PDA

View Full Version : RED AH Astra Coupe SRi

MatsHolden
16th November 2006, 04:03 PM
Ok now this has got me stumped... Driving home today past Booran Holden(in Melbourne) and a red beast catches my eye in the new car lot... firstly thinking it was a VXR, but I wasn't so sure... pulled a U'y and drove in for a closer inspection and what do you know, a red SRi Turbo! Considering the only 'official' colours available are Silver, Black and White; it is quite puzzling.

EL BURITO
16th November 2006, 04:04 PM
that is odd but cool

EL BURITO
16th November 2006, 04:05 PM
u should have pulled em over mat.

MatsHolden
16th November 2006, 04:11 PM
u should have pulled em over mat.

It was a brand spanker on display at the dealer mate. I sat in it lol

EL BURITO
16th November 2006, 04:17 PM
thats shows i read every word. i should really wear my glasses. Blacky did say that red was in the new line up but odd they wouldnt show it on the web site.

Geebs
16th November 2006, 04:27 PM
Yep, I bought my VXR from Booran (not long to go!) and out the front, they have a bright red SRI! Looks pretty hot!

MatsHolden
16th November 2006, 04:33 PM
Nice mate. I'm a bit sceptical about this red SRi... especially when it comes to Booran lol. Bad experience.

Geebs
16th November 2006, 04:35 PM
Nice mate. I'm a bit sceptical about this red SRi... especially when it comes to Booran lol. Bad experience.

Shyte what happened? I just bought my car there, picking it up next week.

MatsHolden
16th November 2006, 04:40 PM
Shyte what happened? I just bought my car there, picking it up next week.

Nah you should be right with the VXR, but my old man bought a brand new VX SS from them and we were in Queensland and had to take the car to a dealer up there for a suspension noise from the front end. They put it on the hoist and both front tyres had worn back to the steel belts on the inside and they found that the front end had been resprayed and some components replaced or missing... Turned out that they'd smashed it somewhere along the line and tried to cover it up. Makes sense looking back though because they couldn't find a white SS anywhere and then all of a sudden this one turned up... makes you wonder.

Greg K
16th November 2006, 09:19 PM
pretty cool to see a srit in red.... i only thought the normal sri would come in red. guess you learn something new everyday!

MatsHolden
16th November 2006, 09:23 PM
To tell you the truth, it didn't look as good as black or silver does on the SRi.

Apex
16th November 2006, 10:32 PM
Photographic evidence please! :p

guin83
16th November 2006, 11:55 PM

I have just seen it from carsales.com. It appears to be true. Check out the link.
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=3647886&current_rec=4&total_rec=5&sort_type=1&make_id=10&model_id=12&keyword=TURBO&state_id=2&region_id=104&search_distance=25

MatsHolden
17th November 2006, 12:19 AM

I'll take a photo for all you doubters tomorrow. lol

EL BURITO
17th November 2006, 12:27 AM
i am just puzzled now did it get sent over special or is it hideing somthin like mat surrgested the wrong colour car just dosnt get put on a boat thou

EL BURITO
17th November 2006, 12:28 AM
Mat if u are going back there see if u can open the bonet and get the colour code off the compliance plate

MatsHolden
17th November 2006, 12:33 AM
Mat if u are going back there see if u can open the bonet and get the colour code off the compliance plate

I'll see what I can do...

Apex
17th November 2006, 07:30 AM
Just saw it on the car sales link, (thank you) looks good.

The dealer that sold me mine sounded like Henry Ford, “any colour you like, as long as it’s black”:p

Red AH SRI T
17th November 2006, 09:14 AM
Its like I said a few months ago, AH7 Astra's are now coming through, which means the Introduction of MAGMA RED across the range (except wagons i think) and also Peaco.ck (except on SRI Turbo)

So its not a fluke, or a mistake or a respray :D

Geebs
17th November 2006, 09:45 AM
So red SRI's.

Makes me happier that I chose the blue for my VXR!!! - 4 Sleeps to go!

MatsHolden
17th November 2006, 11:12 AM
Holden should get on the front foot and actually update their site then...

Wraith
17th November 2006, 11:32 AM
Ok now this has got me stumped... Driving home today past Booran Holden(in Melbourne) and a red beast catches my eye in the new car lot... firstly thinking it was a VXR, but I wasn't so sure... pulled a U'y and drove in for a closer inspection and what do you know, a red SRi Turbo! Considering the only 'official' colours available are Silver, Black and White; it is quite puzzling.

Are you sure Mat ??

I go by there every weekend, and up until last weekend, the only red AH there was a VXR.........the same one I posted pics of in another thread, (Checking out VXR's).

I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know :)

MatsHolden
17th November 2006, 11:34 AM
Are you sure Mat ??

I go by there every weekend, and up until last weekend, the only red AH there was a VXR.........the same one I posted pics of in another thread, (Checking out VXR's).

I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know :)

Absolutely positive mate. There's no doubt that there are red ones now as BLACKAHCDX has pointed out but i'll take a photo for you today just so you know.. :P

Wraith
17th November 2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks Mat, I'll still drop by there 2morrow as it's in my travels and check it out in the flesh.........so tempting to grab one of these as the price is very affordable....;)

sparks
17th November 2006, 02:47 PM
Yeh we sold a red Ah Astra sri turbo around 4 weeks ago took heaps of pic's as well there all on my web site....

rjastra
17th November 2006, 03:13 PM
So its not a fluke, or a mistake or a respray

Some guys love a conspiracy theory... :)

Wraith
17th November 2006, 05:04 PM
So red SRI's.

Makes me happier that I chose the blue for my VXR!!! - 4 Sleeps to go!

Yeh, red will become a common colour, just like it was with Calibra's - it does look hot in red though .... :)

Blue like yours will be more unique ;)

How are the sleepless nights going :D

MatsHolden
17th November 2006, 05:47 PM
haha that feeling is the best and worst and the same time. Would like to see it Geebs at the Vic photoshoot in Jan!

Geebs
17th November 2006, 05:57 PM
haha that feeling is the best and worst and the same time. Would like to see it Geebs at the Vic photoshoot in Jan!

Don't even go there! I just rang the guy at the dealership and finally it's in Melbourne... he was looking at it, said it looked hot hehehhehee

If im in Melb for the photo shoot ill definitely come along!!!

Also just ordered my plates, im getting VXRRRR.. when I get it and if anyone sees me around, gimme a beep! hehehe

Red AH SRI T
17th November 2006, 06:45 PM
Holden should get on the front foot and actually update their site then...

it will probably be updated later this month or early next year

MatsHolden
17th November 2006, 10:58 PM
Also just ordered my plates, im getting VXRRRR..

Vauxhall Racing Racing Racing Racing... i like lol

EL BURITO
9th December 2006, 01:46 AM
ALL colours have been updated on www.holden.com
in the Astra range those ppl that have the white SRI T have something of a rare model seeing how it was special order.

And there are heaps of colours now in the Hatch, wagon and the coup. for some odd reason i really want to see a Red wagon

Ishley
9th December 2006, 11:24 AM
Like this one......:D

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5104/redastra009ds5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)