PDA

View Full Version : Car Accident!

NUTTTR
21st May 2004, 01:44 PM
Logging in from work :D
I still don't have any net access atmo :( Telstra is talking all the time in the world!
Anyway, someone ran into me last thursday night :( Doesn't look too bad, but total quote is $9,500 to repair!!! Whole engine has to come out and all aparantly.... The pics below have been lightened to make it easy to see them :) Good point about it, car is getting colour coded and tinted headlights as well :D

http://uploader.co.uk/images/carright.jpg
http://uploader.co.uk/images/farside.jpg
http://uploader.co.uk/images/frontcar.jpg
http://uploader.co.uk/images/sidefron.jpg

Jass
21st May 2004, 01:49 PM
Damn dude, it wasn't ure fault i guess? I would have beat the crap out of the other person if they hit me!

sunny
21st May 2004, 01:55 PM
hope u r okay

RK
21st May 2004, 01:56 PM
ouch man :(
that sucks. a lot!
my car has been rear ended twice now.

Anonymous
21st May 2004, 01:56 PM
thats weird damage, how did it happen?

GOZOFF
21st May 2004, 02:06 PM
Damm
No good mate how long will it take to get back on the road?

Anonymous
21st May 2004, 02:56 PM
Geez - $9500 to fix :shock:
Doesn't even look like the side panels are damaged...

I had similar looking damage to my Astra when I t-boned another car (he was at fault) - only cost $1450 to fix through insurance. Admittedly, my bonnet wasn't as buckled as yours looks, but it still had to be repaired and resprayed. Must have been a fair whack if the engine has to come out as well...hope it's all covered by insurance.

Feel sorry for you mate - I know the feeling. Hopefully you'll get the car back on the road soon.

Anonymous
21st May 2004, 03:07 PM
And the grill wasn't damaged!!!! that would've been one of the hardest to get replaced quickly.....

Rhino
21st May 2004, 03:19 PM
Looking at those wheels and the brake dust... doesn't look like you'd been giving it much of a flogging! :oops: Just hadn't been washed for a l-o-n-g time right :wink:

Yes, I know they dust up quick, but not THAT quick.

Bummer dude.

frankie9fingers
21st May 2004, 03:53 PM
bad luck mate :(

mixmelb
21st May 2004, 04:24 PM
Feel sorry to u mate!! Good luck with the repairs!!

Anonymous
21st May 2004, 05:24 PM
I literally have a tear in my eye!
Hope your ok buddy. The car will get fixed, and will return better then before.
Good luck!

NUTTTR
21st May 2004, 05:30 PM
Yes, they haven[t been washed in 3 wks, they get that black after about 2000k's... :) I was stopped at an intersection, the guy didn't see me when he pulled out of a parking spot and hit me.... Somehow it works out that it's my fault, so i'm disputing it :) Because i was stationary for 5secs or so it works out that i'm not, but i dunno, doesn't matter tho, all covered by insurance!!!
Yeah, but the guy hit my bumper and his bonnet hit my bonnet, that's why it's bent.. The sub frame has been moved at the front and bent the engine carrier, etc underneath, so may need to be put on a jig! lol, was only a low speed hit (less than 20k/h) and the airbags didn't go off, but he just hit me in the worst possible spot!!! Oh well, without a car for 5-6 weeks at least!!! Big job :( I just want my tinted headlights :D

Anonymous
21st May 2004, 06:01 PM
Sorry to Here Dude :)
Just make sure that when its Repaired, That The Bags Don't Engage after the Repair.
Its a Old Trick, Frontal Collisions and They wait till ya Start it and the Bags Deploy.
Then ya Not Covered under the same Claim.

FlySri
21st May 2004, 07:50 PM
Spew'n ! that's got to suck!!!

Marty
21st May 2004, 07:51 PM
Who is doing the repair work?

SmellyTofu
21st May 2004, 11:22 PM
Tough luck man... but who hit who is pretty easy to spot. Whoever leaves paint on the car is the car that got hit.. Generally the paint imprints itself on the object being compressed against so you should be wearing paint of that car. Don't wash it or anything but leave it as is.

And a tip.. always carry a camera around.. even if it is a cheap disposable one coz you never know where it comes in handy.

NUTTTR
22nd May 2004, 09:19 AM
The car's bag's didn't go off... It's been started, and driven about 20m... I wouldn't run it again, but it does run, and appeared to run fine!! (dispite the amount of water on the road!)
:)
Hopefully it just gets better from here!

anicorsa
22nd May 2004, 09:34 AM
Ouch man... Painful to see an opel like that... :cry:

Hope all goes well.. :)

slyone
22nd May 2004, 11:08 AM
Man oh man, Are you OK? How is the car? It been awhile?

George Costanza
22nd May 2004, 12:15 PM
Ahh man that sucks.

I swear some people dont watch where they're going.

I hope everything works out for ya.

mr_astra_retired
22nd May 2004, 01:41 PM
Oh man thats just $%&*$# , sorry to hear mate , hope yr ok and the beast is on the road soon.

My04SRi
22nd May 2004, 07:50 PM
i'd be cursing like no tommorow...&^$%^@%^#&&^%%$&, i was going nuts when this stone flew off from this semi-trailer and chipped my windscreen...