PDA

View Full Version : Engine lights ON!!! HELP :D

mr_sikma
21st November 2006, 06:57 PM
Hey,

Today i drove my car to work this morning and my airbag light was on!

Then about 1km down the road the engine spanner light came on and i noticed that my speedo wasnt working.

Took the car to Holdens under warranty and they plugged the Tech thing in and it showed a problem, with the speed sensor or something.

The didnt really wana touch it until i remove my deck and neons that I have fitted so its def there fault and not mine!!!

On the way home the airbag light was on but engine light wasnt on straight away and the speedo wasnt working and i noticed the kms clock wasnt working either. after about a km the engine light come back on.

the car is in the garage now with the battery terminal off.

anything else i should do?

whats the paper clip test?

jase

Turblue
21st November 2006, 07:23 PM
I so wish people would get over the "paper clip" thing. The only proper way to reset the ECU is with a diagnostic tool. The only proper way to read the faults off our ECU's is with a Tech2. Elm tools do not cut here.

If your airbag light is on, that indicates a fault that needs to be looked at. Resetting the ECU does not magically solve all problems. It's not Windows XP..!!!

Get it looked at properly. Do not guess. Do not short out the ECU with a paper clip.

sparks
21st November 2006, 07:30 PM
If your car is under wty then return to the gmh dealership to diagnose the car.There is no other way around this issue guessing will get you no where.Remember if the air bag light is on means it wont deploy in an accident!

EL BURITO
21st November 2006, 07:33 PM
have u mounted any thing under your seat thou mate u may have to remove those as well befor u take it back to get seen too

mr_sikma
21st November 2006, 07:57 PM
all i have is 2 neons under my speakers in the rear using the boot light wiring,

pionner deck with plugs

new front and rear speakers using factory wiring.

so really i dont see any of my things causing an issue???

i have my battery off for now, is that a good idea?

EL BURITO
21st November 2006, 08:00 PM
well it isnt going to hurt any thing may not make any thing better as TruBlue said but its not like its is going to damadge any thing, cant see it hurting it

sparks
21st November 2006, 08:02 PM
Disconnecting your battery wont fix anything..Take to the dealer let them have the headache...

mr_sikma
21st November 2006, 08:10 PM
ive taken it to the dealer and they want me to remove the non factory items to prove its warranty and not my fault.

i just cant see how i could have caused it???

any ideas?

Noir
21st November 2006, 08:32 PM
Holden will try anything to get out of a warranty claim. I cant see that any thing you have done would have caused a problem.

Dont worry - I am in the same boat right now with my Astra. Yet to have it tested with the tech 2 but I am sure they will use the excuse of recented modifications.

mr_sikma
21st November 2006, 09:08 PM
yeah it seems fair enough that would wana get out of a warranty claim, and prob after seeing mine drive in they would assume that i prob f*cked it!

is yours under warranty? if so, why were they gonna charge you for the tech 2?

Noir
21st November 2006, 09:11 PM
is yours under warranty? if so, why were they gonna charge you for the tech 2?

No I have had my car for over 6 years now. $90 they quoted at the local dealership. :rolleyes: I doubt they would ever want to give me anything under warranty ever again...even the recent replacement parts with a 1 year warranty.

mr_sikma
21st November 2006, 09:19 PM
they put mine on the tech2 but it was at the end of the day and they said bring it back but we want your deck out for some reason?

and they didnt want to scratch my painted interior bits!

so my neons in the boot are d/connected, rear speakers are also. deck is out and battery was d/connected for a few hours which did nothing!

and i checked all the small blade fuses.

so off to holdens 2mrw morining.

they better not try and tell me i did anything wrong, coz the only wires that have been cut are the front and rear speaker wires so the factory plugs could come off!!!

MK
21st November 2006, 10:24 PM
yes, take it back to Holden...one thing you have to understand that Holden are probably following a company policy and procedure.
i think that in order to serv you better and help you as best as they can, they need to concentrate on the car in the state of "factory standard" - that's why you wree asked to remove all "non standard" items...this way you will help Holden in analysing and recifying the fault without any "non standard" parts\items installed.

i hear your pain, honestly...but the best thing at the moment is for you to remove all the items Holden asked you to and return the car asap... this way you will avoid any damage to your car and most of all any danger to you or your passengers lifes.

like Turblue said above...a "reboot" of Win XP might help, but for how long untill you have to reformat the whole drive? :)

i hope this helps a little...even if i sound like a parent :)

ultim8DTM5
21st November 2006, 10:27 PM
If you really don't want to remove your stereo or your neons - go to another dealer. It's not difficult.

MatsHolden
21st November 2006, 10:40 PM
If you really don't want to remove your stereo or your neons - go to another dealer. It's not difficult.

And then if they have to remove any non standard items for one reason or another and cause some damage then who's going to be complaining then? Jase, as Marcin said, just do what they've told you and they are more than likely just following a policy to cover their asses.

EL BURITO
22nd November 2006, 12:00 AM
when i had the clips release clips on the rear seats repaired under warranty i had to remove every thing fro the boot. it was a pain but then again how would i have been if they had broke any of my audio equipment, then again i do remove my deck and the fuses from the audio power wire when it gos in for a service, its not time intensive

mr_sikma
22nd November 2006, 09:22 PM
yeah took it back there today with stereo etc d/c...

they want it back 2mrw and still keep saying, we cant guarantee its covered by warantee!?!

none of the stuff i ahve had done could cause any problems, especially as none have been done recently.

i am guessing they would have to be able to prove that something i had done caused they problem, for it not to be covered by waranty?

Noir
22nd November 2006, 09:29 PM
You would be surprised just what they will say to cover their own butts. :liar:

nadg63
22nd November 2006, 09:42 PM
Give us a clue as to which adelaide dealer is giving you the run-around!

I'm in Adelaide and there are a couple of dealers that will never see my car due to previous experience.

mr_sikma
23rd November 2006, 07:41 PM
Give us a clue as to which adelaide dealer is giving you the run-around!

I'm in Adelaide and there are a couple of dealers that will never see my car due to previous experience.

they are loacted in the same place as the holden plant ;)

they didnt really give me a run around, just tried to cover their ass*s incase it cost me $$$.

after 3 days of hard diagnosing it was... (WAIT FOR IT)

a blown fuse :D

they didnt charge me atleast, imagine all the labour for them to find it, would have cost me a bit as fuses arent warranty.

and no it wasnt a fuse under the bonnet as that was the 1st thing i checked b4 taking it there!

oh well, all sorted now ;)