PDA

View Full Version : Helloooooo!

RiK
3rd January 2007, 11:21 AM
I just popped on here to have a look round as my mate (astragsi4x4) is leaving us for your sunnier climates so I thought I should check out what he has ahead of him! :D

Also I used to have a fair few aussie members on my old site so it would be rude of me not to return the favour.

I've got an Astra SRi-Turbo and have a fairly good knowledge of the Opel/Vauxhall cars, so who know's I may even come in handy at some point!

So Hiiiii! :dance:

CJB
3rd January 2007, 11:27 AM
hello and welcome :)

btm
3rd January 2007, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the site Rik :)

RiK
3rd January 2007, 01:19 PM
Cheers guys.

A couple of pics of my SRi-Turbo...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rik-uk/DSC00022.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rik-uk/DSC00013.jpg

btm
3rd January 2007, 01:26 PM
i thought you were going to have a carbon fibre bonnet by the look of your signature :confused:

OPC
3rd January 2007, 02:14 PM
welcome rik with a silent P ;)

nice engine bay work there... but i was wondering how come ur door protectors weren't color coded like ours ?

Mr T
3rd January 2007, 03:55 PM
welcome rik with a silent P ;)

nice engine bay work there... but i was wondering how come ur door protectors weren't color coded like ours ?

and different body kit too...

btm
3rd January 2007, 04:14 PM
front bar looks a bit HBDish

OPC
3rd January 2007, 04:31 PM
and different body kit too...

and no leather trim... actually looks like our 2.2 model

Mr T
3rd January 2007, 04:41 PM
Carbon Fibre B Pillars, Tinted Head lights.

Don't mean to pull your car apart mate, just a general assessment.

blueraven
3rd January 2007, 04:45 PM
i may be wrong...but the astra turbo had a few variants in the uk, unlike australia where is came with almost all options included (goddammit WHY no sunroof :( )..

the 'SRi' as far as i can tell was kind of the base model, with the 'GSi' being king and having all the options etc. At least i am pretty sure that how it worked..

That and i think the uk's SRi was supposedly only 190 hp vs the GSi's 200..but i'm not sure.

Nice underbonnet! :) shame the yellow gets so dirty so easy :(

Shaun
3rd January 2007, 09:55 PM
You right Blueraven.

SRi T over there isnt the same as our SRi T here. Our SRi T is the UK Eqivalent GSi Turbo Astra G.

Snow flake rims Were fitted to the GSi Turbo like those found on the OPC G.

oneightoo
3rd January 2007, 11:07 PM
welcome to the site dude..

RiK
4th January 2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

My model is the SRi-Turbo which was a ltd edition pre-release of 500 cars that were used to see if there would be enough demand for further turbo models. It was basically a standard SRi with a bodykit made by pro-drive (the subaru impreza rally people) and the bigger vauxhall rear spoiler and the Z20LET turbo engine. And it came with 5-spoke 17" wheels. Because this model proved popular they released the GSi which was later released as the SRi-Turbo for yourselves. The UK SRi Turbo was released as a 190bhp and the GSi as a 200bhp, but most SRi-T's produced about 198bhp when rolling roaded. Mine is running about 275bhp so that's not a problem anyway. :D

Oh yeah, And the car with the carbon bonnet in my Sig is my old N/A 2.0 SRi that I had before the turbo.

Any other questions just ask :)

OPC
4th January 2007, 10:59 AM
WHATS THE WEATHER LIKE ?

HAVE YOU HEARD THE SCORE IN THE CRICKET YET ?

sorry about the caps but you are far far away over there so i thought id better yell ;)

blueraven
4th January 2007, 01:10 PM
WHATS THE WEATHER LIKE ?

Its the uk, i put $10 on the fact its crappy and miserable weather :D

HAVE YOU HEARD THE SCORE IN THE CRICKET YET ?

hehehe plenty of poms in my office swearing and cursing for last few weeks :D

RiK
5th January 2007, 12:13 PM
Yes, the weather is crappy and miserable. But what's new. :(

As for the cricket, sorry but I couldn't care less, definately not a cricket fan. Sorry. :s

Sammeh
5th January 2007, 03:20 PM
Hey RiK.. I knew that I'd get people over from Astra SRI eventually :P

Still cant believe he is leaving the Uk for Frankston of all places!! lol