PDA

View Full Version : Astra on Ebay

Lucky_Astra06
2nd December 2006, 04:20 PM
Hey peeps, does this sound like a good buy??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DAMAGED-HOLDEN-ASTRA-2002-CONVERTIBLE-LIGHT-STRIP_W0QQitemZ110062979981QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1022 34QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

how much would it cost to fix up??? really wanted a convertible like this for summer!

auzvectra
2nd December 2006, 04:42 PM
shame bout the roof n boot, otherwise it'd be a great swap ova for the sri-t gear :D. heavier and less handling, but so much better :).

auzvectra
2nd December 2006, 04:43 PM
i just wonder how long the roof has been off it, the interior might be roasted or wet.

imay
4th December 2006, 10:05 AM
It appears that there are lots of VERY expensive and VERY hard to come by parts that have already been snapped up by astute parts buyers. I think it would be a very big (expensive?) gamble to take this on as a project car for a back yarder to rebuild to roadworthy specs.
Doesn't appear to be much in the way of damage to the body (what's left!), so my suspicions are simply: "WHY?"
Good luck if you take it on, but I'd steer well clear of it unless you have a very big back pocket. You can pick up pretty reasonable secondhand units for a good price at the moment. With the very soon to be released TwinTop, even the few low km, recent units are a good price. Just stay away from anything that has reasonably high mileage as it could well be an ex-hire unit.

Wraith
4th December 2006, 12:51 PM
mmmm, I think I agree with you Ian on this one - just reading through that parts list and knowing a thing or two about TS verts, you'd be up for 10's of thousands of $$$ to get that thing back together.

Once again, the question must be asked WHY is it in that state :confused:

Pretty sus me thinks, someones had their way with all those parts ???

If you really want a TS vert, buy a good and complete example and save all the headaches - I'd wait until next year when the AH twin top has well and truly been released as this will cause TS vert prices to plummit and you should be able to score a bargain on an immaculate one ;)

oneightoo
4th December 2006, 07:11 PM
it passed in with no bids.. starting bid was $1.. would have been a good buy if you wanted to transplant the engine into a 1.8.. would have been a cheap engine..

auzvectra
4th December 2006, 07:31 PM
no it got pulled, last i saw, $4050 with 7 bids.

auzvectra
4th December 2006, 07:33 PM
it said it was removed due to incorrect information.

oneightoo
4th December 2006, 07:42 PM
ahh i didnt read that part..

Blue_Dvl
4th December 2006, 07:58 PM
yeah definately an expensive repair. Plenty of convertables for sale but take caution they arent ex-rentals..... i knwo Avis and Budget use those.

auzvectra
4th December 2006, 08:06 PM
yeah a cheap vert would be nice, donor for an sri-t.
how much u reacon an sri-t converted to sri would be worth :).
i wish i had 4 windows :(, would be worth it just for the 4 windows.

Wraith
5th December 2006, 01:03 PM
yeah a cheap vert would be nice, donor for an sri-t.
how much u reacon an sri-t converted to sri would be worth :).
i wish i had 4 windows :(, would be worth it just for the 4 windows.

Don't quite understand the questions here - sorry :confused:

How or what parts do you want to use on an Sri t from an N/A vert ??

Do you want to change your Sri t 2.0ltr turbo engine over for the 2.2ltr N/A from the vert ?? what about all the compliance issues.....?

Spare windows will cost you much less than they want for that vert new from Holden or s/h from wreckers......BTW the front windows are different on the vert than those on a hatch - they match those used on the Coupe variant - which we didn't get here in Australia.

bill142
5th December 2006, 08:51 PM
it's a parts car nothing more. I wouldn't waste your time unless your going to turn it into something completley custom in which most of the parts on that list would be replaced anyway.