PDA

View Full Version : red sri @ fowles auctions melb

beep beep sri
5th January 2007, 02:37 PM
i was at fowles auctions on wednesday and noticed for the second time in 2 weeks a red barina sri 04 model with 16's up for auction and each time it was passed in! im unsure what the biding was like on this car but id be guessing itd be a cheap buy for anyone in melbourne. i myself purchased a BA xt wagon with just over 100000km on it. All up including 12 months rego 2 new tryes, road worthy cert, and puting it in my name it owes me $12700. not bad seeing as the yards are still asking $17990 drive away with the same sort of km. ive also see a couple of newer vectra's and astra's out there aswell.

Vectracious
5th January 2007, 03:27 PM
the auctions are good for prices, its just tricky buying a car you're not even allowed to test drive or even get it inspected. And those evaluations that the auction groups techies do are sometimes way off the mark..... Good and Fair tend to apply to almost any condition!!!

xplosv57
5th January 2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah bought my Commodore at auction and the description said Very Good, LOL what a joke, when i eventually got it home, the list of things needed to be fixed was ridiculous!!!

But its much easier to get a good car when theyre fairly new like a BA Falcon, most are ex fleet and can be had for dirt cheap when new models are released!!

beep beep sri
6th January 2007, 12:08 PM
yeah i would'nt buy anything with high km from there. but anything with good km and if you can get it cheep i say go for it. even something you test drive and pay more for may still have its faults so the money i saved at auction may still have to be spent on fixing something but atleast then ill know its a1 (i guess every car is a gamble damn things). well thats the way i looked at it especialy with something like the ba. i was realy interested in what the sri got to at auction but i guess ill never know