PDA

View Full Version : Walkinshaw Performance Custom E-Series GTS

MatsHolden
23rd December 2006, 12:17 PM
Walkinshaw performance have done a custom E-Series GTS. Re-sprayed in Verde Ithaca (Lamborghini Green) and a custom interio to match. The 6.0L LS2 Gen4 pumps out over 370kw and 700Nm, thanks to a supercharger with water to air intercooler running at 7psi and a Walkinshaw Performance exhuast system. The green really suits the GTS.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/WalkinshawGTS2.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/WalkinshawGTS1.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/WalkinshawGTS3.jpg

Images found at Walkinshaw Performance Website.

DirtyHarry
23rd December 2006, 01:09 PM
i still think the gts is a hideous looking car. mainly because of the rear lights and those stupid overly sized air vents on the side guards and also the front bar with the plastic looking bits.

Tfer
23rd December 2006, 01:17 PM
Probably one of the most hideous looking things I have ever seen. :eek:

Why cannot they make the exterior (and interior for that matter) subtle, and let the engine do all the talking?

My opinion, and I am sure many would disagree *respect* :rolleyes:

Apex
23rd December 2006, 01:35 PM
i still think the gts is a hideous looking car. mainly because of the rear lights and those stupid overly sized air vents on the side guards and also the front bar with the plastic looking bits.

2nd that. They could have saved a shat load in development costs and just stuck SS-V tail lamps.

I like that green though, very cool.

Shaun
23rd December 2006, 04:26 PM
I think the HSV E Series Tail Lamps look great. Finally a HSV That looks different to the commodore. means no more putting a HSV Kit on a SS or V6 Stocker.
About time

EL BURITO
23rd December 2006, 07:45 PM
I think the HSV E Series Tail Lamps look great. Finally a HSV That looks different to the commodore. means no more putting a HSV Kit on a SS or V6 Stocker.
About time
then leaving the executive badge on the back and the V6 badge on the sides

EL BURITO
23rd December 2006, 07:45 PM
i like the colour thou,

xplosv57
23rd December 2006, 10:48 PM
I love the performance specs, but that colour is simply terrible!!! Ford pulled it off with the BA XRs, dont know if the VE can do the same with that green!!!

Now black with a red leather interior would look a hell of alot better and also makes the rear lights look like 2 circles as the rest of the light blends into the black paintwork!!!!

PS: I cant stand those V6 exec with fake kits, makes me sick!! Some idiot asked my mate with an original VX HSV where he got his bodykit from, bloody fake kits ruining original cars reputation!!!!

MatsHolden
24th December 2006, 12:02 AM
Probably one of the most hideous looking things I have ever seen. :eek:

Why cannot they make the exterior (and interior for that matter) subtle, and let the engine do all the talking?

My opinion, and I am sure many would disagree *respect* :rolleyes:

Aggressive bodykits are HSV. HSV needed to go all out with the E-Series due to the SS being so 'HSV' looking.

MatsHolden
24th December 2006, 12:03 AM
I love the performance specs, but that colour is simply terrible!!! Ford pulled it off with the BA XRs, dont know if the VE can do the same with that green!!!

I actually like this colour and can't stand the Ford bright fluroescent green. lol Not usually one for green coloured cars, but I do like this one. Although the matching interior i'm not a fan of.

MatsHolden
24th December 2006, 12:09 AM
mainly because of the rear lights

The rear tail lights are the only thing that i'm still uncertain on. Yeh it's great to see something different to the 'standard' VE Commodore but they could have done it differently. The tail lights definately need a little more refinement as they look slightly out of proportion... think about it, Holden designers designed the rear tail lights for a purpose, when you start to mess with the original design, it has to be an extremely good alternative to the original design intent. You will think the tail lights are even more rediculous when I tell you how much it cost them to relocate them... a cool $3 million.

tim_
24th December 2006, 12:18 AM
when i first say the e series hsv, i was a bit unsure about the lights, but agree that they look a lot better on a silver or black car. i love the bodywork on the HSVs, i reckon the front bar is wicked as.

stevedee3
24th December 2006, 12:38 AM
Why cannot they make the exterior (and interior for that matter) subtle, and let the engine do all the talking?I guess that's what the Senator is for...

digifish
24th December 2006, 08:35 AM
Wow those are seriously large front brake rotors...probably overkill, but who'se complaining :)

digifish

xplosv57
24th December 2006, 04:25 PM
Wow those are seriously large front brake rotors...probably overkill, but who'se complaining :)

digifish

Umm most probably needed to stop a 370kW, close to 2 tonne car!!!!

With the rear lights, i think maybe for a Series 2 update, keep the LED circular lights but colour code the rest of the light so all u see are the LEDs, just an idea, thats why these ligths look hot on a black HSV!!!

Sorry Mat i have to disagree, close mate of mine has a Citric Acid XR6T, and as much as i hate Fords, its a hot looking car, i don't think the Walkinshaw HSV pulls it off!!! The HSV looks alot more aggresive, therefore i reckon a strong red or orange colour would suit it better!!!

But then again, all to their own!!!

MatsHolden
24th December 2006, 10:31 PM
But then again, all to their own!!!

That's it.

cyclonic
25th December 2006, 10:40 AM
Lurve it myself..

pred8r
25th December 2006, 09:02 PM
i still think the gts is a hideous looking car. mainly because of the rear lights

I agree, was driving the other day and saw a WRX or last shape MR2, it had aftermarkets that looked VERY similar. It looked like GM raided their parts bin.

I'd seen them long before the VE was released too.

DirtyHarry
26th December 2006, 01:27 AM
i think the caprice is the best looking car out of the whole range.
the hsv i would rate at the bottom.

Red AH SRI T
26th December 2006, 08:32 AM
at least its better looking than that Pink TS Astra Convertible with gold wheels

nadg63
26th December 2006, 11:04 AM
At the end of the day no matter what they've done to it, it's still a ****e-box commodore!

MatsHolden
26th December 2006, 07:59 PM
At the end of the day no matter what they've done to it, it's still a ****e-box commodore!

Yeh coz the VE is a real **** box... :rolleyes:

btm
27th December 2006, 10:02 AM
Awesome, love it, i want it

maloo97
27th December 2006, 10:29 AM
I Just Want One!

Wraith
12th January 2007, 11:36 AM
As I've said before, I love the VE series basic Commodore or HSV's.

Bring on the 2 door, it'll be and look AWESOME :)

About that green colour, also not my taste, each to their own :rolleyes:

About the 370kw and 700nm oh yeah :D

To all the doubters, don't knock it until you've driven or been in one, I reckon handling/stopping will be just fine if not excellent.

And to all the VE Commodore doubters, this car really is a leap forward in every respect compared to previous ones, if you looked deeply into all of the technicalities of the car, you'll discover there isn't that much less your getting compared to top Euro marks and you get it at a fraction of the cost !!!

It truly is a world class car :)

ZC_74
12th January 2007, 11:57 AM
As I have said on another post, I love these things. I think that finally HSV has a car that doesn't need a second glance for you to know that it is a HSV. The VZ, IMO, weren't that much advanced from their holden siblings. Now it's easy to tell straight up.

My only gripe. The tail. I love the front, front quarters and then you get to the tail, and you are sort of left wondering. I like the tail lights (probably too much moeny spent on development) but to me it seems they spent 90% of the design budget on the front 9/10 of the car.

I'd still buy one ;)