PDA

View Full Version : (EOI) 2.2L Astra Sri tuning Z22SEL

auzvectra
21st November 2006, 08:25 AM
ok, trying to wiegh up the cost of a new very expesive module, which will give us the capapbility to tune the Sri Astra, most likely the Convertible also, as it's the same motor and ecu (i beleive).
it will also let us tune the 2.6L vectra, and the 2.5L vectra.
we wont know if it does the other vectra's till we get the module, as it isnt very descriptive in it's explanation.

so how many of you would be interested in a tune on the Astra Sri/convertible 2.2L?
or the above mentioned vectra's?
this is realy the deciding factor for the module, as it is very pricey, if we can get enough interest, then we may go for it.

please state, what car, motor, and state.

interest generated:
01: Btm - NSW
02: Hott_for_you - VIC
03: Nutter - NSW
04: Kate_sri - QLD
05: Nem - NT
06: Get_nalied - WA
07. IAMHAPPY46 - NSW (north)

Reveiw- http://opelaus.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237407&postcount=51
added to- http://opelaus.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252222&postcount=59
Another Member- http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showpost.php?p=363554&postcount=193

btm
21st November 2006, 08:48 AM
i would be interested, depending on the work that would be being carried out

Astra SRi 2.2L, Sydney

auzvectra
21st November 2006, 06:00 PM
please explain "depending on the work carried out"?
as in, gains, whats changed, ect....?

CNBLU
21st November 2006, 06:47 PM
:dance: as i have already mentioned to wayne i am very interested.

2.2 SRI Melbourne

auzvectra
21st November 2006, 09:57 PM
ok, we are working on APPROXIMATE power gains for the tune to help gather interest.

Noir
21st November 2006, 10:25 PM
Owners of a 2.2 would be crazy not to jump at this opportunity!

I know I would if I had one :(

auzvectra
21st November 2006, 10:46 PM
hey noir, i forgot, what motor u got, 1.8L right?
Z18XE, X18XE?
actually beta pm me, dont wanna spam my own thread :).

NUTTTR
23rd November 2006, 02:23 PM
I might be.... depending on cost, naturally.

Would you re-load it for free if the dealer (assuming the fools do it) wipe it off the ECU?

2.2 Astra Sydney...

auzvectra
23rd November 2006, 06:12 PM
same as the turbo 1, the original person that flashed it, would be able to reflash it for free, but cant promise untill the reasearch is complete.

ultim8DTM5
23rd November 2006, 06:47 PM
Remember Barina SRi also has Z18XE.

Kate_SRI
23rd November 2006, 06:56 PM
2001 2.2i SRi Astra - Z22SE

very interested! what gains and how much?

Nem
24th November 2006, 12:31 AM
I'm interested. I've got a 2001 SRi 2.2.

WLD-18L
25th November 2006, 04:22 PM
can it tune 1.8L ?

Noir
25th November 2006, 04:25 PM
can it tune 1.8L ?

No.

We are patiently waiting for the 1.8 but it is a huge expense for the guys to buy the software to do it.

They havent forgotten about us though ;)

auzvectra
26th November 2006, 12:42 AM
i should start a 1.8L thread :).
so far we have come to 5 Z18xe files, all different, and 1 X18XE file.
so if you have a 1.8L, if you want a tune or not, get it to some1 that has a module, and get us the file (wayne or myself) please :).
i will start a thread, but tomorrow, not tonite, time for bed :(

WLD-18L
26th November 2006, 08:24 PM
i would be up for it on my 1.8 L for sure. i have a lot of questions to ask about the whole process tho

auzvectra
26th November 2006, 09:27 PM
http://opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=169775#post169775

okay, 1.8L thread started.

Get Nailed
27th November 2006, 02:04 AM
I'm also interested....Astra SRI 2.2 2003

Kate_SRI
27th November 2006, 08:18 PM
BUMP

so whats happening???? lol

auzvectra
27th November 2006, 10:01 PM
patience is a virtue :P
we are talking a lot of money here, these things take time.

auzvectra
23rd January 2007, 10:41 PM
time to wake this thread too, as this tune runs the same module as the veccy b V6's.
things look good for the tune on the 2.2L sri now, so interested people, now is the time to speak :).

CNBLU
24th January 2007, 09:38 AM
so does this mean we have the green light or just about????

Turblue
24th January 2007, 10:28 AM
Yes... time to pull fingers from butts....

Flash tools will be ordered today if all goes well. Testing will start as soon as we get them from OS.

I anticipate that the tune will cost:

- $650 without a flash tool.

Cost of a kit with tool will make this option too expensive for release.

This is a different car than the Zlets, so don't compare costs. If you believe that the cost is too high for you, that's fair enough. Sorry, we're not running a free service. A lot of time and expense is invested to bring chiptuning to OA members. The costs involved per car are quite high.

If you are interested, then please add yourself to this thread.

iamhappy46
25th January 2007, 01:13 PM
Sounds great. So is that $650 to upload a known good base tune with dyno time required to fine tune the mapping at owners request?

Is it a mail order tune setup or do we need to visit you?

I can possibly arrange for us to come to the Goldcoast if that is what is required.

Turblue
25th January 2007, 02:05 PM
At this point, it will be a good known base tune. There will be no dyno option. There will be no tools sold with this tune, you will have to visit one of our Agents in your state. QLD has Auzvectra as the Agent.

You must understand, that the outlay per car's file is quite high. This does not allow much room to move costwise. We do not have software to alter the files ourselves. This is in excess of $3000 to purchase. Sorry, but I'm not putting myself and my Agents into debt only to make $50 per car. You might get it cheap, but we wear the pain for a couple of years trying to recover our outlay. I do not consider that smart business.

Now, the deal with other cars will not be the same. It will cost more. All being good, still great value. The zlet is a special case which allowed us to charge a really low amount. The costs involved were thankfully reasonable. Unfortunately, we are now faced with a situation where each car needs to be read, modified overseas and remapped. This is simply expensive.

Believe it or not, I have not made a massive amount of money here, as I have charged very little for the Zlet map. In reality way less than I should have. Considering that Powerchip charge $900+ for them to map your car, and QSZ charge $1400+. I sell the same service for $400. And if you buy a kit for $600, you get a tool and three files to choose from. When you consider this, the deal is the best value for money you can get for the Zlet.

I run Hold on Tight like the forums. The money received is used to further develop tuning solutions for OA people. We have done our homework, and continue to do so to try and bring a genuine and affordable mod to the people of OpelAus.

Simple economics.

Sounds great. So is that $650 to upload a known good base tune with dyno time required to fine tune the mapping at owners request?

Is it a mail order tune setup or do we need to visit you?

I can possibly arrange for us to come to the Goldcoast if that is what is required.

blueraven
25th January 2007, 02:22 PM
Word.

:D

iamhappy46
25th January 2007, 02:35 PM
I have no complaints about the money(I just spent $500 on a known good base tune flash upgrade on my VY SS with no dyno time) as I know that is quite good value.

So I assume that flashing the ECU with a new program will mean it cannot be tuned in real time, which is all I wanted to confirm. We were just looking at Extractors and full exhaust so thought it might be worth having a custom program to suit but a generic item for $650 is quite good, especially without much aftermarket support in Australia for these engines.

Let us know when I can get it done in the Gold Coast and I would potentially be the first one through the door.

auzvectra
25th January 2007, 03:09 PM
ok we will do, the modules are ordered and on their way, so we'll go from there, will be a week atleast i would say.

auzvectra
30th January 2007, 09:23 PM
update:
ok the module's have arrived, so testing will begin this weekend, more then likely sunday at the qld photoshoot :).

Turblue
31st January 2007, 07:59 PM
Update to the update....

First 2.2L has been successfully read.!!!!! :dance:

We need a few more cars !!!!

Nem
1st February 2007, 09:13 PM
Update to the update....
First 2.2L has been successfully read.!!!!! :dance:
We need a few more cars !!!!

ME! Pick ME! Me! Me! Me! Me! Meeeeeeeeeee!!

:)
Ben

iamhappy46
18th March 2007, 09:42 PM
Any updates?

What were the gains made or still looking for more guinea pigs?

auzvectra
18th March 2007, 11:10 PM
this hasnt gone any further yet, we are still waiting for some more people, so we can read their ecu's.
so any more people around with sri's near wayne or myself, come are see us so we can read your ecu.
i havent had much of a chance to get out with my car off the road, so i havent had a chance to read any more.

daaaaavek
19th March 2007, 07:45 AM
Is it feasible for either of you to bring some kit to Sydney at all? There are a few 2.2 SRi's (including myself) kicking about Sydney and I'm sure all would be glad to help. Failing that I can always schedule a long weekend and go for a drive to the Gold Coast to see my brother.

auzvectra
19th March 2007, 10:20 AM
shame, i drove thru sydney last nite.

Huhness
13th June 2007, 06:55 PM
So whats happening with this i'm keen to have a go with it!

Whats the deal if the ECU is wiped for whatever reason? and has anyone had it done to their car yet? Whats it like now?

auzvectra
13th June 2007, 10:17 PM
will be chatting to dave this weekend regarding getting his done, but there isnt 1 done as yet ;).
and i'll be heading thru sydney in september :), onthe way to the snow :D.

daaaaavek
13th June 2007, 10:48 PM
saturday arvo maybe .. ?

btm
14th June 2007, 01:43 AM
keep me updated ;)

Huhness
14th June 2007, 09:48 AM
will be chatting to dave this weekend regarding getting his done, but there isnt 1 done as yet ;).
Awesome put me down for a tune if all goes well!

iamhappy46
15th June 2007, 02:30 PM

As per my PM from a few weeks ago. I should be in Qld in a few weeks staying near the airport, most likely late July. Your welcome to read my girlfriends ECU then :dance:

Huhness
15th June 2007, 04:40 PM
Why do you need to read the ECU? when your in NSW i'm sure we could get 4-5 SRi's ready to have their ECUs read if this is what we need to get the ball rolling!

auzvectra
15th June 2007, 05:18 PM
it's for research purposes ;), gives an idea of how many differnt versions of software there are in them.
dave when ever your ready, u have my number ;).
when do you get up here?

MiksOpel
20th June 2007, 11:58 AM
Im in Sydney, I have an SRi 2.2, if you want to read the ecu whilst comming through in sept that'll be fine.

auzvectra
20th June 2007, 05:05 PM
yeah will do, thinking me might even do a stop over on sat nite insydney to meet up with every1 instead of a drive thru.

btm
20th June 2007, 05:24 PM
i'm assuming the work voids warranty?

auzvectra
20th June 2007, 05:36 PM
IF they can find it they may, but it is unlikely.

daaaaavek
20th June 2007, 07:26 PM
that's if you admitted to having it done .. i would just plead ignorant

auzvectra
20th June 2007, 07:59 PM
^^ yep best way, whats a remap :D.

MiksOpel
20th June 2007, 11:35 PM
yeah will do, thinking me might even do a stop over on sat nite insydney to meet up with every1 instead of a drive thru.

If we take you out for dinner, will you give us a discount? jk. :)
I'll try and keep Saturday free, it shouldn't be a problem.

daaaaavek
24th June 2007, 01:24 AM
Here is the post I'm sure quite a few lurkers have been waiting for.

My ecu was re-mapped 5 days ago by Auzvectra - we believe it's the first z22se in Aus to get the new map. The process took about 30 minutes to read the ecu and upload the new file and for entertainment Matt towed a couple of tree stumps about with a Corsa (heehee).

After loading the new map we went for a test drive. I can't say I noticed an immediate improvement, but over the course of the next few days the car slowly started improving a little with each day. Today though it really took off and IMHO now feels like a 2.2 should - very responsive, excellent mid-range torque with plenty in reserve. The engine really springs to life at 3500 rpm and just continues to get better until about 6000 rpm. I went for a blast around Mt Tambourine earlier tonight and HOLY CRAP it's fast now. :eek:

Now I don't want to put anyone off by saying this (and I hope Matt and Wayne don't mind) but to avoid disappointment it's probably not advisable to do this on a fully stock 2.2. To really unleash a lot of the engine's full potential the following mods should be done in conjunction with (and ideally before) the re-map:

* de-restrict the air box (removing both top and bottom pipes)
* fit K&N panel filter
* Vectra C intake tube
* minimum 2.25" cat-back straight through exhaust
* remove pre-cat
* make sure your brakes/tyres are 100% (I'm not kidding!)

I'd hate for someone to shell out getting the re-map on a stock Astra and not have the same experience I had - it's probably one of the more dollar intensive mods you can make before resorting things like cams, headers etc.. (or ditching the whole car and buying a turbo :p ). One thing I am working on at the moment is reducing the air intake temp as much as possible to get some denser air into the engine and provide a few more BHP.

So, to sum it all up: awww shit yeah! :D

auzvectra
24th June 2007, 09:25 PM
always good to see a happy customer.
and waht else can you do with an unregistered rally inspired car, but yard work on acerage ;).
was pulling trees down with it on the weekend :), it actually spins 2 wheels, not neccesarily an lsd, but maybe???

iamhappy46
25th June 2007, 09:49 AM
Sounds very promising :D

Can the traction control be turned off or atleast reduce its effects?

We have Yoko C.Drives on the front with rear swaybar, castor bushes, camber bolts and DBA discs, so it should make it a much more exciting drive with new found power.

Where do people buy their Vectra C intake tubes? I had no luck finding any :confused:

daaaaavek
25th June 2007, 10:09 AM
The traction control can be turned off by fitting a switch.
http://www.astraownersclub.com/documents/technical/tcswitch.pdf

Let me know fi that link doesn't work.

iamhappy46
25th June 2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks, I found it :D

The Vectra C intake conversion looks simple as well.

CNBLU
25th June 2007, 07:49 PM
congratulations daaaavek hope you have fun with your new toy hehe and welcome to the world of re-flashing courtesy of matt and wayne...lol:clap:

daaaaavek
10th September 2007, 09:32 PM
*bump* so is anyone else going to give this a go?

btm
11th September 2007, 09:09 AM
i'm was keen... but you just put me off with the comment about the non-modded rest of my SRi... hmmm

daaaaavek
12th September 2007, 10:24 PM
Hmm ok well maybe I should have kept quiet ;)

If you get the re-map - even on a non-modded standard Astra - you should still feel a noticeable improvement. All I was trying to say is to get the *most* benefit from a re-map all the other mods probably need to be done. They are all fairly cheap to do (except for the exhaust of course). Even without the re-map, removing the pre-cat and de-restricting the air intake makes a huge improvement. The 2.2's are very restricted out of the factory...

I only said what I said in case someone else got it done and their experience didn't match up with what I'd written, that's all.

iamhappy46
8th November 2007, 12:43 AM
Well, I am heading to Queensland around Christmas time so it looks like my girlfriends Astra will be getting a remap from auzvectra. Will PM to organise a date and time that suits and let everybody know the results on an otherwise stock Astra. I am still betting good gains to be made :)

auzvectra
8th November 2007, 08:12 PM
will certainly be looking forward to it ;).

KEEVERS
9th May 2008, 01:51 PM
Wayne,

Ive still got my 2.2. Induction Kit, Headers, 2" Straight through exhaust and Cold Air intake are alll there.

Lets talk.

(cant believe I missed the start of this thread!)

auzvectra
9th May 2008, 06:20 PM
wayne will need to contacted direct if you are in his area.