PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

mattywood85
28th November 2006, 01:43 AM
Hey Guys and Gals,

My name is Matt and I would like to say Hi from sunny and hot Brisbane. I have recently treated myself to another Opel. This is my second. My first was an 01 JS series 2 Vectra CD which I loved to bits. My new pride and joy soon to be taken delevery of sometime soon is an Astra CDX 5 Door Manual. I am a bit of an old man when it comes to cars I keep them stock. The reason I join is I saw a Black Corsa (Barina) that passes me sometime on my way to work some days.

This will be the 4th Astra in our family the first is the 88 so that doesnt count as an Opel but my father has a 04 TS CDX in Ultra Blue with the Kit and Spoiler on it and my uncle has an 01 TS CD.

I look forward to be able to chat more about these fine cars to you guys and even come down the coast and stick mine in a corner as it is stocko.

Cheers Matt :)

RobotWarrior
28th November 2006, 02:16 AM
Gday Matty, I have a 01 JS2 and she is the ducks nuts I reckon! You have certainly come to the right place to talk Opels, You won't need to stick yours in a corner mate All opels are to be appreciated whether stock or not! Look forward to meeting you down the coast one week end! Cheers Robot!

btm
28th November 2006, 08:40 AM
so many qld'ers joining at the moment...

welcome dude, enjoy :)

Tfer
28th November 2006, 10:42 AM
We are Turblue's private "Clown" army (hmmm.... not "clone" tehe) and us Queenslanders will take over the world :rolleyes: :p

Welcome mattywood85 and my Veccy C is standard apart from the Opel grille, and will remain so pretty much on the outside ;) so there is nothing wrong with standard.

Post some piccys up once you have your ride (I hope I read that right), and welcome.... enjoy your time here :D

Please also check out the Qld Forum page :)

Lt Ketch
28th November 2006, 11:58 AM
Welcome!

. . . . . .

EL BURITO
28th November 2006, 08:18 PM
any relation to Sean http://www.opelaus.com/forum/member.php?u=2047

enjoy your stay

mattywood85
28th November 2006, 09:07 PM
No relation to Sean.

:)

Sammeh
29th November 2006, 10:50 AM
Hi There! Welcome to the Site!!

mattywood85
30th November 2006, 01:53 AM
Hey guys and gals,

When I firsted joined I mention I was an expectant father with the arrival of my second Opel. Well I rang the dealership today which shall remain nameless :mad: and I come with some sad news. As they were taking my child off the boat they smashed it into the boat, so I am delayed again. I am intending on going on the sunny coast cruise it sounds like a good day so hopefully my child has arrived by then. So that is my update.

Cheers Matt

Noir
30th November 2006, 01:58 AM
Welcome and sorry to hear about the car! How the hell did they let that happen?:eek:

Hope you dont have to wait too much longer :(

EL BURITO
30th November 2006, 01:59 AM
tell u want a different one then it may have chasie damage

mattywood85
30th November 2006, 01:59 AM
I think it was a case of stupid people. :mad:

mattywood85
30th November 2006, 02:01 AM
I am going to speak to some higher up people.

Noir
30th November 2006, 02:17 AM
Dont accept this car either. Its a painful wait for a new car but better than having a repaired one.

I agree on the stupid people part :rolleyes:

3xion
30th November 2006, 07:25 AM
nice to ahve you hear mate :D

auzvectra
30th November 2006, 07:38 AM
welcolm, and the 88 is part opel, the motor is opel :D.

sri guy
30th November 2006, 07:01 PM
aloha welcome to opelaus

mattywood85
1st December 2006, 12:46 AM
Thankyou for the welcomes stil no news on the arrival. :P

btm
1st December 2006, 09:35 AM
a newbie and he is already bring across new members... top work tiger! :clap: :clap:

Dee
1st December 2006, 02:42 PM
welcome :D enjoy your time here

hope to see you out soon

15 NOX
1st December 2006, 05:32 PM
a newbie and he is already bring across new members... top work tiger! :clap: :clap:

Hey now :) ... don't flatter him too much, or he'll be more smug than usual ;)

mattywood85
5th December 2006, 11:09 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I have an arrival update for you all. I have changed cars I am now getting an MY07 CDX I did my block at the dealership today I got sick of waiting. I wanted the new Pea**** colour but they wouldnt give me one lol So I am still going for the silver one.

Cheers Matt

15 NOX
5th December 2006, 11:17 PM
...And about time too!

:D

mattywood85
7th December 2006, 05:50 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen boys and girls,

My baby arrives tomrrow stay tuned for some photos :)

mattywood85
9th December 2006, 01:03 AM
The lady has arrived now how do I post a pic?

Cheers Matt

Tfer
9th December 2006, 05:25 AM
Hey mattywood85, whilst I am not an expert on these matters by far, the following are useful sites

http://photobucket.com

www.tinypic.com (http://www.tinypic.com)

http://imageshack.us

Good luck and look forward to seeing the pics of your new girl :)

Dav SRi
9th December 2006, 06:16 AM
Hope you have fun!

CJB
9th December 2006, 10:15 AM
Hey guys and gals,

I have an arrival update for you all. I have changed cars I am now getting an MY07 CDX I did my block at the dealership today I got sick of waiting. I wanted the new Pea**** colour but they wouldnt give me one lol So I am still going for the silver one.

Cheers Matt
Was leather an option?

mattywood85
10th December 2006, 02:51 AM
Leather was and Option but I didnt want it.

Ishley
10th December 2006, 11:03 AM
Leather was and Option but I didnt want it.
WHAT :eek: you didnt want leather!!! tisk tisk tisk :)

CJB
10th December 2006, 11:18 AM
Ash, not all people want leather. :p

I didn't... until I got it :D

mattywood85
10th December 2006, 10:17 PM
Well you slip and slide all over the place when you have sex or drive really fast. I cant get grip. :)

auzvectra
11th December 2006, 07:37 AM
thate not exactly true :). leather is very grippy on bare skin :D.
the astra's seat are sporty enough to hold you round corners.

CJB
11th December 2006, 10:01 AM
I will agree - both seats in our Astra's hold you in :D

Janelle
11th December 2006, 11:33 AM
I will agree - both seats in our Astra's hold you in :D
Welcome!!! And good to see another Q'lander! And yes, Tfer is right.... we will take over the world!!!! lol....

Too much info Crispy!!!

mattywood85
11th December 2006, 09:06 PM
Well I have a pic on this thing small I know but we have all seen a base model Astra CDX berfore. For some it has been a long time. So there is my child. I know the leather in the statesman doesnt hold you in :) 15 NOX can confirm this.

Hope you all like my little lady Is there any name suggestions? I cant think of one. Best name gets a kiss off me.

Cheers Matt

low astra
11th December 2006, 09:14 PM
Hope you all like my little lady Is there any name suggestions? I cant think of one. Best name gets a kiss off me.

Cheers Matt

haha well my cars names always been Betsy, or on bad days " U STUPID PILE OF ****" so there taken dont use them hahah

Tfer
12th December 2006, 08:34 AM
Well I have a pic on this thing small I know but we have all seen a base model Astra CDX berfore. For some it has been a long time. So there is my child. I know the leather in the statesman doesnt hold you in :) 15 NOX can confirm this.

Cheers Matt

Aha Australian leather is no where near as good as the European stuff (climate, insects, etc)... my last two Veccys have had leather and will never ever go back ;)

Name..... kiss.... hmmm, no suggestions from me ;)

mattywood85
12th December 2006, 07:02 PM
Also the dealer wanted to charge me $2000 for the leather. I am thinking I will have to watvh gone in 60 seconds again to get a name.

15 NOX
13th December 2006, 12:59 AM
Here is Matt's pride and joy... minus the crap on the floor of my garage
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/AphroditeSky/mattscarsmall.jpg
*Jenelle