PDA

View Full Version : What wheels would you recommend for my Vectra?

Tfer
5th December 2006, 12:00 PM
I think I want to put some sort of 18's charcoal grey wheels on my Veccy, but seeing as it has been far too long since I have purchased aftermarket alloys..... I thought I would ask all of you for your opinions. So... let's hear what you think :D

I probobably am not looking for the bling factor, but something to enhance the street toughness of the Veccy, if this helps

CJB
5th December 2006, 12:42 PM
I am against any sort of chrome wheel, which as you said, you don't want bling, or, aren't looking for bling.

I am not a wheel buff, but keep in mind brake dust - since it spits out so much :)

Shadow Chrome wouldn't be bad at all.

And a nice semi deep dish, or deep dish rim would look hot IMO.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3122/08viennaov4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Wraith
5th December 2006, 12:44 PM
A set of 20's on your late model Vecce would be awesome mate !!!! :)

You'll probably be able to fit em in without too much drama at all, looks like they have bigger wheel arches and much more clearance than a TS Astra, which I've got 20's fitted onto.

Otherwise if you don't want to go to the trouble of getting a set of 20's to suit, go for 19's at least - check out all the major catalogues, you will be able to select from wheels which feature a +40-45mm offset (ET) and a 5x114.3 or 5x112 or 5x108 PCD which can be re-drilled to 5x110 PCD, no problems at all.

You'll have to check to make sure, but you can probably get away with an 8" width as well, making for a larger selection choice.

BTW the Advanti rim shown above can be fitted to your car......;)

Tfer
5th December 2006, 01:32 PM
I am against any sort of chrome wheel, which as you said, you don't want bling, or, aren't looking for bling.

I am not a wheel buff, but keep in mind brake dust - since it spits out so much :)

Shadow Chrome wouldn't be bad at all.

And a nice semi deep dish, or deep dish rim would look hot IMO.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3122/08viennaov4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Thanks Crispy.... shadow chrome is not a bad idea.:D *Tfer ponders for a bit*

A set of 20's on your late model Vecce would be awesome mate !!!! :)

You'll probably be able to fit em in without too much drama at all, looks like they have bigger wheel arches and much more clearance than a TS Astra, which I've got 20's fitted onto.

Otherwise if you don't want to go to the trouble of getting a set of 20's to suit, go for 19's at least - check out all the major catalogues, you will be able to select from wheels which feature a +40-45mm offset (ET) and a 5x114.3 or 5x112 or 5x108 PCD which can be re-drilled to 5x110 PCD, no problems at all.

You'll have to check to make sure, but you can probably get away with an 8" width as well, making for a larger selection choice.

BTW the Advanti rim shown above can be fitted to your car......;)

Thanks Wraith.... so much info to absorb :cool: I suppose the Vectra is running 235/45 17's ATM, and I was thinking that if I went to 18's the tyre would still be not so "exotic" which would be good for day to day, but you have got me thinking about 19's :) Awesome :cool:

EL BURITO
5th December 2006, 01:38 PM
big ones.

maby a black or shadow chrome. no bling bling (with Crisp on that) I recon if u did go 20's thou ppl would really be asking wat it is.

sri guy
5th December 2006, 01:39 PM
considering some of my past dealings with faulty aftermarket wheels.
and poor aftersales service from unnamed tyre/wheel outlets. i dont think too highly of aftermarket rims too much anymore. but enough about me.

some nice dish rims would look hot.
bugger chrome every man and his dog has it.

EL BURITO
5th December 2006, 01:46 PM
ok i will say it then you get wat u pay for. dont use the internet to buy wheels i have seen the result on friends cars

Tfer
5th December 2006, 01:52 PM
big ones.

maby a black or shadow chrome. no bling bling (with Crisp on that) I recon if u did go 20's thou ppl would really be asking wat it is.

You could be right Laurie and thank you.... with only the Opel Grille and huge wheels, it would be interesting *Tfer ponders a bit more* :D

considering some of my past dealings with faulty aftermarket wheels.
and poor aftersales service from unnamed tyre/wheel outlets. i dont think too highly of aftermarket rims too much anymore. but enough about me.

some nice dish rims would look hot.
bugger chrome every man and his dog has it.

By dish, do you mean the offset? I am sooo not up to the jargon and tech speak.... :confused:

Tfer
5th December 2006, 01:53 PM
ok i will say it then you get wat u pay for. dont use the internet to buy wheels i have seen the result on friends cars

I would really not have the b%lls to purchase over the internet :eek: good thoughts ;)

Wraith
5th December 2006, 04:33 PM
You could be right Laurie and thank you.... with only the Opel Grille and huge wheels, it would be interesting *Tfer ponders a bit more* :D

You should see how BIG WHEELS turns heads with my car :)

Yes, go for it brother - here's my subliminal message to you :D

20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's 20's :D

Hope that works on ya :p

JasonGilholme
5th December 2006, 05:14 PM
Hey man.

Just remember that when you go for 20 inch rims your adding a hell of a lot of weight directly to the rotational mass of the engine. (in other words your gonna slow yourself down!!!)

Might wanna keep the wheels close to stock weight, lighter if possible. You can still go for bigger wheels but if you wanna keep the weight down i'd be looking at wheels that are fordged, not cast. Much lighter.

As for colours, i reckon a darker colour would look like sex with jessica alba up against that paintwork of yours. Something like what crispy posted but with less spokes. Remember that you have to clean between each and every one of thsoe little bastards when you get brake dust on them....

Good luck mate

Jase

PS. make sure you get the correct offset as well. Don't wanna have your wheels hanging too far away from the car. Also, good tyres are a must, none of that cheap ****!

CJB
5th December 2006, 05:17 PM
brake dust and spokes ... hahaha, oh yes.

That's why you might buy yourself say meguiars wheel cleaner, just spray it on and hope it cleans most of it off.

low astra
5th December 2006, 05:40 PM
yeh go for something lightweight and a little bit open, with a polished lip, i had 18"s on the astra, but they were cheap heavy rubbish, made it a dog to drive, so much so i put my stoko's back on, till i can pick something big light and polished lip

also if u get 20"s u will increase your rolling diameter, and that will slow down your take off a fraction

dustbug
5th December 2006, 07:00 PM
I'd say go 22's to be honest. I think the 20s on mine look a tad small and if i did have the money i would have tryed to squeeze on 22s.

Min 20 Max 22

:D :D :D

EL BURITO
5th December 2006, 07:14 PM
That's why you might buy yourself say meguiars wheel cleaner, just spray it on and hope it cleans most of it off.

that stuff is a waste of money didnt work not bugying another bottle.

Go to various tyer dealers and ask for there wheel selection to fit with in your requirments. then spend as long looking till u find something u really like.

Tfer
5th December 2006, 08:24 PM
Hey man.

Just remember that when you go for 20 inch rims your adding a hell of a lot of weight directly to the rotational mass of the engine. (in other words your gonna slow yourself down!!!)

Might wanna keep the wheels close to stock weight, lighter if possible. You can still go for bigger wheels but if you wanna keep the weight down i'd be looking at wheels that are fordged, not cast. Much lighter.

As for colours, i reckon a darker colour would look like sex with jessica alba up against that paintwork of yours. Something like what crispy posted but with less spokes. Remember that you have to clean between each and every one of thsoe little bastards when you get brake dust on them....

Good luck mate

Jase

PS. make sure you get the correct offset as well. Don't wanna have your wheels hanging too far away from the car. Also, good tyres are a must, none of that cheap ****!

Great point made Jase.... love your work! :cool:

Tfer
5th December 2006, 08:25 PM
that stuff is a waste of money didnt work not bugying another bottle.

Go to various tyer dealers and ask for there wheel selection to fit with in your requirments. then spend as long looking till u find something u really like.

thanks Laurie.... hmmm will have to do that :)

Tfer
5th December 2006, 08:26 PM
yeh go for something lightweight and a little bit open, with a polished lip, i had 18"s on the astra, but they were cheap heavy rubbish, made it a dog to drive, so much so i put my stoko's back on, till i can pick something big light and polished lip

also if u get 20"s u will increase your rolling diameter, and that will slow down your take off a fraction

Rob, I like your thinking ;)

Ginge
6th December 2006, 12:17 AM
get some wheels already so i can put urs on my astra. :P

Wraith
6th December 2006, 08:54 AM
Hey man.

Good luck mate

Jase

I've said it before and I'll say it again.........'STOCK' WHEELS MORE OFTEN THAN NOT WEIGH 'MORE' THAN MOST AFTERMARKET RIMS !!!!!!

I have 3 sets of 20's for my Astra and Calibra and 2 out of those 3 sets weigh LESS than the stock 17" turbo rims that they replaced !!!!!!

The performance degrading you refer to comes more from the increase in diameter, than any added weight, however from what I can tell you, with 20's on my Astra T I can now launch as hard as I want to and it just goes, without wheelspin or torque steer or the like to worry about, as before with the stock 17's, I had to 'coax' a hard launch.

I am also able to hold and stretch out each gear alot more than before and to be honest I much prefer the speed/revs I have with the 20's compared to even 18's when I had those fitted.

I'm at lower revs when cruising and have indeed noticed an increase in fuel efficiency and have a higher top end speed if I want it :D

As for speedo correction, this is easily performed via tech 2, otherwise in my case I know to do around 4-5km/h less at 100 and I won't be speeding ;)

It all comes down to if an individual wants to do it and if they can afford to do it, colour and style are just an individual simple choice you make once you've decided to take the plunge and get bigger wheels.

It's a sure way to 'stand out' from the crowd and have something that's different and more unique from everybody else out there :)

JasonGilholme
6th December 2006, 09:15 AM
Sounds like your rolling diamater is out if its change the revs while cruising.

The revs don't change due to weight. They change due to circumferance.

Also, the reason you we'rent wheel spinning is because your engine was having a harder time getting power to the ground due to the extra weight.

Wheel weight is a bigger factor for me because the factory wheels that my honda comes with are pretty light, and upgrading to bigger wheels, or even same size wheels, can add weight if you don't choose your wheels correctly.

An interesting fact: Aparently if you add 2 kg of weight to the rotating mass of the engine (ie wheels, drivetrain, internals etc) its equivelant to adding 4 times that amount of weight to the car.

so lets say you go up 2 kg at each wheel, thats 8 kg's all up, tiems by four, thats 32 kilo's added to the weight of the car. It might not seem like much but i just removed 30 kilos of weight from my car and i really noticed the difference.

Its just something to keep in mind guys.

Jase

Tfer
6th December 2006, 10:15 AM
Rob, I like your thinking ;)

get some wheels already so i can put urs on my astra. :P

Yes I know Matt..... I am trying :p

I've said it before and I'll say it again.........'STOCK' WHEELS MORE OFTEN THAN NOT WEIGH 'MORE' THAN MOST AFTERMARKET RIMS !!!!!!

I have 3 sets of 20's for my Astra and Calibra and 2 out of those 3 sets weigh LESS than the stock 17" turbo rims that they replaced !!!!!!

The performance degrading you refer to comes more from the increase in diameter, than any added weight, however from what I can tell you, with 20's on my Astra T I can now launch as hard as I want to and it just goes, without wheelspin or torque steer or the like to worry about, as before with the stock 17's, I had to 'coax' a hard launch.

I am also able to hold and stretch out each gear alot more than before and to be honest I much prefer the speed/revs I have with the 20's compared to even 18's when I had those fitted.

I'm at lower revs when cruising and have indeed noticed an increase in fuel efficiency and have a higher top end speed if I want it :D

As for speedo correction, this is easily performed via tech 2, otherwise in my case I know to do around 4-5km/h less at 100 and I won't be speeding ;)

It all comes down to if an individual wants to do it and if they can afford to do it, colour and style are just an individual simple choice you make once you've decided to take the plunge and get bigger wheels.

It's a sure way to 'stand out' from the crowd and have something that's different and more unique from everybody else out there :)

Good point to be had here.... luckily I already use a GPS to check my speed! *winks*

Also, the reason you we'rent wheel spinning is because your engine was having a harder time getting power to the ground due to the extra weight.

Wheel weight is a bigger factor for me because the factory wheels that my honda comes with are pretty light, and upgrading to bigger wheels, or even same size wheels, can add weight if you don't choose your wheels correctly.

An interesting fact: Aparently if you add 2 kg of weight to the rotating mass of the engine (ie wheels, drivetrain, internals etc) its equivelant to adding 4 times that amount of weight to the car.

so lets say you go up 2 kg at each wheel, thats 8 kg's all up, tiems by four, thats 32 kilo's added to the weight of the car. It might not seem like much but i just removed 30 kilos of weight from my car and i really noticed the difference.

Jase

Love your work Jase..... afterall one of the things I am looking for (apart from the obvious "wow" factor) is a reduction of weight.... the Veccy needs to lose some kilos ;)

Apex
6th December 2006, 10:16 AM
With aftermarket alloys you get what you pay for, i.e. if its cheep nine times out of ten they will end up square within a couple of years. Why not go for a nice BBS 18” rim, like the CH I had a set of these on a previous car and they looked **** hot. Does the Vectra have a 5x110 stud pattern? Or maybetry to get some factory SRI or VXR wheels and shadow chrome them!

Tfer
6th December 2006, 10:18 AM
With aftermarket alloys you get what you pay for, i.e. if its cheep nine times out of ten they will end up square within a couple of years. Why not go for a nice BBS 18” rim, like the CH I had a set of these on a previous car and they looked **** hot. Does the Vectra have a 5x110 stud pattern? Or maybetry to get some factory SRI or VXR wheels and shadow chrome them!

Love your thinking here, but would like to venture away from factory alloys..... my first chance to do this sort of thing for years :D

Greg K
6th December 2006, 12:18 PM
i personally love the look of big factory wheels rather than aftermarket...
i would go for the the 19" vxr wheels.. would look hawttt!!!

Wraith
6th December 2006, 12:48 PM

Jase

Nobody said anything about revs changing due to weight, what's that all about ???

Yes of course the rolling diameter with 20's is larger than with the stock 17's.

To be exact it's 39.2mm bigger O/A dia. (ie: 217/40 R17 vs 225/30 R20)

So obviously at any given travelling speed, the engine rpm will be lower, hence better fuel economy, when cruising and higher top end speed.

I've already stated my 20's are LIGHTER than the stock 17's, so it must be that there is more effort required to turn the larger dia. from standstill, which is why the initial or take off wheel spin is no longer there, got nothing to do with getting power to the ground due to extra weight because there isn't any extra weight, it's less weight !!!!!!

Now I've had 17's 18's 19's and 20's on the same car and those are the results, but what would I know right ;) - if you don't believe/accept them what more can I say - stick to your theories......

If wheel weight is such a big issue, that's fine, simple solution, spend the money and get a set that satisfies your requirements, there are plenty of lightweight rims out there !

So there should be no excuse for going to bigger rims due to increases in weight - the ONLY 3 excuses should be 1. Cannot afford them 2. Cannot fit/run properly with them 3. Cannot insure the car with them !!!

JasonGilholme
6th December 2006, 01:01 PM
WRAITH: Not wanting to start anything with you man. Just wasn't clear with what you said (chances are i didn't read it fully lol)

Maybe you had better tyres on your aftermarket wheels which was fixing the wheelspin issue. Theres plenty of different things that'll affect it. Wheel weight being one of many many factors.

Weight is just one thing that people overlook when buying wheels and unforuntately alot of the time they have to live with negative affects if they've chosen a heavier wheel.

Just wanted to point out some aspects that people don't often consider. not start an argument.

JohnBu
6th December 2006, 04:49 PM
Wraith

what is the weight of the stock SRI turbo rim?

Wraith
6th December 2006, 05:18 PM
That's alright Jasongilholme - no probs, I'm only eager to help with things I know as fact, if I've already gone through the exercise myself, I'm happy to pass on advice to others.

BTW, I also have aftermarket 17's and the rubber on all my rims is similar, the aftermarket 17's with better than stock rubber also suffered from wheel spin, in fact I was getting wheel spin in 3rd gear immediately after getting the new map from Wayne, I changed back over to the 20's about 3 weeks later and wheel spin is gone.

But like I've said, all things considered I would never go back to the smaller sizes on my Astra t, the 20's look better and drive better - with regards to throttle control and gearing/speed I much prefer them.

On a less powerful car with more obvious performance loss, this may be a consideration also to not go so big - individual choice.

Hi John, I have it written down in my notes somewhere on the weight of the stock 17's I've since sold them, so can't check, but I remember that one of my sets of 20's was nearly 1.2kg lighter per wheel......

The current set I'm running (I occaisionally change em over to give the car a different look) is about 2kg heavier per wheel than the other set of 20's or about 0.8kg heavier than the stock 17's, but to tell you the truth, I noticed no difference in acceleration from one to the other (ie: the 20's), if there is a difference it is very small, a negligable price to pay for the benifit of making the car look 10 times better than before IMHO ;)

low astra
6th December 2006, 05:20 PM
wheel weight dosnt make that bigger differance, its more the rolling diameter,

its a mechanical advantage/disadvantage,

ZC_74
6th December 2006, 05:30 PM
I'm all for the 18's off the Astra SRi. I am right in thinking they are 18's? I would buy them in a shot for my Vec. I have been mulling on this Tfer as well trying to think about what rims to get. I really wanted the Audi RS4 rims and I have found copies but I fell they look 'cheap'. The big 18" star from GMH will look the goods, especially if you lower it ever so slightly.:) :)

Tfer
6th December 2006, 06:58 PM
Just simply awesome advice all, and a very big thank you. I have learnt more over the past couple of days than I have over the past year ;)

Still want to go aftermarket, and make the Veccy more sinister.... so if anyone has more advice, please hit me with it :D

WLD-18L
6th December 2006, 07:46 PM
get em you will never look back. changes the whole appeaance of the car. espically wile its cruising down the road.

i couldnt belive how much better my whole car looked.

pred8r
6th December 2006, 09:06 PM
being that it is not a 'sport' car but a luxo I'd consider a set similar to
http://content.performanceproducts.com/main/100736/100736_200_1.jpg

But then a set of
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/V/vauxhall/astra/02-medium/05-vxr-wheel-st.jpg
Or
http://www.lhp-racing.com/images/wheels/dtm.jpgbut these would be a B*TCH to clean

EL BURITO
6th December 2006, 09:07 PM
http://www.lhp-racing.com/images/wheels/dtm.jpgbut these would be a B*TCH to clean

but would be so sexy in a darker colour

pred8r
6th December 2006, 09:11 PM
Ive got it, what about
http://www.lwtwheels.com/wheels/osakawheels/osaka%20gt5%20menu.jpg or http://www.lwtwheels.com/wheels/osakawheels/osaka%20enzoii%20menu.jpg

pred8r
6th December 2006, 09:13 PM
but would be so sexy in a darker colour

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/uploads/images_products_large/718.jpg

EL BURITO
6th December 2006, 09:17 PM
those are nice

pred8r
6th December 2006, 09:19 PM
Nuff said
http://www.rhein-main-seite.de/opel_dtm_vectra_14_1.JPG

Wraith
7th December 2006, 09:21 AM
mmmmmm, nice choices there, go ahead get em, I'm telling ya, you will never look back, as others have mentioned, the extra dimension a nice set of mags adds to the car is well worth every cent :) you won't regret it ;)

JasonGilholme
7th December 2006, 09:36 AM
Nuff said

That is hot!!!!

Tfer
7th December 2006, 04:47 PM
http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/uploads/images_products_large/718.jpg

Yup these are super nice :D is this what they call shadow chrome?

Tfer
7th December 2006, 04:48 PM
Nuff said

Damn that's awesome.... *hmmm Tfer ponders more about something compeltely different* ;)

Ginge
7th December 2006, 06:26 PM
we should try and get a group buy of wheels from a place. i want 2 sets(dont ask!!!) rob needs a set. with tfer as well thats 4. hmmm. just an idea

Oz
7th December 2006, 06:37 PM
Mate, go to www.vectra-c.com & all your queries will be answered. Opel/Vaux & now Holden have a 19" rim known as the 'snowflake' which is a 5 arm design. Again go to vectra-c.com & you will see a few UK/EU Veccies with them. This years Sydney Intl Motor Show had a Silver Astra SRI with them. So obviously Holden are now importing them. Absolutely the muts nuts.

As for the 18's on the Astra SRI, I asked a couple of dealers how much to put them on my Vec CDXi & both quoted in the $2800-3000 range. I ended up deciding against them as I think my CDXi would look better with thicker arms on the wheels just like the standard 17' jobs. I'm thinking the 19' snowflakes could be the way to go. Then again Opel/Vaux also have snowflakes in 18's but they are 6 arm design. Might look at importing them.

A brand known as Mille Miglia are quite nice & are meant to be lightish.

pred8r
7th December 2006, 07:50 PM
we should try and get a group buy of wheels from a place. i want 2 sets(dont ask!!!) rob needs a set. with tfer as well thats 4. hmmm. just an idea

I can think of where NOT to go. :mad:

Tfer
8th December 2006, 10:13 AM

Matt... sounds like a plan to follow ;) Very smart :cool:

Mate, go to www.vectra-c.com (http://www.vectra-c.com) & all your queries will be answered. Opel/Vaux & now Holden have a 19" rim known as the 'snowflake' which is a 5 arm design. Again go to vectra-c.com & you will see a few UK/EU Veccies with them. This years Sydney Intl Motor Show had a Silver Astra SRI with them. So obviously Holden are now importing them. Absolutely the muts nuts.

As for the 18's on the Astra SRI, I asked a couple of dealers how much to put them on my Vec CDXi & both quoted in the $2800-3000 range. I ended up deciding against them as I think my CDXi would look better with thicker arms on the wheels just like the standard 17' jobs. I'm thinking the 19' snowflakes could be the way to go. Then again Opel/Vaux also have snowflakes in 18's but they are 6 arm design. Might look at importing them.

A brand known as Mille Miglia are quite nice & are meant to be lightish.

Oz, awesome, and I will.... sweet as :D

Tfer
8th December 2006, 10:16 AM

Would love to know.... if you don't want to put it here, please pm me. Thanks pred :)

Wraith
8th December 2006, 11:01 AM
'Mille Miglia' do have some nice wheels, but their range of 5x110 PCD is limited and they are pricey, because they are not are commonly stocked brand.

Check out the Advanti range guys, they are a very common stocked wheel here in Aust. and very high quality vs price and have some awesome looking designs which will fit Opels.

Manic, Medusa are 2 styles that come to mind which look great, they also have a custom 3 piece wheel design which looks amazing and can be made to suit any car in 17"- 22" sizes - if you want to go that way :)

As long as the size (O/A dia. and width and ET) are correct, anything in a 5x114.3 PCD can be easily re-drilled to suit.

Most of the larger wheel outlets will do this for you at no extra cost ;)

Tfer
8th December 2006, 11:05 PM

Thanks pred.... I will stay away from there ;)

Tfer
8th December 2006, 11:06 PM
'Mille Miglia' do have some nice wheels, but their range of 5x110 PCD is limited and they are pricey, because they are not are commonly stocked brand.

Check out the Advanti range guys, they are a very common stocked wheel here in Aust. and very high quality vs price and have some awesome looking designs which will fit Opels.

Manic, Medusa are 2 styles that come to mind which look great, they also have a custom 3 piece wheel design which looks amazing and can be made to suit any car in 17"- 22" sizes - if you want to go that way :)

As long as the size (O/A dia. and width and ET) are correct, anything in a 5x114.3 PCD can be easily re-drilled to suit.

Most of the larger wheel outlets will do this for you at no extra cost ;)

I have heard of the Advanti range.... will go for a look over the weekend.... thanks wraith ;)

Dee
9th December 2006, 04:22 PM
i love advanti wheels - they are sexual :D

personally i like these 2 sets of wheels from ozzytyres

http://ozzytyres.com.au/images/mag/mag_31_104_bg.jpg and http://ozzytyres.com.au/images/mag/mag_39_107_bg.jpg

they are both "hypersilver" the first ones come in 18 x 7.5 inches, 17 x 7.0 inches and 16 x 7.0 inches but the second ones are only 17 x 7.0 inches

and i just found this link... http://www.performancealloys.com/find_wheel.asp?procedure=by_car it might come in handy - it shows you the wheels that will fit your car - hopefully the ones you like can be found is Aus

WLD-18L
10th December 2006, 04:51 PM
mmmm advanti !

claireabell
10th December 2006, 08:28 PM
Was searching for some wheels yest with a friend for his veccy...he is going 19's...I have a FANTASTIC wheel man...will pm you his number and address, he is from coast...but :p he is all good.

OzzyTyres seem to advertise alot of wheels they cannot stock...and hit on you at the same time...

I forgot to mention the main question....are you still on stockos?? Or have you found your pair yet?

Tfer
11th December 2006, 05:16 PM
i love advanti wheels - they are sexual :D

personally i like these 2 sets of wheels from ozzytyres

http://ozzytyres.com.au/images/mag/mag_31_104_bg.jpg and http://ozzytyres.com.au/images/mag/mag_39_107_bg.jpg

they are both "hypersilver" the first ones come in 18 x 7.5 inches, 17 x 7.0 inches and 16 x 7.0 inches but the second ones are only 17 x 7.0 inches

and i just found this link... http://www.performancealloys.com/find_wheel.asp?procedure=by_car it might come in handy - it shows you the wheels that will fit your car - hopefully the ones you like can be found is Aus

How cool is this Donna.... thanks *hugs Donna* will look at tonight :cool:

Was searching for some wheels yest with a friend for his veccy...he is going 19's...I have a FANTASTIC wheel man...will pm you his number and address, he is from coast...but :p he is all good.

OzzyTyres seem to advertise alot of wheels they cannot stock...and hit on you at the same time...

I forgot to mention the main question....are you still on stockos?? Or have you found your pair yet?

No still looking Claire... this will be my first set of aftermarket wheels since about the late 80's (can you believe this *eek*) so taking my time and being careful. Would love their details, so please pm me. And yes, still on stocks presently :D

Tfer
2nd January 2007, 09:35 PM
I have had a slight change in plans....

I am going to get the current rims repainted (some sort of grey) for now.... and work on other things for the Veccy. (tehe.... engine)

After that, back to the wheels :)