PDA

View Full Version : Vectra CDXi must be the best used car value for money around

01CDsedan
1st January 2007, 12:20 PM
I've been down on the ZC Vectra in the past, but was just having a play around Carsales and the CDXi has got to be the best value for money getting around in the used car market at the moment.

$25-30k - and probably less once you start haggling - seems to buy you an 04 or 05 model, with less than 50k on the clock in most cases, including things like ESP and curtain airbags that most new cars don't even have yet, along with the excellent V6 and solid Euro build.

That's gotta be hard to beat for value.

ope126
1st January 2007, 01:23 PM
Yep, Yep!!!

pred8r
1st January 2007, 02:03 PM
and you get the blacked out headlights from the OPC (or was it SRi) version

A nice silver 3.2lt manual MMMMmmm

Anyone got these figures;

Consumption=
0-100km/h=
400m=
Top speed = Who cares it does 100km/h

stevedee3
1st January 2007, 05:34 PM
and you get the blacked out headlights from the OPC (or was it SRi) versionThe Opel version is the GTS. The Vauxhall is the GSi or SRi, can't remember

Anyone got these figures;

Consumption=
0-100km/h=
400m=
Top speed = Who cares it does 100km/h
Consumption: Manual CDXi=9.9 l/100km (I've never been close to this), Auto CDXi=10.5 l/100km
Acceleration 0-100km/h=around 7.8s depends what you read, 0-400m=never seen this quoted anywhere
Top speed: Manual=248 km/h, Auto=246 km/h

Some interesting comments about the acceleration and top speed on a Vectra here (http://forum.vectra-c.com/showpost.php?p=132242&postcount=32).

Tfer
1st January 2007, 05:42 PM
I've been down on the ZC Vectra in the past, but was just having a play around Carsales and the CDXi has got to be the best value for money getting around in the used car market at the moment.

$25-30k - and probably less once you start haggling - seems to buy you an 04 or 05 model, with less than 50k on the clock in most cases, including things like ESP and curtain airbags that most new cars don't even have yet, along with the excellent V6 and solid Euro build.

That's gotta be hard to beat for value.

Certainly is great value, and the manualy Veccy CDXI is just brilliant to drive.... just remember you have Euro cost services to go with it, but a great buy. Have not regretted owning my Veccy :dance:

Greggy
4th January 2007, 12:56 AM
The Opel version is the GTS. The Vauxhall is the GSi or SRi, can't remember

Vauxhall do the GSi in the 3.2 v6 form - and what a corker that is !!!
the SRi is in various forms in the UK - ranging from the 1.8vvt engine up to the 2.2 Direct......And the diesels in between ;)

could always try the 3.0 CDTi V6 Oil burner - now THATS a monster - all that torque would pull ya face off :D :eek:

gadget
5th January 2007, 11:05 AM
I have no idea how they work out the consumption, 10.5l/100k for the auto, mine I get 8.5l/100k and when it's due for a service I getaround nine.

sitting on 90km/hr it sits on about 6l/100k

for a v6 I think this is a very efficient machine