PDA

View Full Version : Stock Stero

mattywood85
28th November 2006, 09:29 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am going to ask for some advice with regards to the stocko stero in an 05 CD Vectra I have a friend who is having some issue with the Single Disc MP3 sound system. She is loosing all her bass and have volume issues this only occurs after a day in the heat. Can anyone off some tips to fix this other then ripping it out and putting a new system in?

I also have read that the stero in the CDX astra can be a bit of an issue. Is this true and is there something I can be on the lookout for? I dont have the car as yet as I am been screwed around by the dealer.

Cheers Matt :)

EL BURITO
29th November 2006, 12:26 AM
well its 05 so take it to Holden and tell them to fix it, that is wat a warranty is for

Wraith
29th November 2006, 11:46 AM
Exactly right - take it back to Holden, BEFORE you start messing around with it, (or they might say YOU messed it up) and get them to fix it :)

Otherwise if you have the cash and the time, rip it out, throw it away and upgrade your ICE install as most other people end up doing anyway........;)

Kippa-Dee
1st December 2006, 09:37 AM
Certainly sounds like the power amp is overheating in the head unit. These are shocking anyway in stock stereos - you might as well hook up a gerbil in a wheel to run yur speakers, it'd give a cleaner signal.

Dump the headunit, or add a fan into the rear of it to blow cold air over it. Holden warranty is your first stop, but I'd suggest an upgrade is your only good option.

rjastra
1st December 2006, 01:13 PM
Otherwise if you have the cash and the time, rip it out, throw it away and upgrade your ICE install as most other people end up doing anyway........

Correction... most people DON'T upgrade their head units anymore ;)

EL BURITO
1st December 2006, 04:30 PM
Correction... most people DON'T upgrade their head units anymore ;)
only cos u cant cos of stupid disign

WLD-18L
3rd December 2006, 03:21 PM
so so tru these days the cd player takes up 3/4 of the freakin dashbored it does in my ah cdx anyways

EL BURITO
3rd December 2006, 03:43 PM
so so tru these days the cd player takes up 3/4 of the freakin dashbored it does in my ah cdx anyways
can still be done mate. just cost an extra 12 GBP