PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a newbie - bought my first Barina SRI!

astrokidd
1st January 2007, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone, cool forum. My names Jon and im an alcoho.. i mean ive just bought my very first Barina SRI *yay*. Its a 2005 model (MY05), silver and done just over 12,000Km. Ive only had Japanese cars but after reading the posts/reviews and test driving the car I ended up loving it and buying it! I bought it for $18000 drive away from a Holden dealership and got some fitted floor mats, 12 months rego and tint included. Hmm not sure if it was a fair price or not as ive never had a Barina SRI before and was the best price I could get it down to :p

The dealership originally advertised it for $22900 + on roads but dropped the price down to $20990 + on roads for the 'end of year sale'. Do you reckon i got it at a fair price or was i ripped?

Well just saying a quick hello and introducing myself :)

ps - its probably been asked so many times but the opel badging looks hot, where can i buy one from? are they easy to install?

Oh and pps - i hate car salesmen!

MatsHolden
2nd January 2007, 12:02 AM
Welcome mate. That's a pretty good price. With Opel badging, the rear is easy but the front is a little more involved as you need a new grille to do it properly.

ope126
2nd January 2007, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the site mate...
The price you got your SRi for was a good one!!! :D

btm
2nd January 2007, 08:59 AM
Greetings Jon!

Welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase :)

pred8r
2nd January 2007, 09:54 AM
Congratulations :D

You'll love it (and if you need/want to, you can reverse the indicator/wiper stalks)

Tfer
2nd January 2007, 10:07 AM
Greetings Jon, enjoy your time here at Opelaus..... seems like a fair price for the SRi ;)

Have a read on the forum re: badging... lots of helpful info here :D

EL BURITO
2nd January 2007, 07:53 PM
hey Jon were u at in Perth, i am near Joondalup. Prices sounds right for redbook. wat dealership did u get it from?

astrokidd
2nd January 2007, 10:33 PM
hey el burito,

im in ellenbrook, not far from joondalup. i got the car at phoenix holden. the guy was rude as and wasnt very interested. i told him that i wouldnt pay any more than $18000 drive away for it and he just laughed and said that theres no way in hell that i would get the car for that price and not to waste his time.

I told him to put the offer in and he reluctantly did it. The sales manager came back with the offer of $19500 + on roads, i said no and walked off. Half way to my car he called me back and said how bout $19000 drive away, i said no and continued to walk away. He then yelled out and said ok to the $18k that i asked for plus the extras thrown in :) Guess they must have been desperate to meet their yearly targets. Ah well worked out well for me in the end lol

PaulyJ
3rd January 2007, 01:16 AM
Welcome OA, and congrats on the purchase.

EL BURITO
3rd January 2007, 06:40 PM
funny that would be the exact car i was looking at then and they refused that price when i offered it

astrokidd
3rd January 2007, 07:10 PM
ooer really? when did you make the offer?

EL BURITO
4th January 2007, 01:48 AM
beginning of novemeber i think

blueraven
4th January 2007, 03:38 PM
that sounds about right, if a dealer gets more than a few offers at the same price and refuses them, they will realise that is all that people are willing to pay for the car. (think of if you were selling something that depreciates..the longer you wait to sel it, you have to become more flexible with the price).

so if you offered them 18k, and perhaps another person or two offered them similar and they still refused, the sales manager might have just accepted that the wont get any more from it and told the rep to offload it...

EL BURITO
4th January 2007, 08:19 PM
Still a little anoyed, guess Phoenix isnt getting any more buissness off me.

astrokidd
5th January 2007, 12:00 AM
yeh they werent the best to deal with. Arrogant and disinterested to describe them at best. How much did you offer el burito? When i bought my Honda they were so nice to deal with eg, when asking them to return my call...they actually did! Plus the sales manager came out and introduced himself after signing the deal, chatting etc. Unlike Phoenix holden... all very rude, plus ive been trying to get in contact with the guy who sold me the car for the last couple of days to find out when i can collect it and he hasnt returned any of my calls, very unprofessional. Its the last time ill deal with that dealership too.

dug74
5th January 2007, 01:43 AM
Nice price for an 05 Sri Corsa....

Will look better once you opelize...

Welcome to OA.

EL BURITO
5th January 2007, 04:37 PM
If u need the warranty work done i know its a bit of a drive but the guys at Clarkson are really good and friendly.

astrokidd
18th January 2007, 10:26 PM
well i just collected my car from the dealers....yippppeee! but few things that p*ssed me a little.

1. the scratches on the car wasnt touched up properly and the dealer refused to respray.
2. car wasnt detailed nicely either and dealer said it was professionally detailed, washed., only half the car was polished inside, was hair on the seats.
3. my plates were drilled on crooked and off centre (to the left of centre)
4. from the time i bought the car and signed the paper work the car did an extra 250km's. dad works for mercedes and said it shouldnt do more than 50kms. we questioned the dealer and he said it was normal.

This was the secoond time i tried to collect the car as nothing was done the first time round and on the second attempt, again it wasnt done right so i thought f*ck it I couldnt be bothered anymore and just took the car. Apart from that the car is awesome :)

If you see a silver Sri barina on perth roads with crooked, off centre plates and astroboy on the back window its me :P

Noir
18th January 2007, 10:40 PM
Welcome to Opelaus. Be sure to come along on a Perth cruise sometime.

EL BURITO
18th January 2007, 11:08 PM
Welcome to Opelaus. Be sure to come along on a Perth cruise sometime.
i really should organise another one of those soon.

Jess87
19th January 2007, 10:50 PM
Its the last time ill deal with that dealership too.

geez, u had a bit of a rough time there hey??

i got my car from shacks holden in freo and they were pretty good - dad n i just walked in and said yep, we'll have that one... the next week we traded cars and that was it...

ill now go there for services and any probs, its a hell of a treck down there for me - but hey i trust them with my pride and joy - after all u gotta keep the peace if u want to buy another new car later on...

Noir
20th January 2007, 08:23 PM
i really should organise another one of those soon.

Yep. I am tied up until March! How about a hills run this time? Good chance for the newer members to catch up and maybe this time we can stop at the Kalamunda Hotel for a drink ;)

EL BURITO
20th January 2007, 08:30 PM
i think i might be able to find/create a map that includes that.

Noir
21st January 2007, 01:33 PM
i think i might be able to find/create a map that includes that.

ahh yes the Mundaring Weir Road :D

Lets see these extractors fly.

EL BURITO
21st January 2007, 03:07 PM
ahh yes the Mundaring Weir Road :D

Lets see these extractors fly.
sounds like fun just got to get your car working again

spyman
21st January 2007, 03:24 PM
G'day astrokidd

Welcome to u
Great little car handles like no other car of its class