PDA

View Full Version : help with opel badge

sa-sri
7th December 2006, 10:45 PM
hello everyone, Im new here and im from SA. i have a 02 Barina SRi and would like to know how to replace the holden badge with an opel one??? It seems hard, as the holden sign is built into the front grill, bar etc!!! Any help would be much appreciated. cheers

Misguidedangel
8th December 2006, 02:58 AM
you'll need a new front grill

for the rear use string (dental floss) and slide under the badge to remove the sticky stuff and it should pop off... to remove the remaining sticky stuff use eucalyptis (sp?) oil to remove it ....

reedaaron
8th December 2006, 08:54 AM
i have come up with a solution to this problem as i have an 03 sri and recently rebadged it, was going to do a how to but haven't gotten around to it.

i pulled the holden badge off... then got some cardboard and made a template of the opel badge cutting a circle with small notches where the clips are so when you put it on, it won't move anywhere (this might take a while but its worth it). then i got an old folder, one of the plastic ones with clear sleeves in them, and transferred the finished template onto the black plastic. then just trimmed it to make sure it was a perfect fit, stick under badge and clip new badge on. once i get pics off my dad i'll post them, looks 100% now :)

hope this helps.