PDA

View Full Version : Hi there, just ordered my CDTi

moke007
26th December 2006, 07:23 PM
Hi Guys,

Great site, I have been reading with interest all the past posts. I have ordered a CDTi manual, should arrive in the next couple of weeks after they find one.

Has anyone noticed the latest CDTi's are coming with 10 spoke rims instead of the twin 7 spoke rims. There are still heaps of the 7 spokes in the dealerships but they look like a pain in the arse to clean. I have requested the newer rims.

Also could anyone tell me if the "sport" button increases power and torque like the euro models or does it just modify how the accelerator pedal works, ie. gives more acceleration for less push (did that make sense). The sales guys really didn't know much about the car at all... :-(

cheers
Jim

dieselhead
26th December 2006, 11:10 PM
welcome to Opelaus Jim!
great car choice! the DTi is the best kept secret in the hot hatch world!
the sport button does not alter performance unfortunately... in Europe some tuners have done a remap that is active only with the sport button on. when pressed, power goes up to 140kW and torque as high as 380Nm. great stuff. i might ask the guys from www.powerchip.com.au (http://www.powerchip.com.au) if that can be done in Oz.

my black manuat DTi is due mid January, too. not a big fan of multispoke wheels, that's why mine comes with the 5 spoke 18" :D

EL BURITO
26th December 2006, 11:14 PM
hi.
think about getting your self a tunning box, gives u a bit more oomph.

wat state u in by the way ?

dieselhead
26th December 2006, 11:21 PM
i'm in SA.
still investigating what's better, box or remap... there are pros and cons both ways. i see that the remap would give me 368Nm, the box is not much more than that. i won't be bothered about the kW figures, that's for V8 rednecks :D

MatsHolden
26th December 2006, 11:40 PM
that's for V8 rednecks :D

mmmm V8.... Welcome mate.

moke007
27th December 2006, 06:57 AM
18" wheels sound really nice. Ours is just going to look like just another astra, but I sort of like that... (poor mans reasoning)

I have to admit I bought the Astra for boring reasons, it wasn't till after I ordered it that I found out it was a real performer. I didn't even give it a thashing on the test drive :-( I have already had sveral Astra's and liked the idea of the diesel.

My wife's barina needed an update and it came down to an Astra (I had $3000 GM rebate to use before 1 Feb) or a Honda Civic. We like both cars and the Astra was $7000 dearer ($4000 after GM rebate) and I basicly told the Holden dealer we were going to buy the CIvic unless they would drop there price.... and they did and we bought it. They obviously had a bit of markup already in the car....

We have ordered Moonshine (dark grey), mats, extra tint, towbar etc... I am still suprised Holden don't promote them more.

I am near Newcastle NSW. Any others around newy?

btm
27th December 2006, 09:29 AM
Welcome Jim

Congrats on the purchase :)

Turblue
27th December 2006, 10:01 AM
welcome to Opelaus ... in Europe some tuners have done a remap that is active only with the sport button on. when pressed, power goes up to 140kW and torque as high as 380Nm. great stuff. i might ask the guys from www.powerchip.com.au (http://www.powerchip.com.au) if that can be done in Oz.

Be careful with remaps for the diesel Astra. The information I have indicates that reflashing through the normal diag port is unreliable and can wipe the ECU. From what I have been told, the only safe and reliable way is to open the ECU and program through the debug port.

CJB
27th December 2006, 12:04 PM
Welcome man.

I like the CDTi's... nice buy there. :)

PaulyJ
29th December 2006, 09:53 AM
Welcome to OpelAus
Congrats on the CDTi. Awesome car for what they are. No-one knows the true potential of them.