PDA

View Full Version : Astra trade in

Lucky_Astra06
11th December 2006, 11:16 PM
Hey all,
been a while since i posted anything so thought id get all your thoughts on a trade im considering doing this week.

I'm looking at trading in my black auto 3dr H for a Silver manual 3dr H simply because its black & looks dirty all the time + its auto (too slugish & no fun to drive).. anywho spoke with dealership & they will take my car + $4,000 cash for a brand new silver H.

I got 22,500km on mine & is 16 months old now, does it sound like a good deal?? I felt like signing on the spot but thought id do some research/ask all you peeps for your thoughts. The parentals said i was crazy for considering a trading but im pretty sure its the right thing to do. So what do u all think??

Thanks guys

Calibrated
12th December 2006, 12:51 AM
i hate auto's...so my opinion is stated right there...

oneightoo
12th December 2006, 01:28 AM
yeah sounds alright, but are you prepared to pay an extra $4k just cos you dont like the colour and the gearbox?

its probably the best deal you'll get.. selling it privatley probably wont get you much more..

in the end its only $4k and you get the car you actually want.. so i reckon, do it.. it's only gonna be what? an extra $30 per fortnight on your repayments??

EL BURITO
12th December 2006, 03:39 AM
I would go for it, but i would go and testdrive a 2.2SRI 1st cos it may be a little more fun.

Tfer
12th December 2006, 08:04 AM
I would go for it, but i would go and testdrive a 2.2SRI 1st cos it may be a little more fun.

Agreed, or if yours is a CD maybe look at a CDX... if you are going to the trouble of getting a new car, reassess which Astra you do want :D

Good luck ;)

btm
12th December 2006, 08:40 AM
sounds like an awesome deal if you ask me

but as the others have said, test out a few 'upgrades' before making the final decision

good luck :)

Wraith
12th December 2006, 09:01 AM
On what your considering above, it's really all up to you, your unhappy with the colour and transmission choice you have, I suppose you'll have to update, but my question is - how come you went that way in the first place ??

Every car I've ever purchased new or s/h, when it came to colour and trans choices, I knew exactly what I wanted and that's what I got - never had any regrets or mind changes.

Oh well I guess it's one you can learn from, it sounds like a good enough deal, but your still losing money in the end that you could have saved if you had chosen more wisely at the beginning ;)

rjastra
12th December 2006, 09:17 AM
It's nearly the end of the year..... wait and see what sales come about.

You are actually spending $6000 as you are effectively downgrading from an auto ($2000 option!).

Personally I think you are mad :)

Poogene2001
12th December 2006, 06:45 PM
What about an ex-demo or 2nd hand one?
Theres plenty around and you would be saving yourself $1500 in delaer delivery costs.
For example...http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/HOLDEN/ASTRA/Melbourne/detail.aspx?id=3043545&pg=1&pp=5&d=0&nv=1

rjastra
15th December 2006, 04:32 PM
Theres plenty around and you would be saving yourself $1500 in delaer delivery costs.

Don't forget the stamp duty/transfer fee on a secondhand car.