PDA

View Full Version : When alls done and dusted.....

woody
20th December 2006, 01:44 PM
...I got what i deserved.

So many of you will remember me posting back in August about being caught speeding down Ryde road, well yesterday we went to court for the hearing.

The upshot of it is that i got 1 year ban and a $2000 fine.

I'm not pissed about that but what does annoy me is the inconsistency with wich our supposed judicial system deal out its punishments.. for example;

Some of you may have read about the P plater who was cought doing 170 + on the pacific highway.. his punishment; 1500 dollar fine and 6 month ban.

Another one.. ok another P plater, this time caught doing 120 through a school zone at 3:45 in the afternoon - his penalty 6 month ban and 1583 dollar fine.

Another one? fine, full licensed driver caught street racing at 120 kmph in a 50 zone - 1800 dollar fine and 8 months.

my crime... 145 in a 70 at 12:30 am, clear dry night with no other cars on the road.

Now don't get me wrong i deserved a penalty but what i can't understand is why the hell i get hammered more than a p plater in a 70 zone doing more than 100 over the limit..

anyway i've already served 4 months so only another 8 to go...

maybe i'll detail my car in the meantime... put in a new sub... pull off each of the wheels and clean all that damn brake dust off em... whatever i do .. i got plenty of time!! :)

btm
20th December 2006, 01:47 PM
at least its all finalised now and you can get on with things

you can come help me opelise my steering wheel if you like (been so damn lazy with that!!)

woody
20th December 2006, 01:49 PM
at least its all finalised now and you can get on with things

you can come help me opelise my steering wheel if you like (been so damn lazy with that!!)

You lazy buttmuncher - i can't believe you haven't done that yet.. drive your car over to my place and we'llget it sorted!!

EL BURITO
20th December 2006, 01:51 PM
well the lenth of the ban sucks. just seems odd be i guess it is different judges imposing the sentences

PaulyJ
20th December 2006, 01:58 PM
Thats harsh mate.
I know how you feel. Mine wasn't as bad tho, but trust me, before you know it, you'll be on the road again.

Lt Ketch
20th December 2006, 02:38 PM
By the end of your time your car should be sooooo polished and shiny we'll all be envious!

Wraith
20th December 2006, 03:14 PM
Man, bad luck there - that's a hard one.

I'm feeling terrible just thinking about that.........1 year off the road and $2000 bucks down the drain - OUCH big time :mad:

Hope you end up coping well for the next 8 months, you'll have plenty of spare time up your sleeve - start mega posting :)

SSS_Hoon
20th December 2006, 03:37 PM
by the end of the ban your car will need a new paint job, as it will have been polished that much.

i agree the bans are whack.

my bro got 6 months ban for not paying a 2** odd dollar fine now how stupid is that. the original fine was for not showing p plates stupid i know.

SSS_Hoon

woody
20th December 2006, 03:54 PM
Man, bad luck there - that's a hard one.

I'm feeling terrible just thinking about that.........1 year off the road and $2000 bucks down the drain - OUCH big time :mad:

Hope you end up coping well for the next 8 months, you'll have plenty of spare time up your sleeve - start mega posting :)

I'm not so upset about the 2000 fine - its the 4500 i had to pay my solicitor thats annoying me..!

btm
20th December 2006, 03:56 PM
all that money to them, and they didn't really get you any better off... damn... now that sucks!

woody
20th December 2006, 04:05 PM
actaully mate they got it reduced from driving spped dnagerous to eceed 45.

DSD is a standard 3 year suspension and they recokn a 2-3 grand fine

Wraith
20th December 2006, 04:45 PM
So Woody may I ask, if I read all the above correctly, you've forked out 6500 bucks over all of this ??? Oh No, think of all the mods you could've spent that on....

I see your point 1 year off the road is tough, 3 years my God, can't even think about that one, gee wiz that's tough :eek:

And yes I'd be spitting blood too if in the same boat.

pred8r
20th December 2006, 09:16 PM
Now don't get me wrong i deserved a penalty but what i can't understand is why the hell i get hammered more than a p plater in a 70 zone doing more than 100 over the limit.

Apart from having a Magistrate that doesnt like speeders, I can only think of the 'you should have known better' line seeing that you are not on P's

Still sucks though.

MatsHolden
20th December 2006, 09:48 PM
Penalties seem to be a lot tougher than in Victoria. Also what's stupid is I got a ticket the other day for 4 km/h over and costs me $134. A mate of mine got done for 40 over and only recieves a $240 odd fine. So 36km/h more and only another $100, it is a joke. Just goes to show the revenue raising in place... they know that the minor speed infringements make up the most of them so they get the most money out of them.

btm
21st December 2006, 08:51 AM
So Woody may I ask, if I read all the above correctly, you've forked out 6500 bucks over all of this ??? Oh No, think of all the mods you could've spent that on....
I'm sure that makes woody feel heaps better...

ROCCO
21st December 2006, 01:25 PM
I know i'm going to be bitch slapped with words for saying this but...if you weren't speeding in the first place you wouldn't have gotten the fine :-)

Red AH SRI T
21st December 2006, 01:42 PM
By the end of your time your car should be sooooo polished and shiny we'll all be envious!

either that or there will be no car left cause he will have polished it away

CJB
21st December 2006, 03:45 PM
Couldn't even get a day licence?

I am very sorry to hear Woody. :(

Clint
26th December 2006, 10:01 PM
i was 'caught' doing 39 over in a 60 zone, sounds lucky compared to u, 12 month probation and $300 fine.

reason i say 'caught' i was not speeding, i was on a sharp twisty road where there is no direct line of sight ahead, and the police used a radar machine that was at the time recalled due to inaccuracy, and they were getting my speed while they were around a corner witht he radar going thru trees and shrubs... i know how u feel, it annoys me how you cant fight the police! they showed me the speed i was doing on the radar on their dash.. there is only one radar machine looks anything remotely like it and that radar was at the time recalled due to inaccuracy and deemed illegal by cops to use, but when u ask to se any records, see the police cars, ask what machine, anything at all they will not answer any q's unless i take it to court, and if i lose i am up for my own plus the police's court costs!