaun
9th January 2007, 11:34 PM
I actually recon they are old pics and think you will find if you go to the dealer, any red VXR they have will have the full leather, Opel badge on the steering wheel and OPC dials.

If you look in the background, all the Comms are VY's.

Also, on all the specs for all the VXR's on carsales, it says 7 speaker stereo - WRONG, and MP3 compatible - WRONG. Also some seem to have both 18 and 19" rims!

If its the show car it could well be the a MP3 Compatable Unit. FFS would someone in melbounre go check it out.

Wraith
10th January 2007, 09:03 AM
I just had another look at the configurator on the HSV site, the speedo is also the red Vauxhall one with the MPH. Aussie ones have the blue and white OPC dials.

What a mess.

Yes, if your really keen on one of these and doing the research in preparation of possibly acquiring one, it is a mess..........

The 1st one I checked out in the flesh, a black one at Booran in Dandenong, actually had an 'mph' speedo in it !!!!

It also had the Opel flash steering wheel though - what a mix that one was ??

I'm beginning to really wonder if the state of tune and suspention set ups are the same on these or not ???

What makes matters worse, I've been to 2 different dealers and the HSV sales staff themselves don't know much about the car at all !!!! they were'nt even able to give me straight yes or no answers on stuff like available or not additional accessories......... :mad:

I think Mat is going to go over and check out that red one in the pic this weekend.

lampshade
10th January 2007, 10:20 AM
If it is a U.K spec' car brought over for a motorshow it will probably have the U.K suspension on it (not the same as Aus/OPC cars) and might V/well have the european stat and not the GM one as used in the southern hemisphere.

Red AH SRI T
10th January 2007, 01:55 PM
Also, on all the specs for all the VXR's on carsales, it says 7 speaker stereo - WRONG, and MP3 compatible - WRONG.

All AH Astra's have a 7 speaker stereo

rjastra
10th January 2007, 02:25 PM
If it is a U.K spec' car brought over for a motorshow it will probably have the U.K suspension on it

If it was the show car (and subsequent road test car!) would it be for sale through that channel? Another point is that it only has 20km on the clock. Looks like it is a new car.

Geebs
10th January 2007, 02:46 PM
All AH Astra's have a 7 speaker stereo

I thought they had 6 (well mine anyway). Splits at the front and the 2 in the sides in back. I should look better lol

SIMid
10th January 2007, 03:32 PM
I thought they had 6 (well mine anyway). Splits at the front and the 2 in the sides in back. I should look better lol

So where's the 7th?

Red AH SRI T
10th January 2007, 03:35 PM

Trust me, they all have 7 ;)

So where's the 7th?

Two in the Lower Front Doors, the two tweeters in the upper doors, the two in the rear and the one in the centre of the dash at the windscreen :D

Wraith
10th January 2007, 03:51 PM
They have a centre channel speaker in the dash - not bad.....

Would have great though if the 7th speaker was a sub somewhere in the rear, similar to the Mazda 3 :rolleyes:

Red AH SRI T
10th January 2007, 03:54 PM
or the suzuki liana :p

Geebs
10th January 2007, 05:39 PM
I always wondered what that 'thing' was in the centre of my dash! It looks kinda weird with that 'bump' on it hehehe

Red AH SRI T
11th January 2007, 05:47 PM
I always wondered what that 'thing' was in the centre of my dash! It looks kinda weird with that 'bump' on it hehehe

The Bump is the sun sensor for the climate control