PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Preds new wheels....

pred8r
2nd December 2006, 07:04 PM
She needed tyres, I needed an excuse......
http://www.lwtwheels.com/wheels/osakawheels/osaka%20gt5.jpg

Pics to follow

Noir
2nd December 2006, 07:13 PM
Very nice. Isnt your wife lucky ;)

EL BURITO
2nd December 2006, 08:28 PM
i wanna see them on the car

pred8r
2nd December 2006, 09:42 PM
http://users.bigpond.net.au/Pred8r/pred8r3.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/Pred8r/pred8r4.jpghttp://users.bigpond.net.au/Pred8r/pred8r5.jpghttp://users.bigpond.net.au/Pred8r/pred8r6.jpghttp://users.bigpond.net.au/Pred8r/pred8r1.jpghttp://users.bigpond.net.au/Pred8r/pred8r2.jpg

oneightoo
2nd December 2006, 09:47 PM
very nice!!

pred8r
2nd December 2006, 10:09 PM
The specs

Rims:
Osaka Racing (aka LWT) - GT5 (receipt says RS5)
17x7 ET40

Tyres:
Durun 205/40 17

Where:
The Tyre Factory (Sunshine, They damaged a wheel with the rattlegun - I pointed it out, they're ordering in a new one for me and I still get the marked one to drive on :) )

Cost:
Mates rates (kinda, <$1600)

First impressions.

In the dry the tyres stick better than the original goodyears, wet is unknown. Roadnoise is noticably less. Speedo is over by 3km/h@60 and 4km/h@100 (checked with gps). Car feels as quick as 'normal'.

Will attack rear bumper with anglegrinder so they dont rub. I noticed slight rub on the way home with 2 people and a boot full of SRi rims :)

I can now ALMOST get out my driveway, without scraping, going forwards :confused:

EDIT: after a closer look, if i anglegrind it'll need to be taking away metal too, I'm not interested as more chance of slicing a tyre and, more so, looking crap .

Dee
2nd December 2006, 10:19 PM
17 x 7 should be sweet, no rubbing issues - that's only an inch bigger... you should have gone for 18's

nah seriously now, they look hot - good picking

ROCCO
2nd December 2006, 10:40 PM
Where abouts in melb did you buy them from?? need a decent place to buy rims been looking for a while.

EL BURITO
2nd December 2006, 11:42 PM
need some black plates mate. those look hot with the lip

MiksOpel
3rd December 2006, 01:54 AM
Very nice!
The tread looks good too!

dustbug
3rd December 2006, 01:41 PM
Holly smokes that is a hot car.

Very clean and definitly a smooth ride.

ultim8DTM5
3rd December 2006, 02:02 PM
The Tyre Factory (Sunshine,

Looks like he bought them from the tyre factory in sunshine

JP Dyno
3rd December 2006, 02:08 PM
That is by far the best looking barina Ive ever seen.

pred8r
3rd December 2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks Guys :D

(Upset that I missed the cruise that was on today :wall:, by the time I realized, it was too late)

WLD-18L
3rd December 2006, 04:32 PM
thats nice as ! Coming to the photoshoot ? if yor from vic that is ?

Noir
3rd December 2006, 11:03 PM
Wow I havent seen pictures of your car before! It looks very stylish I love the front bar and grille, seperates it from other Corsas. Well done :clap:

R3N
4th December 2006, 01:06 AM
looking good!

althou they appear smaller than they are due to the dish, should've gone 18s :D

Wraith
4th December 2006, 08:36 AM
Very nice, suits the car very well indeed ;)

pred8r
4th December 2006, 08:19 PM
If I had gone 18's itd need to be lowered, i think it sits about 1" too high now but Im not going to change anything.

When is the photoshoot? I'm definately interested (providing they've replaced the damaged wheel and fixed the one that went flat :rolleyes:. Currently has both Sri wheels on the front again)

CJB
5th December 2006, 01:07 PM
Looks hot Sean. I like them very much!!!

:)

pred8r
6th December 2006, 08:39 PM
Update:

They replaced damaged the rim with a new one (and 'forgot' to balance it:naughty:)

They damaged the one that went flat, when removing the tyre, so they are ordering another new rim:wall::wall:.

Left both with them, hopefully theyll both be ready tomorrow :mad::mad::mad:

At least i got a pic with all 4 wheels the same on. ATM it looks like a before and after photo :(

I've gotten the locknuts at no charge, due to the muck around. But apparently they need a short piece of threaded rod, which they dont have and need to order, as they work like 'normal' wheelnuts not like the factory ones. (Can anyone clarify the availability of NARROW locknuts that have the thread built-in like the oem barina ones?)

They used 2nd hand wheelnuts (and got found out), and are ordering me in some new ones.

EL BURITO
6th December 2006, 08:47 PM
thats kinda funny. considering how many commonwhores have rims on the front and stockys on the rear

pred8r
6th December 2006, 08:52 PM
thats kinda funny. considering how many commonwhores have rims on the front and stockys on the rear

Except my stockies are on the front. :D or is that :mad:

EL BURITO
6th December 2006, 08:57 PM
yes but yours is a FWD

pred8r
7th December 2006, 07:43 PM
UPDATE #2

Got my wheels back today, one has a dent from incorrect tyre fitting but I am sick of going back for them to stuff rims.

The wheel i left last night to balance had the weights fall off by the time i got home and with not even a dustmark for me to go from needs to be rebalanced.

They did get the wheel nuts & studs in, however the studs for the locknuts are too long and by the time the locknut is done up the stud has pushed the locknut key out.

Im sick and tired of changing wheels and going backwards and forwards to this place. Unless you want cheap rims and tyres they you are prepared to be fit up by someone who actually KNOWS how to do it DONT GO TO WHERE I DID, because it more than likely wont be the last time you'll be there.

Cheap products bad everything else, theyd be ok if you were sticking new cheap rims on to sell but otherwise.........

WLD-18L
8th December 2006, 06:32 PM
wholey s.h.i.t man are these guys serious ! i would be down there with my twelve gage over my shoulder yellin take those rims off my car put my stock ones back on and give my money. or skullz or gonna fly.

and then peacefuly walk out with your cash drive to the nearest tyre joint and get them to do a proper job.

i went with JAQ QUICKFIT awsome service, knocked a heap off the competitors prices ! chucked in free locknuts, fitment, full wheel alignment. everything was 100% ligit and stright forward. they had my tyres and rims orderd in overnight aswell. cant beat that.

pred8r
20th January 2007, 07:51 PM
Update: TTF have had a 'change of management' and have 'misplaced' and then 'forgotten' to order in the studs for the wheelnuts so-far.

Still waiting.....I'll pay them a visit next week methinks.

Greg K
21st January 2007, 09:57 AM
i bought my srit wheels from there last year...the ones that jake advertised on here. found out two were buckled and that i wasnt happy, after i asked 4 times before i paid for them that i dont want them if any are bucled.....

well i am still waiting for the other two to come.......been nearly 5 months now!! the postie must be walking to sydney with these two srit wheels strapped on his back!

pred8r
21st January 2007, 10:16 AM
AFAIK the management has actually changed, they got new TTF signage put up within the last 2 weeks, chase them up.

Greg K
21st January 2007, 10:56 AM
yeah, well i call up every 3 days and tell them that i havent received anything yet.... and they always tell me that they will look into it and call me back! well i am still waiting for a phone call from them! i dont care if i call them, just as long as i get what paid for!

Tfer
21st January 2007, 11:57 AM
Hope everything goes well :o

They do look great by the way :)

pred8r
15th April 2007, 02:53 PM
Update: TTF Sunshine has new management AGAIN!!!

Still no studs (for the locknuts), He said he knew nothing of it and will order them for me.

Got car washed today and guys said that i need the wheels polished. WTF
they are 5 months old.
The rims have gone 'funny' (2 x corroded and appear to have no clearcoat on them(?), 1 x clearcoat has gone white, the last one is fine).
TTF are going to let the LWT Rep know, he will arrange a time with us, to view them.
So either a replacement 3 rims OR a new set of something else, should be in order.

Wraith
15th April 2007, 04:00 PM
Yes they are, I was in there a couple of weeks ago......anyone who knows me well will tell you it's impossible to keep me away from all the major wheel outlets from all over Melbourne :D

I've even got contacts and ordered wheels from interstate and O/S as well :)

The guys that were there before were originally from TTF in Dandenong, who knows where they've ended up now as there's another mob again in Dande too :rolleyes:

pred8r
15th April 2007, 07:09 PM
Yes they are, I was in there a couple of weeks ago

This is the second set of managment/staff since mid December. This new group of people has been here 2 months MAX.

Greg K
15th April 2007, 10:21 PM
i dealt with TTF in Tingalpa, and never again will i make a mistake twice!
just terrible customer service and management!!

i seriously dont understand how they can still operate when they have so many dissatisfied customers!

pred8r
16th April 2007, 06:55 PM
The LWT rep said he will view the wheels tomorrow (Tuesday).

Shaun
16th April 2007, 06:57 PM
Nice looking rims.