PDA

View Full Version : Postage from the UK

lowey22
5th December 2006, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know what it would cost to get an Astra steering wheel from the UK to Australia (Townsville)? There is one on eBay that I'm keeping an eye on, but not sure about postage, the seller is looking into it for me.

Also does anyone know how much the steering wheel, centre bit, air bag etc weighs?

Thanks

EL BURITO
5th December 2006, 11:09 AM
single head light was $120

Wraith
5th December 2006, 12:51 PM
From the UK it's about 60 pounds for up to a 2kg package - then it skyrockets from there........

What's the steering wheel weigh ??

Also, 'most' - not all - UK suppliers will not ship anything that exceeds a 1.2m length !!

lampshade
6th December 2006, 06:20 AM
Sorry to butt in here, (have already said hello in the Victoria section) I'm shipping my stage2 Astra Vxr to Aus in the new year and if any1 want's things brought over I'd happily stick them in the boot for you, (nothing too big mind LOL)

I cant see your customs getting too upset about some "spares" I've brought over with me.

Wraith
6th December 2006, 08:19 AM
Hi there lampshade :) great offer - you'd better watch out, you'll be recieving your VXR with not only the boot, but every spare nook and cranny filled with stuff .........LOL :D

imay
6th December 2006, 12:47 PM
Postage costs UK to Australia = $OUCH!

Postage costs Australia to anywhere = $OMG THAT'S GOTTA HURT!

blueraven
6th December 2006, 01:13 PM
dunno what your all whining about, i just had an 11kg parcel about as big as 4 shoeboxes posted out to me from the uk for 80 pounds ($200) for 4 day delivery using fedex....

you just gotta get them to be realistic, the postage is never what they say it is, they just wanna make a few more bucks on the side.

dont ever buy anything from ze germans without confirming postage first, they like to tripple the postage cost and normally the postage works out to more than the cost of the item!! (i have lived there, its no more expensive than any ther place.) got quoted 90 euro for a set of tail lights...and 140 euro for postage..yeah right!!!

Lt Ketch
6th December 2006, 02:44 PM
Sorry to butt in here, (have already said hello in the Victoria section) I'm shipping my stage2 Astra Vxr to Aus in the new year and if any1 want's things brought over I'd happily stick them in the boot for you, (nothing too big mind LOL)

I cant see your customs getting too upset about some "spares" I've brought over with me.

How bigs your boot? :) cause I know their are now a LOT of people thinking "mmm what can I buy......Lampshade has a boot free"

EL BURITO
6th December 2006, 03:14 PM
Astra coup boots are not that big sadly.

CAL.16V
6th December 2006, 04:14 PM
airmail should be about 15-20 pounds through royal airm,ail so max of $50 and surface mail should be about 10 pounds tops