PDA

View Full Version : White or Hyper Silver wheels

xplosv57
19th November 2006, 06:00 PM
Hey peoples, because im keeping the Astra for a little while longer now, ive decided to chuck a set of rims on it!!! I wanted Lenso Algis rims but theyre supposedly not available anymore so ive gone for the HR racing 125s cos theyre neat looking and are easy to clean LOL!!!! Anyways i got 1 problem, the wheels are available in 5 diff colours and i can't decide between White and Hyper silver!!!! Heres a pic of my car and of the new wheels, pls tell me what u think i should do??

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/Steven001.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/HR125hypersilver.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/HR125white.jpg

digifish
19th November 2006, 07:42 PM
Hey peoples, because im keeping the Astra for a little while longer now, ive decided to chuck a set of rims on it!!!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/HR125hypersilver.jpg

Definitely silver, classy...and probably easier to keep clean :)

digifish

EL BURITO
19th November 2006, 07:45 PM
white, different. more sporty.

MatsHolden
19th November 2006, 08:00 PM
I'm with digifish. Probably get sick of white and they can make cars look like Scalextric cars! lol

EAK33Y
19th November 2006, 08:43 PM
Not White

I find it hard enough to keep my Chromies clean

Blue_Dvl
19th November 2006, 09:23 PM
hey xplosive i was chasing a set of white rims but Tyre Factory said none available for astra.

What place did you source those from?? also do they come in 17 or 18"???

sorry, back on topic..... with a black car definately the Hyper Silver color.

Lt Ketch
19th November 2006, 09:53 PM
Silver!

EL BURITO
19th November 2006, 10:21 PM
they are a 4x100 fit not the 5 stud

Wraith
20th November 2006, 09:49 AM
IMHO hands down without a doubt - Hyper Silver !!!

Will look better with your cars colour than white and 'long term' it will always look good and never date ;)

Also easier to keep clean and it will hide dirt/brake dust much better than white !!!

Leave the white rims alone for all the rice burners out there :D

Janelle
20th November 2006, 09:59 AM
ditto... def silver!

low astra
20th November 2006, 11:22 AM
yeh silver, dun wanna look to boy racer

JohnBu
20th November 2006, 11:27 AM
Silver all the way..

or that gun metal grey colour the Renault Clio Sports Cup uses... would help hide the brake dust!!

Tfer
20th November 2006, 11:30 AM
Definitely the silver... although jimeegee's astra turbo (arden blue) has huge ****e wheels, and it looks great :) But I think for your colour astra, go the silver. ;) Great design choice by the way :cool:

Noir
20th November 2006, 11:32 AM
I'm with digifish. Probably get sick of white and they can make cars look like Scalextric cars! lol

ditto. White looks best on white cars. Stick with the silver.

Black not an option? :p

Blue_Dvl
20th November 2006, 04:22 PM
they are a 4x100 fit not the 5 stud

oh.... that sux

xplosv57
20th November 2006, 06:30 PM
Hmmmm i think its a hands down win to hyper silver!!! BlueDvl these wheels are from Motorsport wheels and tyres www.mswt.com.au (http://www.mswt.com.au) check there for sizes im getting 18s, mine are 4 stud like mentioned above, i heard 5 stud astra wheels are much harder to come by!! Oh and by the way the car is actually green not black LOL although many of my friends also confuse it with black most of the time!!!

JR
20th November 2006, 08:17 PM
well its quite obvious dat silver it is.

but if ur feeling brave, n wanna b different - go the white. how many astras have u seen with white wheels?

but i recommend u don't.

xplosv57
20th November 2006, 08:27 PM
how many astras have u seen with white wheels?

Well i was gonna put 18in white rims on the car when i first bought it but then this guy i know got the exact rims on his Astra that i was gonna get so i threw that idea out the window, id rather get a different colour and a different design to him which is why ill go for the HR125s in hyper silver!!!

Wraith
21st November 2006, 08:42 AM
18's in hyper silver - well done excellent choice ;)

I've got a set of 18's in hyper silver on my red Cali - can't go wrong with this size and colour on most cars :)

Glad to see you also opted for 18's and not smaller, they will look great :)

3xion
22nd November 2006, 07:30 AM
i like the silver better im not a fan of either though
but surely there is better rims out there for the beast ..

in saying that im not the one you need to impress :)

MatsHolden
22nd November 2006, 10:47 AM
i like the 5 spoke Steve. Simple but great visual impact and classy.

Wraith
22nd November 2006, 12:44 PM
Yes very true Mat and also with a typical 5 spoke design in hyper silver - it'll always look good and never date ;)

IMO some of these more exotic styles in way out colours or chrome will go out of fashion in time.

xplosv57
22nd November 2006, 06:54 PM
i like the silver better im not a fan of either though
but surely there is better rims out there for the beast ..

in saying that im not the one you need to impress :)

Yeah a few of my friends have said the same thing but i like them because theyre simple, neat and won't get old like alot of wheels these days!!!

I was going to get Lenso Algis rims but theyre not available anymore, also looked at getting Vault Crystals but they really don't suit the car and also was gonna get another design (forgot the name) a while back but a guy i know got the same wheels on his astra so thats out of the question!!

I haven't bought them yet so theres still time to look, any suggestions would be helpful but my budget isn't that big so please consider that!!!

EL BURITO
22nd November 2006, 06:57 PM
have a look at Dissydumbs rims simmerla and look great

EL BURITO
22nd November 2006, 06:58 PM
and rims like mine SUCK to clean absolute bitch **** ****ing things but i still love em

xplosv57
22nd November 2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah ur rims look awesome el burito, suit the car well!! And trust me they can't be as much a bitch to clean than my Jeeps criss cross wheels (similar to a VR Berlina) theyre shocking but don't get dirty often!!!

EL BURITO
22nd November 2006, 07:07 PM
mine really nead cleaned every day, but once a week is exceptable really. glad a got shadow black rather than silver , hides the brake dust better