PDA

View Full Version : If you need OPEL parts try...

Captjono
6th December 2006, 08:07 PM
Hi guys,

I just was playing trumpet in a concert the other day when I got talking to one of the other players who happens to be the Product & Marketing manager for a company called ZF. This is a German company that has been in Aus. for about 5 years now, and he came out to Aus. when they started here.

They deal in mainly standard replacement parts for most European car brands, including OPEL. They deal mainly in suspension, clutches, breaks, etc... Supplying the brands 'Sachs', 'Lemforder' and 'Boge'.

The other thing is that they have a performance devision in Germany as well.

Now, he told me that he would be able to get any parts in for me...and that he was open to hearing from others in Opelaus as well. I can't guarantee anything about the company or the parts, but it sounded good to me!

If you are interested, go and check out their parts listing at;

http://webcat.zf-trading.com/index.asp?LKZ=D&PKW=1&KAT_KZ=P,A&KHERNR=84&KMODNR=0&KTYPNR=0&LASTPAGE=nc2_dialog.asp

If you are interested in getting pricing info, and want to get a part, pm me and I will give you his email address, or if he would prefer, give him your contact details.

Hope this is helpful!

Alfonzo
6th December 2006, 08:17 PM
The English button is in the bottom bar of the screen. (Says Tim, who navigated most of the site before realising :rolleyes: )

Captjono
6th December 2006, 08:22 PM
Opps...yer, sorry! Mine was already in English so I forgot to say you needed to change language! Thanks for that!

Oh, and if you are interested in looking at their performance devision...the direct site address is;

http://www.sachs-race-engineering.de/owx_3_32257_2_0_0_00000000000000.html

oneightoo
6th December 2006, 08:29 PM
oooh this is very helpful jono!!

GOOD STUFF!!

blueraven
6th December 2006, 09:51 PM
once again i must direct people to www.autovaux.co.uk if you are looking for genuine parts. i have used them over the years and have never found anyone cheaper, faster or with better customer service :)

Noir
7th December 2006, 12:33 AM
once again i must direct people to www.autovaux.co.uk (http://www.autovaux.co.uk) if you are looking for genuine parts. i have used them over the years and have never found anyone cheaper, faster or with better customer service :)

that link would have been super handy some months back ;)

Shaun
7th December 2006, 12:43 AM
ZF Transmissons have been here for Years. All European manfacturers use items from them. Sachs Supply Volvo Scania and Mercedes Benz there truck clutches. Good products. they are the supplier to OEM in most cases through out europe.
Good find Jono.

Wraith
7th December 2006, 09:14 AM
once again i must direct people to www.autovaux.co.uk if you are looking for genuine parts. i have used them over the years and have never found anyone cheaper, faster or with better customer service :)

Absolutely totally agree with BR here :)

To give you all an example, I performed the 60k major service on my Cali about a year ago, ie: the one requiring timing belt, pulleys water pump etc.

GMH wanted $1300 for the service, the parts over the counter were $860, or around $580 trade, plus labour.

I scored all the required parts from Autovaux in the U.K. (exactly the same as used by GMH or SAAB) including shipping for $460 Aust.

Did all the work myself and was $840 up, even if I had paid for the service, I still would have been at least $400 better off !!!

To give you an idea of how much GMH spare parts are ripping people on some items - the Cali water pump is worth $350 from GMH, the same pump supplied by Autovaux is 23 pounds - it'll cost you around $70-80 landed :eek: what a difference !

Captjono
7th December 2006, 07:08 PM
Well...

Use who ever you want. I wasn't suggesting they are better then others or anything. I was just letting people know of the contact I had made. If you want to use someone else...that's all good!

I'm hoping that he might get the parts a bit cheeper for me! :pray:

Blue_Dvl
7th December 2006, 07:45 PM
oh, those links would have been so helpful a month ago. Oh well...... sure will help out next time

Captjono
16th December 2006, 11:18 AM
Hi all again,

Lars has got back to me about all this and has asked that we hold off until the new year to deal through him...he is just flat out at the moment and is about to head back to Germany for a while.

With that said...he is going to contact the SE-Asian Marketing Manager and talk to him about organizing some events for our group to show us their parts etc... In the past, in some other countries, they have done things like track days, etc...

So, they are keen to become involved in the group...we just have to wait untill next year!

Cya