PDA

View Full Version : Did you know Holden Frontera is made by Opel???

sunny
17th May 2004, 12:16 PM
learn something new every day

although its not the most popular car ... just something you might not have known ... Holden Frontera is made by Opel :roll:

Degen-Astra
17th May 2004, 12:21 PM
And there is even Irmscher accessories for them to! :wink:

Anonymous
17th May 2004, 12:33 PM
i always thought Isuzu makes and designed it, same as the rodeo..... :?:

sunny
17th May 2004, 12:42 PM
And there is even Irmscher accessories for them to! :wink:

lol you are right :lol:

dazza015
17th May 2004, 01:32 PM
Im with Samvac, Am positive the frontera was made by Isuzu, I know the rodeo is an Isuzu cause I drive one, Im sure in other countries the Frontera is a called an Isuzu rodeo wagon....

After a quick check its an Isuzu...... Probably rebadged as Opel same as Holden rebadges it.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/270000-270999/270488_167_full.jpg

Anonymous
17th May 2004, 05:59 PM
Never Fear I is Here.

The 1st Holden Frontera is a Opel/Vauxhall, The Body Shell is a Isuzu MU(Mysteriuos(Sp) Utility).
But with a North-South Camira 2.0lt.

The Next Model:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/270000-270999/270488_167_full.jpg

Is a Fully Imported Isuzu, 3dr is a MU and the 5dr is MU Wizard
That is Powered by:
2.6 MPI Petrol(Rodeo)
2.8 Turbo Diesel(Rodeo)
3.1 Intercooled Turbo Diesel
3.2 DOHC V6.

Alta Import in Dandenong(Melb.) Sell them as Isuzu MU.

SmellyTofu
18th May 2004, 12:11 PM
Anyone sell the Vehi-cross? I saw one here but I presume it was a personal import from HK.

BoostedAstra
18th May 2004, 01:46 PM
plenty of VX's for sale in QLD smelly...... When I was waiting for my boost controller valve to come in, I was entertaining the idea of buying one...... They are simply THE most awesome 4WD you could buy ( I ended up driftin one particular model thru the suburban streets of springwood around lunchtime on a sat) The looks you get when you have almost two tonne going thru a corner sideways 8) AND they will get off road alot further than the avg 4wd ( I know it sounds bad but thank god for national park forests!)

The only problem i could find with them was the bonnet insert may crack and headlights may leak due to perished rubber.....

Can you tell I'm a big fan of the vehicross?

BA

Jass
18th May 2004, 04:26 PM
Hey boosted astra what have u down to your car?? How much boost are you running??

Anonymous
18th May 2004, 05:10 PM
As BoostedAstra Said.
Plenty VehiCross were sold in QLD, Mainly the Gold Coast.
Most Importers that Brought them in Originally wanted around $50K for a Reg'd Complied Example.
There was 1 in Melb. For Sale and The Owner wanted $80K, Thats a Bit of joke.
When a few Guys from the Isuzu Car Club of Australia went to Japan and could get them for Half the Price and Comply them with Jackeroo/Bighorn(Isuzu Name) Parts.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/181000-181999/181270_3_full.jpg

BoostedAstra
19th May 2004, 12:42 PM
Yea i was lookin at a 99 model for 26k, not too bad considering prices down south....

Jass, my car is pretty much stock bar a cat back exhaust. I have had my SRiT now for bout 10 months (one of the first) the boost controller valve started getting screwing bout 8.5k kms ( i was getting over 1.5bar of boost in 3rd gear for a while. The car then started rough idling, which resulted in my car stalling at almost every set of lights ( Holden did try and blame the install of a boost gauge, they shut up pretty quick when i said ok prove it) I was a lil concerned at modding the car after this happen but as soon as the amd remaps are ready i got a couple grand on the side awaiting..........

Does any other turbo owners get a lil judder thru the peddles? This was really bad with the other valve but recently seems to have settled down, but still happening.....

BA