PDA

View Full Version : Interesting picture used to sell a GT-R

Lt Ketch
21st December 2006, 02:03 PM
Dont think i've come across a pic like this on a car ad before!

http://www.drive.com.au/used/search/detail.aspx?id=3196422

PaulyJ
21st December 2006, 02:10 PM
i've seen that in a mag before

Lt Ketch
21st December 2006, 02:17 PM
so they stole it!

Wattie
21st December 2006, 04:56 PM
you think someone would spend all that money on a car doing all that stuff and all that power has never spun the wheels??

think of how people drive hyundai excels... and they have stock boxes and stock clutches...

at least this one will have some strength :D

or just look and think.... hmmm how much money will i spend on that car??

OPC
21st December 2006, 05:48 PM
he must have a setup to run RWD and AWD

WLD-18L
21st December 2006, 06:00 PM
GT-R skylines are all AWD but its an electronic setup. all you have to do is install a switch so you can chage from AWD to RWD ;)

OPC
21st December 2006, 06:45 PM
GT-R skylines are all AWD but its an electronic setup. all you have to do is install a switch so you can chage from AWD to RWD ;)

just like rigoli with his rex

SSS_Hoon
21st December 2006, 06:47 PM

really thats funny, thought that it was a hydrolic setup not electric mmm funny that.

or he could of just taken out the front diff and axels.

SSS_Hoon

low astra
21st December 2006, 08:29 PM
yeh skylines have a torque splitter i believe, just a electronic distrubion device, i think there is a company called prodrive that build these sorts of set ups

CAL.16V
21st December 2006, 08:40 PM
only the r32's allow a switch to be put in place to switch from 4xd to rwd .. the others are more complicated

SSS_Hoon
21st December 2006, 08:59 PM
yeah that is y the r32 is the best of them too in all departments as far as im concerned(prolly a bit biased though as my dad works on 2 race versions though)

they got rid of the crappy setup that comes with them though and made it permanatly 4wd but got rid of the 4ws they have its crap.

SSS_Hoon

WLD-18L
21st December 2006, 09:20 PM
really thats funny, thought that it was a hydrolic setup not electric mmm funny that.

or he could of just taken out the front diff and axels.

SSS_Hoon

One of my mates had an R32 GTS Turbo which was worked up pretty hard. he got a sponsership off peninsula customs and the tyre factory to drift his car.

He just updated to a R32 GTR and installed the switch, so he can swap between AWD and RWD. bit hard drifting in an AWD

oh yea anyone herd of brasciani racing. they are re-building his engine. once its all done itl be a straingt 6 DOHC 30psi ! blowing monster

SSS_Hoon
21st December 2006, 09:27 PM
sweet my dads cars run in the IPRA racing in improved production over 2L, this year they ran a n/a starlet in the under 2l class and won every race and hold the lap record for every track in it too whoo hoo.

yeah a bit hard too drift in AWD but can be done. 30psi for a drift car damm what turo he running in it to be able to make and hold 30psi in the rev range where a drift car needs it?

with theres they have the wastegates welded shut so they are running what ever boost the turbo will make.

SSS_Hoon

WLD-18L
21st December 2006, 09:31 PM
sweet my dads cars run in the IPRA racing in improved production over 2L, this year they ran a n/a starlet in the under 2l class and won every race and hold the lap record for every track in it too whoo hoo.

yeah a bit hard too drift in AWD but can be done. 30psi for a drift car damm what turo he running in it to be able to make and hold 30psi in the rev range where a drift car needs it?

with theres they have the wastegates welded shut so they are running what ever boost the turbo will make.

SSS_Hoon

its gonna be a massive garret T44 or somthing i think ?

yea, he aint that serious on the drifting. as the car is also his daily driver. cant be fangin it round tracks every weekend. he wants it to last.

once it comes on boost its gonna be ****ed !

Corsa
21st December 2006, 11:27 PM
The standard GTR's run as RWD cars until the rears slip and then the electronic setup engages the front wheels. These can have a switch installed or just a fuse removed to prvent the fronts from being engaged. The V-Spec GTR's run the hydraulic setup and need mods to the hydraulics to prevent the front wheels from being driven.
GTR's are not AWD vehicles as in normal driving there is 0% drive to the fronts. This makes them a 4WD with a much more fancy way (called ATTESA also used on the turbo 4WD Bluebird and Prince GTi-R and much later Pathfinder) of engaging the fronts than the off road 4WD's have.
Corsa

WLD-18L
22nd December 2006, 07:51 AM
thankyou for clearing that up

mackeysam
24th December 2006, 12:28 AM

i wish i could do that to my suby:( i loose 40kw through the awd system :(

xplosv57
24th December 2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah i doubt a 1000hp car has never spun the wheels, might as well be honest from the get go, at least its strong enough to do that, unlike a commodore or an excel which after a few, gearbox goes BOOM (yes ive done both before :P)

Also Corsa is right on the money, the V-Specs have a hydraulic system, i wouldn't even bother trying to make it RWD, the AWD system is fantastic!! Better option, buy a lesser spec RWD Skyline or 180SX and put the RB26 in it!!!!

Or go all out and put an RB26 in a Mustang like in Tokyo Drift, f***ing ****heads!!!!! Im still not over it!!!

SSS_Hoon
25th December 2006, 05:09 PM
or you could just lock it 4wd all the time not that ahrd really.

in a mustang i know i know my dad is thinking about doing something similar as in putting a N1 Spec RB26DETT in his XE falcon ute....

SSS_Hoon

oneightoo
25th December 2006, 05:11 PM
theres a bloke on the calibra forum with an sr20t in his calibra..