PDA

View Full Version : Gday Ozzy Opel Nuts

mikmak
19th December 2006, 02:20 AM
Hi all,
Just found the link to this forum via wikipedia. Haven't had a chance to look around yet, but I love my stock boring @$$ JSII GL sedan. 5M of course. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

More info on me:
I like to slap my car around but with due respect.
I live on the Sunshine Coast.
I don't know jack diddly about practical car maintenance, but aim to learn alot.

Here is my poor abused beyatch! My daily commuter, we occasionally do upto 1350k/week but usually around 750. In the last 12 months we have donated $450 to Peter Beatties christmas party:mad: (and no, the wheels aren't always that dirty.):p
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/897/dirtywheelsiw6.jpg

RobotWarrior
19th December 2006, 02:29 AM
GDay MikMak,

Welcome to Opelaus. Look forward to seeing you around on one of the cruises! Enjoy the site! look for hints and tips in the How 2 section and particularly in the Vectra models forum! Cheers Robot:D This is my baby http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10885

mikmak
19th December 2006, 02:43 AM
Thanks bot. Nice wheels. My road to work doesn't quite lend itself to anything harder than 16's:o. I would love to do some work to my JSII but kids come first at the moment. Maybe when I put them to work, I can pick up some ZC 05 CD 16s.:D

RobotWarrior
19th December 2006, 02:48 AM
LOL I know that one well Having two youngsters myself, Those rims will look nice keep your eyes on the classifieds here too might pick up a cheap set one day! Alot of aftermarket mods happen around here and someone might just wanna dispose of a set some day
Also click the QLD link at the top to find out about when the next cruise is happening!

EL BURITO
19th December 2006, 03:30 AM
hello.....................

btm
19th December 2006, 08:13 AM
welcome mate :)

PaulyJ
19th December 2006, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the site mate!

Lt Ketch
19th December 2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the site and good to see another VecB!

out of interest did you look up "Holden Vectra" on wikipedia?

mikmak
19th December 2006, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the site and good to see another VecB!

out of interest did you look up "Holden Vectra" on wikipedia?

Yep, specifically to see what pics they had. I had been having a posting bash with a few members on GMI (http://www.gmiinsidenews.com/forums)

I have been on that site for about 18 months and had a lot to do with one of the guys who helped compose a lot of the automotive knowledge on there at the moment. We had a disagreement about the value of the Mondeo vs. the Vectra and how Jeremy Clarkson is a Mondeo bonking nonce. :D
But that's one of the reasons I like that forum. Most discussions are (loosely) fact based and then you can occasionally get away with a bit of Oz humour and they walk around scratching their heads

Anyway, thanks for the g'days, I'll be around.

mikmak
25th June 2012, 12:51 AM
Haha! I'm back! Can't believe I joined here almost 6 years ago! Perhaps that is the reason the forum said I was banned. :D

For the record, I still have "Victoria" and she just passed 280,000kms.

and Yes. I washed the wheels. :D

guy 27
25th June 2012, 12:53 AM
Welcome back to OA

adam_92
25th June 2012, 12:56 AM
Welcome back to the forum mate.

poita
25th June 2012, 12:56 AM
Welcome back mate :)

Glad to know you finally washed your wheels!

Nurb608
25th June 2012, 09:10 AM
Welcome back!