PDA

View Full Version : Extractor/Hi Flow Cat

WLD-18L
17th November 2006, 06:34 PM
hey iam looking for an extractor and hit flow cat for my astra g 1.8

been looking around and cant find any ?

anyone know of an exhaust shop that sells these items ?

if you have one how much and where from. did yopu see much gain ?

ive got a cat back system on at the moment.

thanks.

PaulyJ
17th November 2006, 07:35 PM
Nothing off the shelf
You'll need to get the extractors made up

WLD-18L
17th November 2006, 08:21 PM
hrm sounds, expensive.

thanks for the tip.

MatsHolden
17th November 2006, 10:55 PM
Should be able to get a high flow cat though.

PaulyJ
18th November 2006, 02:22 AM
CAT? whats a cat?

Noir
18th November 2006, 04:49 AM
My hi flow cat 2 1/4 and custom extractors came to a total of $880.

Apex
18th November 2006, 07:56 AM
Is this question really general discussion?:think:

Will extractors do sweet F.A? Im sure your factory extractors will be doing a good enough job, getting new ones may result in torque loss in the low to mid range i.e. where you want it for 90% of daily driving , why not spent the money elsewhere.

I made the mistake of spending a large amount of money on extractors once, the car was exactly the same speed down the quarter before and after.

Do you want them for aesthetic reasons? Why not chrome plate the Manifold heat shield Bling Bling:p

Gildo
18th November 2006, 12:35 PM
TTEETT, sorry to burst ur bubble, but the extractors (my set atleast) made a 7.3 KW at the wheel differnce,
for a 1.8L thats around a 10% power increase from standard....
so $$$ for KW its very worth it.
and sounds great

WLD-18L
18th November 2006, 12:42 PM
i know what he is saying. if you dont have enuff back presure you lose power. if the exhaust guy knows what he is doing he will make the extractor the right size so that you dont lose to much. i wouldnt think you would gain much KW tho. just a much more responsive engine and maybe a few KW 2 or 3

Apex
18th November 2006, 01:21 PM
TTEETT, sorry to burst ur bubble, but the extractors (my set atleast) made a 7.3 KW at the wheel differnce,
for a 1.8L thats around a 10% power increase from standard....
so $$$ for KW its very worth it.
and sounds great

7.3kw:whistle: …..That’s an awesome improvement, you must have kept that Dyno slip! Why not post your run slip up for us?

Gildo
18th November 2006, 02:28 PM
i have already :)
look at www.bestmufflers.com
all is there
http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Custom%20Systems/custom_exhaust_system_holden%20_barina_sri.htm
sorry was 6.4 kw increase atw (my memory served me wrong)
*note both the dynos were when it was 32 degrees

Noir
18th November 2006, 04:28 PM
I believe it :) I am running mine on a dyno next month to see how the astra fairs :)

EL BURITO
18th November 2006, 04:31 PM
I believe it :) I am running mine on a dyno next month to see how the astra fairs :)
were at? i would be in for that

Noir
18th November 2006, 04:32 PM
CAT? whats a cat?

your pulling my leg yeah? :eh:

MatsHolden
18th November 2006, 06:24 PM
your pulling my leg yeah? :eh:

lol Pauly doesn't believe in them. hahahaha screw the environment

Noir
18th November 2006, 06:45 PM
were at? i would be in for that

I am getting it done when the powerchip is installed. Mind you I wouldnt mind running it before that to see how much difference the exhaust system has made. I guess the man in the know would be Blueraven ;)

lol Pauly doesn't believe in them. hahahaha screw the environment

Performance or enviromental factors? Is he going to trade the Corsa for a smart car? :silenced:

Apex
19th November 2006, 09:45 AM
i have already :)
look at www.bestmufflers.com (http://www.bestmufflers.com)
all is there
http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Custom%20Systems/custom_exhaust_system_holden%20_barina_sri.htm
sorry was 6.4 kw increase atw (my memory served me wrong)
*note both the dynos were when it was 32 degrees

Looks like a gain of 2.5kw at the wheels to me (extractors), witch is good enough.

Did you install a sport cat?

Gildo
19th November 2006, 11:23 AM
yeh sorry i ment 6 atw with the full system (2 1/4 piping)
you wouldnt get the system without larger diameter piping cause then there is all the power till 4 grand then no top end at all, need a happy medium.

yeh i did put in a highflow cat

PaulyJ
20th November 2006, 01:50 AM
Performance or enviromental factors? Is he going to trade the Corsa for a smart car? :silenced:

Performance my love... performance.

SSS_Hoon
20th November 2006, 11:59 AM
TTEETT :D :D

extractors can decrease torque down low and up top it all depends on what you want and get done, you must of got ripped if you did the same time or you didnt do anything else just the xtractors which in my opinion(albeit not worth much apparently) is a waste of time unless you do the full zorst.

anyway to the thread starter, just getting xtractors and a high flow cat might make it sound better and be more responsive in certain areas but i would sugest getting it all done at once, maybe get a cat back zorst and see how that goes first.

i know with my car xtractors and full zorst with high flow cat opened it right up although it is a nissan and a 2l completly different.

you should be able to get a decent zorst shop that can work out with you what you want from it and make it too suit your needs, might be a bit exxy but at least you know what your getting.

SSS_Hoon

Apex
20th November 2006, 12:37 PM
I suppose something I didn’t take into account is how the factory extractors are designed on the Astra 1.8, some standard manifolds are very restrictive.

I already had done the rest of the system before fitting the extractors, but was later informed that the factory extractors (4A-GE) were good for 50% more power than engine produced as stock.. They did look a hell of a lot better than the cast factory item though! :)

SSS_Hoon
20th November 2006, 12:47 PM
I suppose something I didn’t take into account is how the factory extractors are designed on the Astra 1.8, some standard manifolds are very restrictive.

I already had done the rest of the system before fitting the extractors, but was later informed that the factory extractors (4A-GE) were good for 50% more power than engine produced as stock.. They did look a hell of a lot better than the cast factory item though! :)

i think my nissan ones were good for 50% less then factory power hehehe,before i got the system done it would struggle to rev in the higher range but after redline no probs.

and aftermarket do look a lot better also i will say that.

SSS_Hoon

WLD-18L
20th November 2006, 07:12 PM
SSS Hoon i have got a cat back system. it makes it sound good but all the restriction is still there.

looks like its a custom extractor and hi flow cat going in next.

SSS_Hoon
20th November 2006, 07:57 PM
SSS Hoon i have got a cat back system. it makes it sound good but all the restriction is still there.

looks like its a custom extractor and hi flow cat going in next.

ok what size you got?

ask then what they would do and tell them where you want the power and they should be able to help you out, expect to pay for it though.

SSS_Hoon

Dav SRi
9th December 2006, 12:43 PM
How much is it for extractors, hi flow cat system for the Corsa SRi?

Gildo
9th December 2006, 02:32 PM
it all would have to be costom so extractors and highflow car would be around $750
+ the rest of the piping which you will need (2 1/4")
I have pm'd you as i have a highflow cat and piping incliding rear muffler for sale. (extractors rnt included)
.....but xforce is selling in system which they have been having problems with the flange.