PDA

View Full Version : Wideband A/F Gauge: Yes or No.

Turblue
27th December 2006, 04:36 PM
I am thinking about this (http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/103_107/products_id/357). It is a wideband A/F gauge that will accurately measure the air fuel ratio.

Great way to fine tune the ECU.

Cost is about $380 landed.

http://www.bmotorsports.com/images/products/o2/afx_product.jpg

beau
27th December 2006, 04:42 PM
yeah i guess it would hurt.

the new maps have had there air/fuel tested but its a good idea to get one to maybe fine tune it.

vectraguy01
27th December 2006, 05:14 PM
i vote yes, as then u would have a accurate reading of it, i think its a great idea

SSS_Hoon
27th December 2006, 05:16 PM
i too am getting a wideband for my car but not that one.

they are a very good idea to have one and my car with the lean mixture i run in it and the 222000k on the clock i need to watch it.

although i have not ordered one yet xmas house and wedding comes first, so actually its more a thought then actually getting one.

i think jaycar do one in kit form wayne?

SSS_Hoon

mr_sikma
27th December 2006, 08:40 PM
i am getting the autometer one ;)

blueraven
27th December 2006, 09:42 PM
i have the autometer one and we wired it in last night according the instructions....and no joy..will have to get a pro sparky to look at it (although my freind who wired it in said it was one of two wire we found, and he thinks we must have just read the diagram wrong at the time...)

thing is, you can have the most accurate gauge on the planet...doesnt mean much if it doesnt have a good wideband sensor :(

this one looks pretty good...especially if it comes woth a good wideband sensor.

SSS_Hoon
27th December 2006, 10:23 PM
got a link to the autometer one?

do you realise you cannot put a wideband sensor on a narrowband guage?

SSS_Hoon

Turblue
6th January 2007, 12:35 PM
Well, my wideband A/F gauge is on my desk. Had a brief play with it.

The unit has nice big numbers, which makes it easy to read. Also, it has a 4 metre lead to the sensor which means I can use it on other cars. I am tracking the exhaust clamp which should be here Tuesday.

Now I can check the A/F ratios on customer's cars. Then they can be safe in the knowledge all is ok with the fueling.

pred8r
6th January 2007, 12:43 PM
Can they be used for diesel?

SSS_Hoon
7th January 2007, 12:40 PM
which one did u end up getting wayne?

SSS_Hoon

Turblue
7th January 2007, 12:59 PM
The one I showed in an earlier post. NGK Powerdex (http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/103_107/products_id/357).

If you can imagine the storage space under the heater dials on the Astra, this unit fits perfectly. Full height, half width.

which one did u end up getting wayne?

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
8th January 2007, 10:10 AM
I think it's an individual decision based on whether or not you actually need and are going to get usage from such a device.

In your case Wayne, I think definitely yes, as you are interested in fine tuning and you can also then provide a service for others as part of your H.O.T. business :)

I'll be an eager customer when/if I do further mods to my car :)