PDA

View Full Version : well.....

Mainframe_Module
6th January 2007, 08:29 PM
after getting in over my head and being screwed around with trying to buy an astra ive decided to stick with my yaris for the timebeing, but im hoping that the corsa will make its way here sometime this year or next. if that happens i would seriously look at getting one

does anybody have any idea if holden are even considoring this? or is it a flat out no?
its so bloody stupid...i cant believe they have that hunk of ugly crap barina instead of the corsa. arhg.

Ishley
6th January 2007, 08:34 PM
You have the smae point of view as many people on this forum. Unfrotunately since Holden brought Daewoo, it was cheaper for them to import the Kalos and rebadge it the Barina.

The previous Barina, the XC, was a Corsa. Hopefully Holden come to their senses and re-import the Corsa as the Barina in years to come.

Mainframe_Module
6th January 2007, 08:38 PM
yeah my friend has the previous barina sourced from opel.

but yeah, i was reading somewhere that holden might have been considoring bringing the corsa over as well, and like badging it as the corsa, not a barina.
as a performance hot hatch or something, the new turbocharged one?.

and yeah i know its probably cheaper to import the korean ones but im sure they cant be selling as many barinas as toyota do yaris and hyundai do getz - which are both more expensive than the barina.

people WILL pay more for a better product, and i am sure as hell one of them.
gah. idiots.

EL BURITO
6th January 2007, 08:38 PM
plenty of posts complaining about it mate, and a fair amount of it from me, but its all about money and that it dosnt fit into Holdens currant line up as the price would be inline with the Viva rather than the Barina as the XC was sold as a loss. Holden belives they can make more sales witch may be true, and they are not just there to keep us (the ppl on opelaus) happy. Yes it would be nice if i could have a Corsa VXR but it is unlikely to happan. nice thought but unlikely.

Dave
6th January 2007, 09:14 PM
perhaps source a 2nd hand opel?