PDA

View Full Version : Take Caution

Thaiger
27th November 2006, 04:57 PM
I had a great night with my girl in the city on saturday night and on the way back to the carpark i had noticed that the front passenger window was down. I questioned my girlfriend because i throught she might have left it unwound, but i usaully always check before i lock the door. As we got closer my fears began to rise and i knew exactly what had happened. The result - my girlfriends bag gone (fortunately she had the neccessities on her), my 2 month old GPS gone, blaupunkt deck gone (the rare occasion that i had left it attached), my ray ban sunnies gone, and my brand new armani cologne gone. The GPS & Sunnies were all in the glovebox and i have tinted windows so i have no idea how they could have seen a black bag considering the upholstery of the car is also black. All up $1700 gone down the tube, plus the repairs on the window.

One clean break of the glass, with hardly any of the residual shatter falling on the outside of the car. No doubt a pro, who is accustomed to a smash and grab, bloody bastards!

I notified the security attendents at the car park and the entire time all they could say is that we are not liable for loss of goods... at the time i didn't care, all i was after was some good advice, they didn't even have the number for the local cop shop, even though one guy commented that there had been numerous thefts at the same car park. I finally placed a police assistance report and since then nothing. They didn't even send out a unit since it wasn't common procedure for this sought of incident. The car park didnt even assist or allow me to use any of thier facilities to clean the glass... how useless. So i'll name and shame. Harbourside carpark Pyrmont. Don't ever use this carpark, they have no footage and no security officers on patrol despite the rise in incidents. I bet one of the staff were involved.

Just a word of warning, be sure to hide all signs of possesions, (probably common sense), but these guys knew the car hadn't been alarmed (no alarm in the factory vectra). Make sure if you have comprehensive insurance as i do, to cover contents, i have lost a GPS system to the value of $1100, stereo unit and sunnies. Also keep an eye out for any suss people looking at you and make sure you remove all your visible stuff way before you park your car, i had the GPS on and placed it in the golvebox when i had parked. I was in a bit of a rush too, so i didn't pay much attention.

All up a valuable experience, i have now learnt that people cant be trusted. For the cops to allow this to continually occur is beyond me, they are basically invinsible because no one cares and they will continue to screw people over.

low astra
27th November 2006, 05:09 PM
i hate those sad little ****s that break into parked cars,

id rather they car jack me, that way i know who they are, bloody lowlife scum

Noir
27th November 2006, 05:32 PM
It surprises me that people still leave bags/valuables in cars...temptation for the low life!

I am sorry this happened to you and I hope insurance comes to the party. I agree its important to know your cover, and more importantly alarms still have a purpose - they protect what your immobiliser does not!

JR
27th November 2006, 08:27 PM
crrap!!! dat 5UX big time!!! sorry dude - cause of some stupid idiot, u've been screwed around!!!

was ur car deadlocked? i know astras can b deadlocked, don't know bout the vectras

i know its not going to stop them, but it makes difficult for them, if they have to climb in through the windows to get to things.

yeah.....never leave anything in da car.
they'll break into the car -regardless, but its upto us whether they "score" or not.

MK
27th November 2006, 09:01 PM
sorry to hear about your loss...

i have to agree and really believe that the security guards could be involved in this...i am not accusing but this is something i know first hand from Poland... looks like this is now happening in Australia :(

MK
27th November 2006, 09:04 PM
please understand that this is not something Police can do much about...look at the response and assistance you received from the security guards (hopeless and unprofessional)
when it comes to break and entry into a car on a private parking lot, police are usually helpless since security guards (and company owning the car park lot) have no idea what is going on on their own premises...

oneightoo
27th November 2006, 11:10 PM
i have parked there before, i was very nervous, the car park is very sketchy, unfortunatley there was no where else fr me to park that night.. sucks to hear about that bud.. i only park my car where it's in view of a lot of people or secure parking lots now..

InsaneAsylum
28th November 2006, 12:48 AM
break ins suck, especially cleaning the broken glass out of your car... an of coursem the stolen items.

when you say "city" which city are we talking about?

Misguidedangel
28th November 2006, 06:45 AM
Pyrmont = Sydney

Blue_Dvl
28th November 2006, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear that, jelous brats. It suprises me that there are still carparks without CCTV.

But thats one thing i was quite shocked at when i got my astra home from the dealer. No lock on the glovebox.............

JohnBu
29th November 2006, 02:10 PM
Sorry to hear that, jelous brats. It suprises me that there are still carparks without CCTV.

But thats one thing i was quite shocked at when i got my astra home from the dealer. No lock on the glovebox.............

havent seen a lock on the glovebox in ages..

anyway, if they have broken into your car, they will also break your glovebox when fitted with a lock.

MatsHolden
29th November 2006, 06:28 PM
Locks only keep the honest people out...

PaulyJ
30th November 2006, 11:05 PM
Lowlife scum of the earth!
They should be hung by their balls from a tree!

Apex
1st December 2006, 08:37 AM
:mad: Sad news mate, scum of the earth people that buy stolen goods and support thieving mongrels.

My brothers car was stolen from a car park (Botany town center) not so long ago, and what pissed him off more so than the fact his pride and joy (Legacy GT-B) was gone was that the seven security guards on duty as well a video surveillance crew saw and heard nothing, as they were all on smoko in the same place at the same time, and when they saw he was upset the laughed at him! I suppose if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, sad sad sad.

My two cents.

Takes a deep breath and counts to ten…..gets back to work!:)

paper girl
1st December 2006, 09:42 AM
That sucks, my old car got broken into and my whole stereo taken a week after it was put in at a shopping centre, the security guards though were really helpful as i worked in the centre and made their coffee every morning! Needless to say the next install was done with pop-rivets, and when it came to take the stereo out of that car to sell, it took us 2 hours to get the pop rivets out

DirtyHarry
1st December 2006, 03:42 PM
mate pop rivets are easy.
just drill through them.

paper girl
1st December 2006, 03:54 PM
not these ones, they wouldnt drill through, i think we stuffed them putting them in.

Mr T
1st December 2006, 03:58 PM
Some time the stem breaks off to high, so the drill can't get in there properly...

Sheer the heads off with a chissel...Gone in 2 seconds...!!!

rjastra
4th December 2006, 10:54 AM
Alarms are not the answer.

They could have been in and out of your car before any would take any notice. And the fact is that no one takes any notice of car alarms anymore.

Don't leave valuables in your car. Leave the glovebox and ashtray OPEN. They are then less likely to break in and try seraching for stuff.