PDA

View Full Version : New Member, With New Tigra

Tigra
18th December 2006, 09:03 PM
Hello fellow Opel Members,

I have been part of many car clubs over the years, but not one that is make only based. Such as Car Audio Australia and Sydney Cruise Registry.

Just three weeks ago, I traded in my 2004 Suzuki Liana for a Holden Tigra. Always wanted a convertable, and was looking for sometime at the 206CC, however, after attending the Sydney Motorshow, I saw the Holden Tigra, and heard the news that they have just came down in price.

I then spent sometime comparing the Tigra to the 206CC and the Tigra won, allow me to introduce my self. My name is Miles and live in Western Sydney, Penrith. And this is my new Tigra.

http://picasaweb.google.com/milespics/2006HoldenTigra

I hope I get the chance to meet you all and get to you know, and one day, be able to go for a cruise.

MatsHolden
18th December 2006, 09:15 PM
Welcome mate. I think your one of the only Tigra owners on here.

Tigra
18th December 2006, 09:22 PM
Welcome mate. I think your one of the only Tigra owners on here.

Looks like it, im just browsing the members Gallery at the moment and I have noticed that alot of people own Barina's. (A car that my partner owns).

Looking at everything in this club makes me wanna go for a cruise now!

ope126
18th December 2006, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the site mate, sweet looking ride...

I wish my SRi had the on-board computer!

Tigra
18th December 2006, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the site mate, sweet looking ride...

I wish my SRi had the on-board computer!

Thank you, I've just added a whole heap of photos to my members folder. I've also got two videos on Youtube, but unsure if Im allow to post that link in here. Their only basic, just one with the roof coming off and the other walking around the Tigra.

Links below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lPlaTaSuXg[/URL]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbmMA_JauF4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTsckx1R5Mg)

PaulyJ
18th December 2006, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the site!
Finally a Tigra owner. You should feel priveledged to be the first one here.
How did you find out about us?
Love the ride by the way.

Tigra
18th December 2006, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the site!
Finally a Tigra owner. You should feel priveledged to be the first one here.
How did you find out about us?
Love the ride by the way.

Took me ages to find the site, hence the reason why I would love to put some opelaus stickers on my window.

I did a search VIA google and looked up "Opel Club Australia".

PaulyJ
18th December 2006, 10:00 PM
hmmm looks like i'm gonna have to look into more effective search results for OA.

So how are you finding the car?
Do you have any plans for it?

Tigra
18th December 2006, 10:06 PM
hmmm looks like i'm gonna have to look into more effective search results for OA.

So how are you finding the car?
Do you have any plans for it?

At the end of the day, I found it. Thats the main thing :)

As for plans, all I've done is added really dark window tint and chrome wheels. The chrome wheels were from my old car, my Suzuki. No other plans at the moment.

mikmak
19th December 2006, 02:26 AM
Welcome Tigra. I can't tel you much about this site. i've been here for a whole 15 minutes, but I was happy to find a forum for Aus Opels. I really dig the hunched over proportions of the tigra. Looks sharp in black.

RobotWarrior
19th December 2006, 02:38 AM
Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoo a Tigger! Ooops I miss read it! LOL a Tigra Welcome to the site mate by the looks you are the first Tigra here so finding Model specific info might be a bit of a challenge for you! But you have come to the right place at least, we have several Opel Gurus ready to answer questions! Hope you enjoy your time with us! Cheers Robot:D

EL BURITO
19th December 2006, 03:35 AM
A tigra owner. Hello looks nice.
was thinking about one when i was looking for the 1.8 but i wouldnt be able to get all the audio in the boot and still have the space for wat my back seats do now :(
Paul i think there needs to be a new sub section for our new member under the corsa or its own seeing as it is a Opel even if there is only one on here ATM.

PaulyJ
19th December 2006, 07:40 AM
Paul i think there needs to be a new sub section for our new member under the corsa or its own seeing as it is a Opel even if there is only one on here ATM.

I'll discuss it with Wayne.

btm
19th December 2006, 08:03 AM
G'day Miles, welcome to the team!

Check out the Opelaus NSW section ----> http://nsw.opelaus.com/phpBB2/ for all up and coming NSW cruises/events :)

MatsHolden
19th December 2006, 04:21 PM

He can reply to his own posts! :p lol

PaulyJ
19th December 2006, 04:40 PM
We'll put in a new Tigra section when we get more Tigra owners.

Tigra
19th December 2006, 05:41 PM
Check out the Opelaus NSW section ----> http://nsw.opelaus.com/phpBB2/ for all up and coming NSW cruises/events :)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, you all seem like a great bunch of people and have already had the chance to talk with some of you VIA MSN.

BTM = I've logged into the above site and registered all my details, however can only see one topic thread, which is: Membership Information. Is there a section within this forum for cruise information?

PaulyJ
19th December 2006, 11:04 PM
I think the NSW section has been, or is in the process of being moved back to the main site here.

Noir
23rd December 2006, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the forums. Very nice ride you have there, love it in the black :)

shoey85
20th January 2008, 12:23 PM
We'll put in a new Tigra section when we get more Tigra owners.

+1 just bought the missus one :P
silver 2007 with only 3000ks on the clock:D

EL BURITO
20th January 2008, 10:48 PM
+1 just bought the missus one :P
silver 2007 with only 3000ks on the clock:D
what did you get for the Astra ?

shoey85
21st January 2008, 07:41 AM
what did you get for the Astra ?

7k :( considering it only had 100'000ks

EL BURITO